Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

the_syco wrote: »
    Is your fan speed at 100% and if not, set it at that for the game.

They get shot, they turn, and blind us all when they runs away. They get shot, and so the do we, as they just lit us up...

I can't wait for FF to be turned on, so I can TK anyone who blinds me :mad: :cool:

Fan speed is on auto, but I usually only set it at 35%, doesn't need to be higher. Even still, its not gonna make the HD4870 any faster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

One Question: I have unlocked the Stinger RPG but can’t use it. It is that because there are no aeroplanes in the map?

Also is there any talk of other maps, strange there is no speculation on anything other than Metro and Caspian Border… very strange.

I think it is great game to be honest, the fire fights on the third part of Metro can be incredible. Lots of people are picking fault but you’d have to say that overall it is incredible.

(I agree there is a lot of camping but so what, it is Rush and once in game chat is there we will be quickly able to dispose of the campers. I camped myself last night on the train tracks defending the second sets of base (near A). I had the SV98 and was in prone and was basically unstoppable. Some laugh)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

the_syco wrote: »
    Is your fan speed at 100% and if not, set it at that for the game.

They get shot, they turn, and blind us all when they runs away. They get shot, and so the do we, as they just lit us up...

I can't wait for FF to be turned on, so I can TK anyone who blinds me :mad: :cool:

I entered a server yesterday and and playfully shot at some squadmates as the match began, only to see them die and instantly. I guess a custom server got mixed into the battlelog server list.

And the T-UGS thing (I think) is supposed to be used when a sniper is camping or you're defending a chokepoint. Just listen for the thing to make the beeping noise and you know an enemy is trying to sneak up on ya. I'd prefer if it worked like in BC2 where it showed enemies on the minimap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Fan speed is on auto, but I usually only set it at 35%, doesn't need to be higher. Even still, its not gonna make the HD4870 any faster!!

It cools it though. Surely you can hear it auto-revving up when you leave it at 35%

If you go into CCC you can change the settings for AA and stuff to better performace. I always set my fans to 70% during games.

Might have to upgrade from the 4870x2 though depending on how good the game is..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Really??
    I've never heard of a torch that can blind somebody in broad daylight from 100 yards away.
    Fair enough in a dark subway but out in an open park??
    Nodferatu wrote: »
    in the middle of broad daylight you get blinded by a torch? really?

Yes!! :D Go get any kind of strong torch (not some retarded camping torch) and get some1 to point it at your eyes in broad daylight.... nicest day of the summer you can find.. and you still will squint!!

Daylight has very little to do with it.. The sun doesnt cancel out other light sources!! Its a supposed to be a powerful military flashlight.. It focuses an intense amount of light on your eyes.. just coz the sun is out doesn't detract from that!

Granted, yes, it would be more powerful and effective in the dark as your pupils would have dilated but my original point is still valid!

Burgo wrote: »
    My main problem with it is that most of the time it's not players on the other team blinding me, but muppets on my own team.

Now this is very frustrating!!! :rolleyes: there is nothing worse really! I fear most people just don't realise you can turn it off!!

but these idiots just get themselves killed as they are very easy to spot!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

hypermuse wrote: »
    Yes!! :DGo get any kind of strong torch (not some retarded camping torch) and get some1 to point it at your eyes in broad daylight.... nicest day of the summer you can find.. and you still will squint!!

Daylight has very little to do with it.. The sun doesnt cancel out other light sources!! Its a supposed to be a powerful military flashlight.. It focuses an intense amount of light on your eyes.. just coz the sun is out doesn't detract from that!

Granted, yes, it would be more powerful and effective in the dark as your pupils would have dilated but my original point is still valid!

Now this is very frustrating!!! :rolleyes: there is nothing worse really! I fear most people just don't realise you can turn it off!!

but these idiots just get themselves killed as they are very easy to spot!! :D
    I may be remembering wrong, but aren't the char skins wearing sunglasses too......

oh and the recon class is well brilliant!!

The mobile spawn gadget is well powerful! amount of times I have put one down deep in enemy lines.. Insane

When defending or attacking.. rack up the kills/get to the Bomb sties easily and quickly by taking out the enemy from behind!!

Plus you never get pinned back in your own spawn!!

I may be remembering wrong, but aren't the char skins wearing sunglasses too......

Yea I think so but its for character effect as opposed to preventing being blinded from flashlights..

Outside, sunglasses make sense.. but in the tunnels.. really!!! :D Its just aesthetics!

SeantheMan wrote: »
    It cools it though. Surely you can hear it auto-revving up when you leave it at 35%

If you go into CCC you can change the settings for AA and stuff to better performace. I always set my fans to 70% during games.

Might have to upgrade from the 4870x2 though depending on how good the game is..

Cheers, but trust me, I know how to tweak ;)

I use ATI Tray Tools for performance tweaking at driver level and MSI afterburner to overclock.

Keeping an eye on temps in game with the MSI Afterburner overlay, 35% is plenty fast enough. It doesn't rev up when I set it manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think the main problem with the torch is the fact that n00bs don't realise they can be turned off. :rolleyes:

So when they're running around with their own platoon, they're blinding their squad mates, and giving their positions away halfway down the tunnel.

yeah...it's a bloody nuisance...although in fairness I thought the same at the start and was just deselecting it until I needed it..

and ps...the M9 is awesome...miles better than it was in BF2/BC2..

• Advertisement

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    yeah...it's a bloody nuisance...although in fairness I thought the same at the start and was just deselecting it until I needed it..

and ps...the M9 is awesome...miles better than it was in BF2/BC2..

I hadn't been using my pistols that much, but ran out of ammo last night and switched. I out sniped a sniper with a volley of 5 or 6 qucik shots from it. Awesome gun alright.

Hmm, just noticed battlelog says I have the M1911 unlocked - but I don't recall being able to select it? (must be the veteran / gun club thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yes!! :D Go get any kind of strong torch (not some retarded camping torch) and get some1 to point it at your eyes in broad daylight.... nicest day of the summer you can find.. and you still will squint!!
    :D
    I don`t see how it would have that much effect.
    Maybe you should do an experiment:DMythbusters FTW.
    I`m still saying no;)
    A lot of people drive with headlights on in the day,they never dazzle me like they do at night..........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I`m still saying no;)
    A lot of people drive with headlights on in the day,they never dazzle me like they do at night..........

military torches are different..they are designed to blind the enemy especially in CQB scenarios.
    Hell even the airsoft torches I use for the nights are absolutely blinding..even trying it in my room I couldn't see properly for a couple of mins..

I`m still saying no;)

should totally ask mythbusters to do it!! :D love that show!

Bright flashlights are even recommended as a form of self defense! I assume its more coz you should have a heavy one to batter them with!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

should totally ask mythbusters to do it!! :D love that show!

Bright flashlights are even recommended as a form of self defense! I assume its more coz you should have a heavy one to batter them with!

Speaking for experience Mr Garda ?

I never use the torch on my primary weapon, on a pistil its good. Ive seen snipers with the torch attachment. The laser is more handy anyway and is not as noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

People are just thinking of normal flashlights. This is what a approx 4000 lumen tactical flashlight can do. Remember normal flashlights are approx 100 lumens.

HZNnE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Keeping an eye on temps in game with the MSI Afterburner overlay, 35% is plenty fast enough. It doesn't rev up when I set it manually.
    Ah, you're lucky then. I'd get graphical glitches after a while when it was on auto, and then the machine would lock up. Since I put it on 100% fan, it works grand.

Had everything on high, but it caused graphical glitches, so put everything on low, and then remember to put the fan to 100% to fix this. Will turn stuff back up (to medium), and see if it works okay then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Theres a release of ATI catalyst drivers today i think if its anygood to anyone 1.9 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

You could always try making your own Tactical Flashlight to prove the point.....

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-$200-%22tactical%22-flashlight-for-about-$15/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

whats the story with snipers and their solid white eyes, weird lookin

• Advertisement

DrMorphine wrote: »

so does this mean if i sneak up behind an enemy i can turn on my torch and burn him to death! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

DrMorphine wrote: »

so does this mean if i sneak up behind an enemy i can turn on my torch and burn him to death! :)

That's what I was thinking.
    That video proves nothing just that they get hot.
    Mythbusters or GTFO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If not then I'm not gonna buy this POS game, DICE can sit and swivel if they dont include vital features like this in their game. If there was flashlights in BF2 you could do this waaaah waaah waaah waaah......

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If not there's always the blowtorch on the EOD bot:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Odd. The PS3/360 version doesn't even run at 720p. 704p :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Spear wrote: »
    If not there's always the blowtorch on the EOD bot:

oh man I seriously lolled at that.

Is that for real?!

Reminds me of the Short Circuit robot
    "Johnny-5 stay alive, Johnny-5 stay alive!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

My friend has been making videos for an MMO we play for a while now and they are the funniest videos around. He's just made one for BF3 beta and I think that it's hilarious but I'll let you guys be the judge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

is that EOD thing for real? christ i shat me pants laughing at that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    oh man I seriously lolled at that.

Is that for real?!

Reminds me of the Short Circuit robot
    "Johnny-5 stay alive, Johnny-5 stay alive!!"
    is that EOD thing for real? christ i shat me pants laughing at that

Yes, it's real, it's a late engineer unlock.

Advertisement