Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Spear wrote: »
    It's only for PC players.

Cheers mate..

Figured that was the case! makes me a sad panda :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Dcully wrote: »
    Long waiting times?
    Ive no problems finding servers with rom within seconds, you must be on console?

Console yes. Couple of minutes waiting to get into a game, a few times. But nothing I imagine won't be sorted out come release.
    Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    hes a legend, speaks his mind. funny watching nerds freaking out

Speak his mind!? He's a hypocrite who panders to his main audience (Xbox players) and tries his damnedest to go against the grain when possible to get views. There is nothing original about his videos, tedious is what they are and have been a good while now especially the gameplay videos. Only so many times I one can listen to him screaming down his mic, complaining about lag on a 4 bar connection and playing like a complete idiot.

edit - sorry for going off topic. I'll stop it there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

My ogirin store is completely blank, can't download anything. So close but yet so far.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

My ogirin store is completely blank, can't download anything. So close but yet so far.

I did what some of the others did and selected it from :

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/home/ThemeID.850300/ccRef.en_IE

which loaded Origin and started downloading automatically.

I've just spent almost an hour on the PS3 version. The gameplay is brilliant, but compared to the PC's graphics I am a little disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Ughhhhh....

Sad to hear it about PS3 but in a few months we won't be checking out the PC appearance anymore so it won't make a difference.

Ponster wrote: »
    I did what some of the others did and selected it from :

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/home/ThemeID.850300/ccRef.en_IE

which loaded Origin and started downloading automatically.

Ah, cheers! it's down at the moment, guessing due to traffic. I downloaded it on xbox for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Ah, cheers! it's down at the moment, guessing due to traffic. I downloaded it on xbox for the time being.

It's Downloading for me fine right now.

Thor wrote: »
    It's Downloading for me fine right now.

That's weird, i can't get onto the site at all

Scratch that, got it going now, cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Sorry lads haven't had time to search. Is the open beta up on PSN/Xbox live marketplace yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Finical wrote: »
    Sorry lads haven't had time to search. Is the open beta up on PSN/Xbox live marketplace yet?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

New password for Caspian Border again???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I'm in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Big Knox wrote: »
    New password for Caspian Border again???

Password : videokilledtheradiostar

It keeps crashing on me which is highly annoying :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

turn off upnp protocols on your router.

had the same issue did this and voila no more crashing (except sometimes at the end of a round on caspian border)

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    turn off upnp protocols on your router.

had the same issue did this and voila no more crashing (except sometimes at the end of a round on caspian border)

Ok done, can definitely see more servers now but have they changed the password again??? Keep getting invalid password every server I try!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

So much fcuking Lag! I'm just waiting for it to be usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

My god this beta sucks!!

Can't change the melee key, For some reason it wont register any input, Highly annoying!!

Also, only being able to edit settings in game is just obscene!!

To be honest, I can't tell much of a difference between this and battlefield 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Game looks and runs fantastic on my rig, but I'm really very annoyed at the fact that I can't replace a lot of the original keys via rebinding them. I've always used the arrow keys for movement and the surrounding keys for everything else and I just can't do that with this game. It's that bad that it's actually just made me not want to play it due to the fact that I'm stuck with the usual WASD setup which I can't get used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

There are issues with key binding, its well known about. Best thing is to ignore and play and enjoy, its only for a few weeks at the end of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

TheFairy wrote: »
    There are issues with key binding, its well known about. Best thing is to ignore and play and enjoy, its only for a few weeks at the end of the day!

It's shocking that they're using the PC as the game's leading platform and they've gotten something this integral to gameplay so horribly wrong. I could rebind everything in Battlefield 2 and I can't do it for 3? Even after everyone moaned about it during the alpha.

It's shocking that they're using the PC as the game's leading platform and they've gotten something this integral to gameplay so horribly wrong. I could rebind everything in Battlefield 2 and I can't do it for 3? Even after everyone moaned about it during the alpha.

The BC2 beta had the same issue I believe and it was fixed by the release?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

PS3 beta is quite bad tbh, so campy and just poor in general.

Won't be buying

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

im on xbox and have to say I wont be buying it . If I had a PC i would in a heart beat .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

To all the noobs this is a BETA, i.e not finished yet, a work in progress.

Over the course of the next few weeks this game is gonna be updated umteen times, fixing glitches and stuff like key binding etc.

Please don't judge on a BETA.

I think DICE deserve the benefit of any doubt given how Battlefield 2 turned out.

Cliff note: If you can't stand stuff breaking then don't play BETA's

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

I just think its way too much like bad company 2 . didn't like that either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

To all the noobs this is a BETA, i.e not finished yet, a work in progress.

Over the course of the next few weeks this game is gonna be updated umteen times, fixing glitches and stuff like key binding etc.

Please don't judge on a BETA.

I think DICE deserve the benefit of any doubt given how Battlefield 2 turned out.

Cliff note: If you can't stand stuff breaking then don't play BETA's

DICE released BF:BC1+2, all their benefit of the doubt has been used.

I must have missed the memo that BC1+2 were meant to be bad games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I must have missed the memo that BC1+2 were meant to be bad games?

they where to me, I hated them

Advertisement