Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dulux light and space paint

• 28-09-2011 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43

Has anyone here used this paint?

It says on the tin its twice as reflective as regular paint.

Im just wondering whether to pay a bit extra and get this as our hall is narrow and doesnt get an awful lot of direct sunlight.

Opnions and experiences welcome smile.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

BS if your willing to pay extra for paint, why not get natural based paint and avoid the carcinogens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 spikealmighty

well I was more interested in the twice as reflective part than willing to pay extra for the fun of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭creedp

BryanF wrote: »
    BS if your willing to pay extra for paint, why not get natural based paint and avoid the carcinogens

As a matter of interest when you refer to natural based paints, how do they compare to your std Dulux/Crown/Colourtrend paints? Do the main brands also sell natural based paints? As you can see no knowledge of paints other that it normally does what it says on tin:)

By the way OP never heard of the highly reflective Dulux paint but like a lot of other product claims it may not be a good as it claims. Maybe someone who has used it could give some feedback.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

creedp wrote: »
    As a matter of interest when you refer to natural based paints, how do they compare to your std Dulux/Crown/Colourtrend paints? Do the main brands also sell natural based paints? As you can see no knowledge of paints other that it normally does what it says on tin:)

By the way OP never heard of the highly reflective Dulux paint but like a lot of other product claims it may not be a good as it claims. Maybe someone who has used it could give some feedback.
    some of the natural paints are definitely better than others. what i'm basically talking about when i say 'natural' is a paint that is not petrol-chemical based. some paints claim this but are still not 'natural' just much lower in VOC's and reduced EE. there are also silicate paints that retain the breathablity of the wall fabric. many the major brands have 'green' or 'eco' logos but as far as i can tell thats BS as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 spikealmighty

So has anyone out there usee this paint then???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Yeah I have. Have to say I didn't notice a big difference. Was a blueish colour in a kids bedroom, of the top of my head it might have being Lake House, can't be sure.

Suppose you would have to see it at different times of the day to see if it works. I read an independent report which said it does work very well. Will try to dig that up. Think it was a good bit more expensive, but I have used it just that once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

I know someone who used it in a cream colour (sorry don't know colour name) in a living room that was quite dark. I don't think it made the room any brighter than painting with magnolia or other creamy colour would have done.

Advertisement