Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CD Rom drive not working

• 27-09-2011 11:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Firstly, I havent a clue about computers. Basically, my CD ROM drive isnt reading CD ROMS! Its buzzing and whirring, and the cursor even shows a little CD to let you know its doing something CD-ish, but then it all stops. It usen't to be like this, now it does this with everything I put into it. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Its a Toshiba A200, Windows Vista!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You'll find slimline USB DVDRW drives on ebay for less than 30euro, if you can't find a direct internal replacement; I found about 50 though

There's usually 1 screw holding in an optical laptop drive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    You'll find slimline USB DVDRW drives on ebay for less than 30euro, if you can't find a direct internal replacement; I found about 50 though

There's usually 1 screw holding in an optical laptop drive.

You think I need a whole new piece of hardware:eek: I thought it'd be some stupid update I needed! It was fine until about a month ago! Do they burn out or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

You could try a cleaning disc. The lens can get dirty and make reading impossible.

Advertisement