Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf shudders at idle speed

Options
  • 27-09-2011 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,

I have a VW Golf, 1999 1.4 Petrol 16v. I had a problem with it recently where it idled too slowly and kept cutting out, so I got the throttle body cleaned, and that seems to have sorted out that problem. Then it failed the NCT so I got the Lambda sensor replaced. It's more or less fine now, but it does shudder every couple of seconds when it's idling. It's idling at 800-1000 rpm, so it's not too slow, or anything, it's just running a bit rough. Any ideas where to start to fix this: injectors, sensors or otherwise?

thanks,
    teaspach
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

assuming plugs and plug leads ok then get a bottle of dipetaine from a motor factor and add half on the forecourt and then fill the tank with petrol.
    It might help

• Registered Users Posts: 18,565 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Okay, this may not be relevant at all - I am not the best with cars but I will give you my experience with a diesel focus that exhibited the same problems.
    It turned out to be the MAP sensor, replaced this and all was good. Needed to get the diagnostics run before that showed up as the issue however.

Again, take with pinch of salt. Your car may not even have one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

1.4 golf doesn't have a MAF

• Registered Users Posts: 23,349 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

As a safety precaution, check your vacuum feed to your brakes. A crack in the hose can cause this type of issue and if it suddenly got worse, it would result in a brake pedal that needed massive force to apply brakes and could cause an accident.

Your problem could be down to many things but this would be worth ruling out anyway.

Advertisement