Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Saw a guy drive the EOD bot up to the first B point, arm the charge and then proceed to fire rockets at anyone who went near to try disarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

sweet engineer perk. how does the radar work anyone? sometimes you see an orange arrow on radar map as enemy they appear sometimes for a few seconds. how do you 'spot' enemy? funnily enough i owned bf and bf2 but never played them online so I'm still learning stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nodferatu wrote: »
    sweet engineer perk. how does the radar work anyone? sometimes you see an orange arrow on radar map as enemy they appear sometimes for a few seconds. how do you 'spot' enemy? funnily enough i owned bf and bf2 but never played them online so I'm still learning stuff.

On PC, press Q. Its the Select/ Back button on consoles if I remember right. Also if you scope on them with a sniper for a second or so it auto tags them.

On the topic of the map, anyone find the expanded map (pressing M) near uselss as its too transparant to make anything out. Any options to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Everyone is finding the expanded map a pain, will be fixed for full game hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,198 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Playing with DublinGunner there (I dont think he even recognised me :D)

Finally unlocked the ump

Damn its awesome in tight areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

wait til you try the f2000

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Headshot wrote: »
    Playing with DublinGunner there (I dont think he even recognised me :D)

Finally unlocked the ump

Damn its awesome in tight areas

Yeah, kept gettin sniped by that w@nker on the other team matok or something!

Had a decent round there but we lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

i owned bf and bf2 but never played them online so I'm still learning stuff.

Lol, pwning at BF2 offline/singleplayer...lol :D
    9634894.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

got a chunk of free time (meant to be sleeping) so decided to put some heavy hours into the recon class. (already spent quality time with assault and support and leveled up some powerful weapons with both)

I must admit after a few rounds with horrible K/D ratios I finally got the hang of the SV98 and have been enjoying myself with it quite a bit. I will say those whining about the scope reflect are blowing things out of proportion. I've been swapping out with my pistol to hide me while I relocate etc and have had no issues with the scope reflect. But the pull back bolt appears to be broken doesnt work as advertised (or at all)

I admit though this interest in sniping was spurred by a purchase of my new mouse the R.A.T 3. It's my first dedicated gaming mouse oh joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Lol, pwning at BF2 offline/singleplayer...lol :D
    9634894.jpg

BF2 yeah but BF single player was awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    got a chunk of free time (meant to be sleeping) so decided to put some heavy hours into the recon class. (already spent quality time with assault and support and leveled up some powerful weapons with both)

I must admit after a few rounds with horrible K/D ratios I finally got the hang of the SV98 and have been enjoying myself with it quite a bit. I will say those whining about the scope reflect are blowing things out of proportion. I've been swapping out with my pistol to hide me while I relocate etc and have had no issues with the scope reflect. But the pull back bolt appears to be broken doesnt work as advertised (or at all)

I admit though this interest in sniping was spurred by a purchase of my new mouse the R.A.T 3. It's my first dedicated gaming mouse oh joy!

I've being using the sniper rifles without any scope, try it its great craic especially the sks rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I played a few games there last night, after a few games with a k/d of 0 :o I started doing somewhat ok.

I have never really played battlefield before, but i thought it was really good. Its looking like a possible purchase from me.

Is there anyone playing again this evening? I wouldnt mind trying i out in a group scenario.

One question, how do i toggle the flashlight?

Dcully wrote: »
    I've being using the sniper rifles without any scope, try it its great craic especially the sks rifle.

yeah I used the acog with the svd for a while rather then the full scope when in the underground section. Surprisingly effective at times.

BF2 yeah but BF single player was awesome.

i'm really hoping you are getting mixed up with bad company?

i'm really hoping you are getting mixed up with bad company?

Nope BF1942, you could have a bucketload of AI players and the AI was pretty smart in BF1942.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Nope BF1942, you could have a bucketload of AI players and the AI was pretty smart in BF1942.

In those days if I wanted to play a decent multiplayer game I had to go to inernet cafe and those bots were perfect for getting my bf fix and also great for practicing planes etc:D

Ahh ok...I just wouldnt have used the words single player myself...practice? skirmish perhaps?

Perhaps I playe too much RTS and think campaign when I see single player...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

sweet engineer perk. how does the radar work anyone? sometimes you see an orange arrow on radar map as enemy they appear sometimes for a few seconds. how do you 'spot' enemy?

When you see them hit select (PS3).. If a team mate kills him while you spotted him then you will get a spot assist!

One question, how do i toggle the flashlight?

IF its for PS3 then hit the up button on the d-pad.. prob same for xbox id imagine..

Really must unlock that Bot.. looks class!! Luv the engineer class either way.. great for the tight areas underground with the rocket launchers.. especially for blasting wholes in the building at the end!

Well skirmish was its only SP mode, for some odd reason my chorus internet would never work on 1942 so i was stuck with SP\skirmish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

yeah I used the acog with the svd for a while rather then the full scope when in the underground section. Surprisingly effective at times.

Go with NO scope mate, just the ironsight,really enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BF42 AI were complete idiots, they would do more damage to themselves than the enemy.

Dcully wrote: »
    Go with NO scope mate, just the ironsight,really enjoyable.

Oh My!

quickly loaded up a game, was defending spawned in with scopeless SVD with laser and foregrip already losing our 2nd mcom on the first stage. I jump under the bridge to catch a group of enemy coming across the rive. 1! 2! 3+4! (double kill) then I get gunned down.

4 to 1 only seconds into the game. had to laugh.

Ended up with a very nice K/D ratio and a very nice kill streak at the end that took the enemy team from 10 to 0 tickets in one quick swoop!

Edit: Reminds me of the G3 in BF2 a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I love this game but I am finding that my k/d is shocking... rarely positive when it was rarely negative in BC2??

Also I trying out Assault Class now and just unlocked my first ACOG but I kind the first Assault Rifle for the Russian (AK47M) really unstable... does anyone have the same issues?

Don't like the crosshairs on the shotgun when using buckshot - it should be a broad 'O', not a little X.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

mozattack wrote: »
    I love this game but I am finding that my k/d is shocking... rarely positive when it was rarely negative in BC2??

I wouldn't worry about k/d, was always the case that if you played objectively you ran the risk of a poorer k/d. I would love to see the k/d being done away with completely, or at least relegated to the aggregated stats page.

Objective and support scores should be given far more prominence with even higher scores for caps & defuses, and bigger bonuses for kills in mcom and flag areas.

Just my tuppence...

James74 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about k/d, was always the case that if you played objectively you ran the risk of a poorer k/d. I would love to see the k/d being done away with completely, or at least relegated to the aggregated stats page.

Objective and support scores should be given far more prominence with even higher scores for caps & defuses, and bigger bonuses for kills in mcom and flag areas.

Just my tuppence...

Yeah I notice the kills near MComm stations no longer get bonus points like in BC2.

I am not too concerned about k/d but just saying that it is a sign that I am finding it harder to dominate on this game.

mozattack wrote: »
    Yeah I notice the kills near MComm stations no longer get bonus points like in BC2.

I am not too concerned about k/d but just saying that it is a sign that I am finding it harder to dominate on this game.

They do but I think the radius has been tightened. I've gotten MCOM defender points a few times, but the person was literally in the middle of planting in most cases.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lol

Same thing happened me

Oh how I loled

• Advertisement

Man im loving this game so much

Im surprised im loving it this much tbh

Advertisement