Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

James74 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about k/d, was always the case that if you played objectively you ran the risk of a poorer k/d. I would love to see the k/d being done away with completely, or at least relegated to the aggregated stats page.

Objective and support scores should be given far more prominence with even higher scores for caps & defuses, and bigger bonuses for kills in mcom and flag areas.

Just my tuppence...

Whole heartedly agree with this sentiment!!

One thing I thought battlefield did great was the scoring system ingame.. ou only got a score.. no K/D so ppl were alot more inclined to play the objective!!

Hope it doesnt go all COD with people getting K/D obsessed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    They do but I think the radius has been tightened. I've gotten MCOM defender points a few times, but the person was literally in the middle of planting in most cases.

This is true I usually get them when I trigger the C4 I stuck to the MCOM's.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

sink wrote: »
    This is true I usually get them when I trigger the C4 I stuck to the MCOM's.

The Mcoms in the 2nd section are the best for this because they are both in tight spaces you can actually get the person who's planting and anyone else in the room if you place you C4 in a spread.

Speaking of that section, I know destruction has been toned down in the beta but you still can do quite a bit, of the 4 main approaches to the bomb sites only 2 are covered (the middle corridor and the side one in front of B) you can actually blow both open completely removing the wall with C4 and give the support on a bipod down on the platform a full coverage of a huge chunk of the approach to that bomb site.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,198 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ffs

I just got killed because I was distracted by my own team mates flash light during the 1st part of Metro. Yes we have idiots that have a flash light on during the day time

Please get rid of those ***** of a flash lights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Headshot wrote: »
    Yes we have idiots that have a flash light on during the day time

Having it during the day-time segments is more convenient than having to change up your loadout when you hit the tunnels, considering the alternative is to already have it and just run straight in.

They should be less effective outside though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

can you check what kind of connection you are running on when playing on console?

Like how many bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

This is a videa of the destruction on the Xbox, which I think looks INCREDIBLE.

I am blown away by it to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slrCVYTOd6Q&feature=player_embedded#!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Having it during the day-time segments is more convenient than having to change up your loadout when you hit the tunnels, considering the alternative is to already have it and just run straight in.

They should be less effective outside though.
    or you could ya know press up on the dpad(xbox) which turns the light on and off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

A flashlight on a sniper rifle????

In my clip (above) the Xbox damage is incredible but it isn't like this in PS3.

Why *worried*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

mozattack wrote: »
    In my clip (above) the Xbox damage is incredible but it isn't like this in PS3.

Why *worried*

I assume your talking above the debris that falls away. Id say its just to make the beta have a steady frame-rate on the PS3 version since its not optimised yet. It'll most likely be there in the final version. I could see some outrage if peoples framerates dipped when walls were demolished resulting in them dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

can you check what kind of connection you are running on when playing on console?

Like how many bars?

Unfortunately not,I was lagging something else earlier on,may aswell have been throwing stones at people for all the damage I was doing.

I also jumped over a small wall in the middle of the 1st stage in the park and it said I commited suicide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Some very K/D ratio people out there at the moment , when the subway section first opens up to attackers there are a lot of people hesitating to run the gauntlet into the subway tunnel which is crap cause if you dont rush it by force you aint getting in.

Some very K/D ratio people out there at the moment , when the subway section first opens up to attackers there are a lot of people hesitating to run the gauntlet into the subway tunnel which is crap cause if you dont rush it by force you aint getting in.

I was playing with Dublingunner and JamesS74 today and I ended up with a 60/20 K/D ratio (over 10,000 points lol). Most of it was earned from the initial tunnel on the right (the defenders right)- I set up camp with the sniper rifle and bipod down by the train and could see everyone as they plopped down the entrance and tried to slowly prone-advance their way forward. It was absolutely ridiculous how they kept hesitating and dying.

My favorite spot for sniping in metro is when you're an attacker and enter the final phase. I rush the building on the right hand side, get to the top where it overlooks their spawn area, lay down a mobile spawn point and go on a killing spree. Ive unlocked everything for recon now so I'm moving onto engineer for the last few days of the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

there are a lot of people hesitating to run the gauntlet into the subway tunnel which is crap cause if you dont rush it by force you aint getting in.

+1

Same with the second set of MCOMS in the metro, people hesitating to go up the escalators or be the one to cross the hall to either of the bomb sites, though if you run it yourself and hop on A, generally someone will push with you in support so it's not all bad. I actually love this game for that reason after playing COD, if you're willing to push on objectives, people generally don't just leave you to die as a martyr.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I find if your on comms with your squad your fairly unstoppable throw in a mobile spawn point and movement anywhere is possible.

At what level does the engineer unlock Johnny 5?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Headshot wrote: »
    At what level does the engineer unlock Johnny 5?

Currently it's 72000 in engineer score (not a specific level), but that's the beta and will probably change.

Spear wrote: »
    Currently it's 72000 in engineer score (not a specific level), but that's the beta and will probably change.

ah man

still a long way to go

I just unlocked the SCAR-H and that afaik is 41,000 Engineer score

Mossay wrote: »
    I was playing with Dublingunner and JamesS74 today and I ended up with a 60/20 K/D ratio (over 10,000 points lol). Most of it was earned from the initial tunnel on the right (the defenders right)- I set up camp with the sniper rifle and bipod down by the train and could see everyone as they plopped down the entrance and tried to slowly prone-advance their way forward. It was absolutely ridiculous how they kept hesitating and dying.

My favorite spot for sniping in metro is when you're an attacker and enter the final phase. I rush the building on the right hand side, get to the top where it overlooks their spawn area, lay down a mobile spawn point and go on a killing spree. Ive unlocked everything for recon now so I'm moving onto engineer for the last few days of the beta.

"self praise..." and all that :)

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I find if your on comms with your squad your fairly unstoppable throw in a mobile spawn point and movement anywhere is possible.

How did you get on comms?

I have no comms with anyone yet on the game (PS3)

I reckon a good squad in Metro as defence would be fair hard to beat.

Why isn't there any blood in the game? Disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

One thing that frustrates me is the forum on battlelog there's alot of bitching about console newbs and cod players and how no one does teamwork etc etc.

I played BC2 mostly on the 360 and hell they knew on Rush that you need to defuse the bomb.

I am going nuts here sometimes when nobody defuses on the games I am playing and these would then be the same people who would bitch about how there's no teamwork like it was in BF2... F*CK YOU! disarm the damn bomb then we can talk about teamwork.

Did so many players really skip BC2 and never played rush before?

mozattack wrote: »
    "self praise..." and all that :)

When writing that I didn't think I was boasting/praising myself but in retrospect I can see how it could be interpreted that way as I went into unnecessary detail about where I get kills on hesitant players. I was just chiming in on the comment how K/D ratio conscious players tend to hold back, which funnily enough has the opposite effect on their ratio when going up against a sniper.

*balances out the 60/20 K/D ratio talk* Today I got 1/4 as an engineer. Hooah!

@Blitzkrieg my most hated thing about defusing so far is when lying prone while defusing and teammates walk into you, pushing you away from the mcom and reseting the defuse time.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

@Blitzkrieg my most hated thing about defusing so far is when lying prone while defusing and teammates walk into you, pushing you away from the mcom and reseting the defuse time.

Yeah but only gheys defuse in the prone position :P

battser wrote: »
    Yeah but only gheys defuse in the prone position :P

:D prone, and hiding behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

They probably think that the more people defusing the faster it goes or some toss, it even shows on your HUD the reticlue going round for a defuse :confused:

And its not even just at the M-com's where it agravates me, many times I dive to prone behind a concrete block to try flank an enemy...........until someone else tries the same thing and bounces me out into the open where they have just drawn a ton of fire :mad: That and squadmates spawning on you, seeing you leaning out the edge of some sandbags sniping and tries to get the same firing line by shoving you over....like WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I was just chiming in on the comment how K/D ratio conscious players tend to hold back..

...from the guy who has taken a sniping time-share behind that big tree beside the lake :P

James74 wrote: »
    ...from the guy who has taken a sniping time-share behind that big tree beside the lake :P

Don't diss the tree! He helped me on my quest to level up recon as quickly as possible while earning bucket loads of MVP, sniper, and combat efficiency medals. I was saddened when I unlocked the final item and only to learn it was bugged. Right now my recon kit is listed as medic, I guess its some uncleaned code from when medics still existed in Battlefield 3

• Advertisement

You get a hitmarker on the enemy but he kills ya and then you see how much health he has after the hitmarker, 100% health

dodgy

Also im surprised there hasnt been any new updates

Advertisement