Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Thor wrote: »
    What do you mean, Also I obviously meant modern warfare 3.

I know you did, and that's why it didn't compute. You're complaining about the Battlefield series offering nothing new and staying stale but you'll lap up whatever gick Activision release year on year; minimal changes to gameplay, the game's engine itself, weapons, sounds, character models or animations.

I'm sorry but saying "C'MON COD!" after complaining about being sick of the same thing time and time again is... well, that's a pretty cool story bro.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Battlelog is great. There, I said it.

But we still need configurable options outside of the damn server.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Is there any way to mute people on the PS3 ??? ITS ****ING ANOYING AS HELL !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I have started a Boards.ie Platoon lads.

Anyone who wants in, add me in battlelog (dublingunner) and send app to join the platoon.

Oh, and everyone if possible become a 'fan' of the Boards.ie platoon. The more fans we get, we may get a chance for 2 of us to win a nice new HD6970 smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Battlelog is great. There, I said it.

But we still need configurable options outside of the damn server.

Agreed....and double/triple/quadruple agreed on the options, no fun standing around in spawn switching over to inverted mouselook. Thank god the graphics settings were fine and didnt need to fiddle with them :D

Also hate how saving new options causes my game to revert to windowed mode, is there an option to enable constant windowed mode everytime the game starts?

Overall feeling from the beta is good, gunplay is nice, like how Support is now just a walking pile of ammo and explosives since I always found myself in prime C4 areas in previous BF games while not playing as a Recon, runs a lot smoother than was thinking it would (just gotta wait and see how much Caspian sized maps destroy my processor :rolleyes: ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

fair hard to get into a game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Being blinded by team mates with the tac light is so frustrating, i mean why are you looking at me in the first place! Theres bad guys to shoot!

Burgo wrote: »
    Being blinded by team mates with the tac light is so frustrating, i mean why are you looking at me in the first place! Theres bad guys to shoot!

And they give your position away too

Those lights should be gone from the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Absolutely love it on the PC. Have everything set at Ultra and it looks and runs amazing!!

Both maps are great, metro is just excellent map design while caspean border is beyond epic in scale!! Loving the gun play, feels very smooth and the right amount of bullets too drop someone. Can't wait for the actual release!

Also lol at people who think a BETA will be a clear reflection on the final product. It will be polished up with all major bugs sorted, trust me!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

NOTICE Be advised: Game launching is currently disabled due to restart of the Battlefield 3 PC back-end.

What's goin on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

darkman2 wrote: »
    What's goin on?

Game launching is currently disabled due to restart of the Battlefield 3 PC back-end

**** off

Every server is full :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Headshot wrote: »
    And they give your position away too

Those lights should be gone from the game

Anyone who doesn't have the good sense to turn them off, deserves the RPG based reward they receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Spear wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't have the good sense to turn them off, deserves the RPG based reward they receive.

I found those lights plain stupid, but in very close combat they really flash your eyes and I camt see feck all.

Most interesting use of them: sniper/ish in bushes with that thing on... All I want to do is /facepalm...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I found those lights plain stupid, but in very close combat they really flash your eyes and I camt see feck all.

Most interesting use of them: sniper/ish in bushes with that thing on... All I want to do is /facepalm...

That may be the sniper scope glint you're seeing, rather than a torch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I don't like it :(

None of the weapons feel like you're firing something or hitting a solid target.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think it's an awful choice of map if they want to show off the best bits of Battlefield. It's too small, feels claustrophobic and those stations are far too easy to defend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Trust me, Caspian is a completely different thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

is there still any caspian servers open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    is there still any caspian servers open?

All gone for me :(

• Advertisement

All been shut down now. I guess we won't see anything like it again until retail release

• Registered Users Posts: 26,357 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Played again tonight.

Feels like a crapper version of BC2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

- Snipers are too light, feel crap
    - Flashlight is the most stupid and unrealistic thing I've probably ever seen in a modern day shooter. How am I blinded by a flashlight in broad daylight from 6 feet away?
    -Need to show ping in the Score menu
    -So many spots to look under-through map
    -Web interface is ridiculous

Im hoping I'm not gonna be dissappointed again, waiting so long for this.

Although, rush was never really the thing with BF2, actually it wasn't in it.
    We need to see how a conquest map goes, 32 or 48 man (64 was always a bit OTT for me) , where the vehicles etc come into play.
    Hopefully you will be able to create a local server too, so as to practice choppers and jets, as the whoring in the first month will be unbearable

My biggest hope is that the choppers are more akin to BF2, and not BF:BC2, had me 200hours in BF2 in just choppers, but couldn't stand BC2s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

MW3 killer it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

well im was gonna swap over from COD this year i own COD4 WAW MW2 & BLOPS. so im a cod fan. but im REALLY sick and fed up of their series, same stuff every game, throw a few new guns with new maps and boom.,.. brand new game. its like EA sports series, just alter a few bits and market it as the next new thing and bingo you got (the same game) again just updated.
    if i want to play MW3 ill go stick in blops or mw2 or any of them as i KNOW it will be the exact same game i wont be missing anything.

but after playing BETA im unsure, it has both good points and bad points, as so many have already pointed out already. flashlight is stupid, so many glitchy under the map areas. sometimes when i try to sprint it wont, i have to swap to handgun then back to main gun before i can sprint.
    you cant cook grenades and also they light up like a beacon broight white when thrown and take ages to explode.
    knife melee is slow compared to COD.

i do like the way the classes are set up, i love some of the attachments like the nightvision scope is way better than the cod & the boipod attachment also. i know its beta so its not finished game but it has alot of work to be done to fix it.
    disappointed overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    MW3 killer it is not.

I don't understand how you could be disappointed with BF3 if you are a COD fan. They seem to have made compromises in order to accommodate the COD crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's a beta lads not a demo, judge it when it comes out and take it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Will read in more detail later

What I would say is I'm enjoying it immensely so far and can see many many a month spent on this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's a beta lads not a demo, judge it when it comes out and take it from there
    I doubt they would release a beta if they were not quite happy with it for the most part.
    From a commercial point of view it's not great sense.
    I've been turned off it now after looking forward to it for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The Metro map feels like MOH,COD 4 [not the recent ****e] and BC2 mixed together which is great but doesnt quite feel like the grand scale of BF2.
    Caspian Border map on the other hand feels like BF2 but very shiney thus making it what i expected from BF3,heres hoping theres more similar maps plus the old BF2 classics remade with the expansion will be worth the entrance fee alone.
    BattleLog web interface is awesome, beats ingame browsing any day of the week.

Advertisement