Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ah... had a horrible game now... k/d 6/16 ffs...

i felt like cannon meat. assaulting metro in mid game is almost impossible. a good few high levels learned this stand up shoot rocket, then prone, reload and rinse and repeat. ****ing annoying.

a good team can bottle neck and defend metro very easy.

i want new map :(. metro is getting really stale at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Mossay wrote: »
    I was playing with Dublingunner and JamesS74 today and I ended up with a 60/20 K/D ratio (over 10,000 points lol). Most of it was earned from the initial tunnel on the right (the defenders right)- I set up camp with the sniper rifle and bipod down by the train and could see everyone as they plopped down the entrance and tried to slowly prone-advance their way forward. It was absolutely ridiculous how they kept hesitating and dying.

My favorite spot for sniping in metro is when you're an attacker and enter the final phase. I rush the building on the right hand side, get to the top where it overlooks their spawn area, lay down a mobile spawn point and go on a killing spree. Ive unlocked everything for recon now so I'm moving onto engineer for the last few days of the beta.

I actually think I had one of my (very few) decent rounds that time too!

I kept spawning on a mobile spawn in the park, and whacking them as they were going down the tunnel :D

Feckin' eejits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

What I do like about this (repetitive) map is that you need a different set of equipment for each stage. Example: I take med kits at the start and smoke mid game etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

One thing that really adds to my earlier frustration is the last stage of the defence in the streets. I think its actually impossible for the defenders to win when it gets to this stage? More so when half your team insist staying in the spawn area to snipe or cover with machine guns...which is useless cause you cant hit sh*t & f&ck all from there, you need to push across the main road to keep a presence in the cafe area.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

I actually think I had one of my (very few) decent rounds that time too!

I kept spawning on a mobile spawn in the park, and whacking them as they were going down the tunnel :D

Feckin' eejits!

Heh that was most definitely my mobile spawn point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

On one match yesterday my team were defending and we were in the 1st part of metro

In the river there's a small island and 2 of my team mates were out there

****ing idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Mossay wrote: »
    :D prone, and hiding behind it

I prefer to Crouch and gun down any sods who think they can come stop me. pew pew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    One thing that really adds to my earlier frustration is the last stage of the defence in the streets. I think its actually impossible for the defenders to win when it gets to this stage? More so when half your team insist staying in the spawn area to snipe or cover with machine guns...which is useless cause you cant hit sh*t & f&ck all from there, you need to push across the main road to keep a presence in the cafe area.

I do agree here, most people love to run around the properties like ape**** killing while blissfully ignoring the MComm station alarm. It is so feckin wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Headshot wrote: »
    On one match yesterday my team were defending and we were in the 1st part of metro

In the river there's a small island and 2 of my team mates were out there

****ing idiots

Ah yes the fabled retard island! I don't know why people still go there, it's the first place you look for snipers if you're anywhere near B.

Had a few rounds with 5uspect the other day, unfortunately not on the same squad as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Man I'm an idiot.

I only just worked out what V does. It changes your fire mode.

Was wondering why the AK was so goddamn awful (put it in single fire and its pretty damn good)

and the aek 97 is a beast in single shot mode.

remapping that to my 4th mouse button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

yeah i only found that out last night myself.
    i knew it had to be in it, just never knew how to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I always seem to be among the top 3 players on the losing side. I have a K/D ratio of 1.43 and a SPM of 477 and I'm always relentlessly pushing towards the objective yet my W/L ratio is an embarrassing 0.62. Is it me or am I just unlucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Nah you just bring out the worst in those around ya.

lads wtf is this p9RAs.png:confused:

Was working grand a few minutes ago but cant play anything now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

nobody seems to be helping each other, any games i play non of my team mates revive me or throw ammo if their support or medic or whatever classes they are. it almost makes me feel like not bothering to revive or help anyone anymore. wheres the teamwork people?

Nodferatu wrote: »
    nobody seems to be helping each other, any games i play non of my team mates revive me or throw ammo if their support or medic or whatever classes they are. it almost makes me feel like not bothering to revive or help anyone anymore. wheres the teamwork people?

My preferred method of teamwork is getting my UAV and spotting the enemy troops and harassing them when they try to snipe. Its fun too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

lads wtf is this p9RAs.png:confused:

Was working grand a few minutes ago but cant play anything now

prob best just deleting the file and downloading it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Battleog seems to have stopped updating.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    prob best just deleting the file and downloading it again.

I restarted the computer and chkdsk took over and its working again now but iv lost the icon picture for 2 of my desktop stuff which I find strange

I restarted the computer and chkdsk took over and its working again now but iv lost the icon picture for 2 of my desktop stuff which I find strange

That happened to me before, the hard drive gets a random error and directories either go missing or become unreadable. I used chkdsk and it did resolve the errors, and my missing directories reappeared as new ones in the parent C: directory, so if win32 appears there then send it back to where its supposed to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,357 ✭✭✭✭noodler

PS3 beta.

I gave it another hour tonight - I think this is absolutely terrible when compared to BC2.

Ignoring graphics, people are f***ing invisable, way too much shrubbery for people to hide in, you are dead the moment you spawn far too often, feels like you are moving in treacle, the amount of people who just lie prone is an absolute joke and it is a feature they really need to remove.

1943 got me into this series bigtime, the BC2 Beta/demo absolutely stunned me and made the game an essential purchase but this muck makes me wanna stick with BC2 til BC3.

Finally got the robot

I use it to plan a bomb :D

But mg it is fair hard to control, ridiculously hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

This beta has yet to connect to a single server. I have been connected for days with no luck. No purchase from me.

Dont live in Ireland.

fluffer wrote: »
    This beta has yet to connect to a single server. I have been connected for days with no luck. No purchase from me.

Dont live in Ireland.

You must be the only one.

Don;t use Quick Match. There's something wrong with it. Just use the filter to get servers with 1-5 spots empty and quickly choose one.

Alternatively, if you haven't joined the Boards.ie platoon, do so, and then join one of us when we're playing :)

>> Boards.ie Platoon <<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Sorry my post should've read: I dont live in Ireland. My nearest servers are Japan, Korea, Bangkok and Singapore.

None are connecting. No point in buying a BF game without the ability to play online.

Dont live in Ireland.

Yeah quick match stopped working for me 4 days ago. Best bet is to filter the servers by your region, then as you single click on each server on the list the number of people playing is updated and you can see if theres a free spot. The moment you see a spot join it lightning fast, it may take a few tries to find a slot like this but it works unlike quickmatch.

It'll seem like when you try to join a server with 1 free slot that it doesnt let you connect, but thats just because someone got in ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

noodler wrote: »
    .........the amount of people who just lie prone is an absolute joke and it is a feature they really need to remove.

I have no real issue with people going prone or camping, it's a real life tactic when defending which has to be overcome using teamwork and suppression, just so long as they got rid of dolphin-diving I'm quite happy.

Sorry my post should've read: I dont live in Ireland. My nearest servers are Japan, Korea, Bangkok and Singapore.

None are connecting. No point in buying a BF game without the ability to play online.

Ah that's a pain. You live solidly in MMO land.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

177012.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can anyone get into a game ?

Advertisement