Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

id died on me too just now...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Quick match or join via browser doesnt work for me, only way to get a game was click on someone playing it and join their server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    One thing that really adds to my earlier frustration is the last stage of the defence in the streets. I think its actually impossible for the defenders to win when it gets to this stage? More so when half your team insist staying in the spawn area to snipe or cover with machine guns...which is useless cause you cant hit sh*t & f&ck all from there, you need to push across the main road to keep a presence in the cafe area.

I have only one once when playing this part in defense. I found the key was to get into the buildings asap as you lose the last part of the metro station. The enemy have to run out into the streets to get into cover, so if you set up a few mg's with bipods you can kill them easily. Smoke is handy for masking advances but it is also useful for spotting enemy targets as it provides a very strong contrast to their uniforms with its grey colour and also because it doesn't move, highlighting their movement moreso if you deploy it near them.

the other thing is to have someone defending the stairways in the buildings, I don't know how many times a single enemy has cut through 4 or 5 of my team because they were all facing one direction, ie away from the stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Is it me, or is the hit detection off?

I can lay into a guy and it takes a good 1-2 seconds to kill. But I can get killed with one shot :confused: (and not talking about getting a head shot) And also not up close range.

Its annoying.
    I can get the jump on someone. Lay off a near clip, he turns around 1 shot and im dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CoolHat wrote: »
    Is it me, or is the hit detection off?

I can lay into a guy and it takes a good 1-2 seconds to kill. But I can get killed with one shot :confused: (and not talking about getting a head shot) And also not up close range.

Its annoying.
    I can get the jump on someone. Lay off a near clip, he turns around 1 shot and im dead.

Seems ok to me but the beta isnt protected and theres a number of cheats on MPC most of them vision awareness, i find shooting someone in the back works well if you think they cheating.

Also the 0% health thing is either a feature or a bug, have had it a few times and the other guy swearing he shot me. "yes you did im now hiding cos i have 0% health!"

omfg i am soooo frustraded with this website interface ****facebook stile idiocy...

for last 45min we are trying to make a party...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

omfg i am soooo frustraded with this website interface ****facebook stile idiocy...

You have to reload the page every single time you invite someone/create a party (CTRL+f5 refresh)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Just use TS?

It is still in beta btw but Battlelog is actually quite good and functional imo

Just use TS?

It is still in beta btw but Battlelog is actually quite good and functional imo

we have vent, we need it not for speaking

we trying to make a party so we all be in same squad.

you cant choose squad is is stupid in all fairness.

it might be something to do with browser as i am not using IE.

anyone tryed to make party and join together as a team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

fair bad timing for my computer to be in the shop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

we trying to make a party so we all be in same squad.

you cant choose squad is is stupid in all fairness.

it might be something to do with browser as i am not using IE.

anyone tryed to make party and join together as a team?

I wouldn't even bother, its broken, and you might not all even make it to the same team, or even all et swapped at the end of the round.

The release version will have full squad options that we've come to expect - in game.

I wouldn't even bother, its broken, and you might not all even make it to the same team, or even all et swapped at the end of the round.

The release version will have full squad options that we've come to expect - in game.

so this thing wont be permenant? there will be proper ingame lobies and friendlists? as this facebook stile **** is so crap.

the other thing which is a pain in a hole that origin and bf3 firendlist are separate.

if EA want to take on steam, they should sort out theyr own **** first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Seems ok to me but the beta isnt protected and theres a number of cheats on MPC most of them vision awareness, i find shooting someone in the back works well if you think they cheating.

Also the 0% health thing is either a feature or a bug, have had it a few times and the other guy swearing he shot me. "yes you did im now hiding cos i have 0% health!"

I doubt its cheating on my end as I am playing the Xbox 360 beta.
    Its bloody annoying. I can lay into someone and 1-3 shots I am dead. I refuse to believe its more level of skill players too.

Wish I could battlefield 3 on my pc. But this one couldnt handle it. Need a new pc shortly too. So guys what pc would people recommend I buy for future pc gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

I doubt its cheating on my end as I am playing the Xbox 360 beta.
    Its bloody annoying. I can lay into someone and 1-3 shots I am dead. I refuse to believe its more level of skill players too.

Wish I could battlefield 3 on my pc. But this one couldnt handle it. Need a new pc shortly too. So guys what pc would people recommend I buy for future pc gaming?

What I've noticed is matchmaking on consoles is atrocious for some games i.e. you get unfairly matched with very low latency players whom as it happens are outside your region so your latency increases. It does my head in on COD when I see a guy and fire my gun at him multiple times, getting multiple hit markers, then he turns and fires seemingly once and kills me. Then the kill-cam shows an entirely different scenario from his perspective where he saw me first and fires at me without taking a hit as my bullets go nowhere near him. If the 360's interface for BF3 is anything like the PS3 where your only option is the select quick-match then I suspect its probably a latency issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

do a search on this forum its been asked lots of times

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Enderman wrote: »
    You have to reload the page every single time you invite someone/create a party (CTRL+f5 refresh)

F5 is refresh, no need for control.

CTRL + R also works.

Overall I'm not that impressed by the beta. I've played Métro more times than I would have liked. I finished the beta on rank 26.

The graphics are very clear and sharp.

The sound is now loud enough. I have a good set of headphones (Steelsound siberia V2 USB) and I find that though I can turn the volume up a lot it never has anywhere near the depth or impact that BC2 has.

The sniping is ridiculous, I found that out of a team of 12 or 16 at least 5 would be sitting on one rock like a load of basking lizards doing **** all else other than getting the odd kill here or there. The fact that the beta was in non hardcore mode only compounds my expectation that sniping in hardcore mode will be even worse. I also do not like the sniper weapons at all.

Support and assault are both great and very well balanced (though plain iron sighted weapons are painful to use. The C4 and ammo ability of the support is a great addition.

I felt engineer is a bit let down, the fact that it took me all my rockets to take out an abrams was a bit disappointing. I would prefer if the basic rocket launchers (RPG and SMAW) were a lot less accurate than they are like in COD Black ops, I thought it was actually more realistic, or at least it felt that way.

The game is highly polished and looks great but I don't think it plays great based on the maps I played. As a beta there were a lot of issues that will get resolved (such as being behind a wall and then teleporting back 10 feet to get shot).

I do think that the game feels like the desert combat mod for Battlefield 1942.

I do not think it feels like Bad company 2, though the trailers etc gave me the impression it would be very similar, it just feels so different.

I have the game preordered and I look forward to playing it. Bad company 2 has port valdez on the beta/demo which is one of the worst maps in the history of maps (god I f*cking hate port valdez!) and still had some outstanding maps Panama Canal and Whiteout being prime examples of good maps).

The game will not be the same as the beta, but it really needs to be a lot better!

Advertisement