Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

its impossible to get onto caspian on the pc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

dreamers75 wrote: »

Poor d22ontour im supposed to be building his pc this weekend, umm yeah reckon i be busy :D

:(:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

d22ontour wrote: »
    :(:mad::(

yeah umm busy :D
    Thor wrote: »
    So i have played it for over an hour, To be honest, A month away from release date I'm very concerned about this beta.

I did expect bugs, But to be honest I didn't expect there to be basic bugs.

The overall quality of the game is identical to battlefield: bad company 2 and medal of honor see as they both used the same engine.

I really can't see me buying this game when it comes out, Not with Modern warfare 2 coming out two weeks later.

I was expecting something different, Instead I see no difference! What happened to EA saying this was going to be unlike any game seen before.

So much for BF3.

COME ON COD!!

jaysis join a squad stick with your squad, if that simple level of online gaming doesnt get you into playing BF ummm enjoy run shoot die respawn or COD as you call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Really really liking, got slaughtered at the start but once i figured out how to set mouse buttons i was sorted. Still getting used to holding the mouse2 button to keep aim, and i'm finding flicking through weapons\equipment is tricky at times, i've lost count the amount of times i faced a guy armed with medkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Thor wrote: »
    So i have played it for over an hour, To be honest, A month away from release date I'm very concerned about this beta.

I did expect bugs, But to be honest I didn't expect there to be basic bugs.

The overall quality of the game is identical to battlefield: bad company 2 and medal of honor see as they both used the same engine.

I really can't see me buying this game when it comes out, Not with Modern warfare 2 coming out two weeks later.

I was expecting something different, Instead I see no difference! What happened to EA saying this was going to be unlike any game seen before.

So much for BF3.

COME ON COD!!

Parts in bold don't compute.

• Advertisement

Really really liking, got slaughtered at the start but once i figured out how to set mouse buttons i was sorted. Still getting used to holding the mouse2 button to keep aim, and i'm finding flicking through weapons\equipment is tricky at times, i've lost count the amount of times i faced a guy armed with medkit.

Alcohol doesnt work as well with this BF as with others. Its much more focused :D

I threw a bag of bullets at Fairy earlier, then he shot me :( some ****ing thanks that was.

Btw timestamp on almost all of the Beta files is 31/7/2011

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you can change it in options so that the mouse2 aim button is toggle instead of held.

One of the first things I changed

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Alcohol doesnt work as well with this BF as with others. Its much more focused :D

I threw a bag of bullets at Fairy earlier, then he shot me :( some ****ing thanks that was.

That was bullets? I thought it was a bag of empty beer cans. BF3 and beer will mix, well I intend to make it. Get d22's PC built already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

graphics are poor on ps3, ps2 standard imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

right so I have had a good chance to play it tonight. Haven't got onto caspian border but so far hmmmmmm..... there are so many positives! for me I love operation metro. When you get to the underground it just reminds me so much of something like CSS would have as a map layout. Its nice. So happy with the map and layout. Not to mention the graphics which I recon will be touched up before the game launches as there are still a good few graphical bugs.

I also love the feel of the engine. Its smooth. I seriously dont get these people who give out about it being bad company 2. Its very different and I've only played a few hours. Doesn't feel like BC at all for me tbh. Maybe thats just me

For me these are the bugs. The flash light is fairly buggy. Makes my screen look like its flickerin when people are running in a corridor with it on and shows up red at times from a distance which is annoying. Few graphic issues. Few character glitches. Few weapon bugs. When you throw a medpack down I think there is a bug there. its slow but then comes back up and then back to your gun. has to be a bug that

2 things remind me of COD
    You die very easily. The scoring system is maybe too rewarding I seem to unlock something after every round (Maybe its cause Im that good I dont know :rolleyes:)

All in all I love it so far. Wish I could get on caspian border! I can't even find a server running it :o FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Very poor graphics on the 360. Really disappointed considering BC2 looks quite nice.

battser wrote: »

All in all I love it so far. Wish I could get on caspian border! I can't even find a server running it :o FAIL

do this

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/caspian.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Had a lot of mouse problems so far, sometimes when I respawn i can't use m1 to fire, and other times m2 doesn't work for ironsights. Been playing for about 2 hours and its happened quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Playing it on Xbox 360, the graphics are terrible! I've encountered many problems so far, triangle sprites appearing in midair, actions getting stuck, low overall sound, the killcam going underneath the map and much more.

The game feels like Bad Company 2.5, i thought there would have been vast improvements, i hope the final release changes my opinion on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Seeing as how my Xbox account has been suspended for the last month for something I didn't do :rolleyes:, my focus has been on getting the PC version up and running.

Managed to download the beta earlier, updated my graphics drivers and got Battlelog running without too much trouble, got in a few rounds on Metro.

Playing with K+M takes a bit of getting use to after using an Xbox controller for so long. The game looks very good, graphics are very crisp and detailed, the gameplay does have a MOH feel to it (not necessarily a bad thing once vehicles are included later on). The Metro map is a bit too COD-like for me. Don't like the grenade toss too well. Suppression will be a useful tactic once you get a good team together. Jury is still out on the flashlights, could be a cool gimmick.

Long way to go before EA get Battlelog and the servers sorted though. Every Metro map seems to be full right now (all the Yanks are coming online in the evening) and not a hope of getting near Caspian Border unless you get lucky. More servers please EA! Hopefully they might make Caspian Sea accessible to all in a few days, that map should convince some of the doubters hopefully. Got to remember this is only a BETA!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

out of curiosity when was it announced that the choppers would fly like bf2 was it before or after 31/7/2011 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

jesus its hard to get into a caspian border map!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

jesus its hard to get into a caspian border map!

Ctrl+v Enter spamming the password is the only way to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,198 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really hope they get rid of those lights on guns crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shows up red at times from a distance which is annoying.

this is prob the laser unlock..from a distance it can dazzle players apparently (from the laser unlock description)

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    this is prob the laser unlock..from a distance it can dazzle players apparently (from the laser unlock description)

Like to see the back of that too but that's not the one im talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Headshot wrote: »
    I really hope they get rid of those lights on guns crap

hell no!

I think the reflections/lights dynamic to be pretty damn awesome from a gameplay perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Burgo wrote: »
    Had a lot of mouse problems so far, sometimes when I respawn i can't use m1 to fire, and other times m2 doesn't work for ironsights. Been playing for about 2 hours and its happened quite a lot.

Yeah got the m2 thing a good view times had to flick to handgun to get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

no use in complaining on a beta its stupid finished game will be fine. some of the posting here is hurting my eyes with the amount of moaning and ****etealk about a beta...
    game is very good ignore the moaning michaels.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

Would prefer if prone was taken out tbh, Ran around too many corners to find some guy lying in a doorway

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    graphics are poor on ps3, ps2 standard imo

lol what, theres a ton of glitches alright but ps2 standard? come on

anyone have the password?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

already a type of glitch, a guy was prone half in the floor of the map flyin around with a shotgun...

• Advertisement

They need to improve the hit detection on the head alot

Advertisement