Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Crawling over rocks etc, allows you to see through a lot of them. At least twice I have been under the map. The terrain doesnt seem fixed at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

any news about caspian border, will it be added public servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I dont know what the snobbery is all about. Seems a little different, but thats it.

(compensation from having to sit 3 foot away from a small monitor versus feet up playing on 42' TV)

Battlefield 3 beta comparision PC, Xbox 360 and PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c8kKGRvYmE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Grim. wrote: »
    any news about caspian border, will it be added public servers?

I've already posted the password, and it's good old chaotic fun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Spear wrote: »
    I've already posted the password, and it's good old chaotic fun.

Good... or great...or fanfeckingtastic?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It plays so much like MOH to be totally honest, MOH and BF had a baby with a shiney new engiine.
    Weapons feel just like MOH, whch is good imo, while MOH lacked substance the gunplay and weapons felt great to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Good... or great...or fanfeckingtastic?

Only had one brief round, felt a lot more like BF than Op Metro does.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Only had one brief round, felt a lot more like BF than Op Metro does.

Excellent stuff! Had a go of the jets at all? How's the controls on them compared to BF2?

Excellent stuff! Had a go of the jets at all? How's the controls on them compared to BF2?

Didn't touch them, only some tank play. Tanks feel more sluggish to move now though.

Didn't touch them, only some tank play. Tanks feel more sluggish to move now though.

I guess that's to balance the rehealing tanks at low health. Would be hard to find cover if you can't move it fast enough :) I thought the tanks in BC2 were a tad too slow anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

had two rounds on caspian border there, loud map is loud seems very good though

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

lads is it out tonight at midnight on psn???

lads is it out tonight at midnight on psn???

Nope, expect it around lunchtime tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

cheers man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Very unimpressed with it so far on the PS3 , falling through the map a hell of a lot :mad:, I know it's a beta and all but with the game release only a few weeks away I hope it's an old build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

hey lads...if i preorder the game on origin now, will i get access to beta? or is the whole 48hr early access thing on the go at the min?

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    hey lads...if i preorder the game on origin now, will i get access to beta? or is the whole 48hr early access thing on the go at the min?

No, but it's open tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

new pass for caspian
    Appletini

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    new pass for caspian
    Appletini

Can anyone confirm does this work US or UK server?

jackoire wrote: »

It was the password, and wasn't meant to be public. Some servers are changed, some aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I don't think this was posted already - 40 mins of Xbox 360 beta play: http://www.lensoftruth.com/40-minutes-of-battlefield-3-beta-xbox-360-footage/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

just into my second game cant find anything I dont like about it...

except it taking some getting used to

in some ways it very similier to medal of honor tier 1

just into my second game cant find anything I dont like about it...

except it taking some getting used to

in some ways it very similier to medal of honor tier 1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

jackoire wrote: »

uk server

Just played Caspian Border for the last while.

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

Is that a happy or horrified OMG?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Oh. My. God.

Do tell

Just amazing. Simply amazing. While Metro left a good impression, Caspian Border just blows it away. View from the top of the spike is mindblowing :P Spent about 5 minutes up there sniping.

Don't give Headshot any jets though, its all I'm saying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

• Advertisement

it so polished graphically its not dirty and pixelated like other games AWESOMe LOve it

Advertisement