Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Metro Conquest will be an epic map I think. Three flags in a row, confined spaces, should make for some great battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I love the 2nd part of the metro map. I love tight small maps and its suits me down to the ground tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Games awesome, only got to play Operation Metro, really enjoying it.
    Game feels very Call Of Duty -ish, which is cool since i think the map is meant to portray it, so CoD fans will be pretty happy with this game. Watched a ton of Caspian Border games, and that looks mental on the pc.

Totalbiscuit did a great run through it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I'm really loving the beta..

Bar the bugs (kept falling through the ground around the A M-com station on first pair)

Think its great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

It wasn't really what I thought it would be. On consoles, DICE were making it sound like BF3 was gonna suck, but really it's still kickass. What I don't like about it is in Operation Metro, the place is loaded with campers hiding in bushes. And then when he kills you, you just watch the camera zoom up on the camper crawling in the bushes, it's kind've annoying. Of course, there will be campers in ever fps. Shame the consoles didn't get Caspian Border, I was looking forward to driving a vehicle..

Also there's a lot of places people can get under the map and get the upper hand. Sometimes it won't let me sprint and I feel I have to go prone/swap weapons to be allowed to run again. The flashlight attachment is cheap as ****. At the start If I'm an attacker I move over to the lake and swim straight across the map, use bushes for cover and kill the spawning defenders,heh. It takes WAY too long to melee, I mean first it takes a second to actually bring out the knife because the soldier just slashes, and then you have to slash again to kill the person. Way too slow, although it's very satisfying when you get a knife kill.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Why they chose metro for the beta which effectively a demo is beyong me, ok map but doesnt come close to showing what the game is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

personally I find metro a very good map, but I agree to use it to show off the games potential was a terrible idea especially with maps on the scale of Caspian border. Overall though im loving this game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Any pits (explosive holes) , I think made by nades and rpgs in the ground (not sure), but there's a lot by default on the park of Metro....well...if you crawl and lie in them, you can see through the map and shoot aswell...it's pretty gay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

whats all the talk about caspien border? i can only play 1 map on ps3 beta!! the one with the metro underground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

its great i was a bit iffy at first because i felt it was to much like CoD but i was half thinking maybe they put this map out to try and pull in some of the CoD crowd which is a good idea. Overall im enjoying it but i would have liked to try a more bf or bf:bc style map this seems a bit small and has a lot of camping spots but its still enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Nodferatu wrote: »
    whats all the talk about caspien border? i can only play 1 map on ps3 beta!! the one with the metro underground

they were testing the caspian border map on the pc beta but it was locked but then dice started leaking the passwords into the battlelog forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

It's getting more glitchy if anything - played a few rounds there where half of my team were underneath the map, got some cheap kills for which I feel a bit guilty. I though they had fixed this by removing terrain damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's to be expected but hardly anyone is highlighting enemies for the team. It's not at all obvious for anyone who hasn't played Battlefield before but they really should have included a hint on the load screen such as "press start when targeting enemies to show their position to your team"

Only tend to fall through the map in the park on metro..

Biggest issue I've had thus far is some players became invisible..

Every time this invisible chap killed me instead of showing where he was, it showed a dead body back in the park part, back at the start of the map, even thou we were advanced well into the subway at this point.. only thing that moved was the gun :rolleyes:

was well crazy, his K/D was like 31-2! once he eventually got killed or suicide 31-3 his deaths starting coming thick and fast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Conquest has me sold, altho Russians are rightly ****ed on Metro.

They need to rejig the flags and spawnpoint.

And if i select Single shot i want it to stay single shot until otherwise, pain in the ass turning it on everytime you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ....And if i select Single shot i want it to stay single shot until otherwise, pain in the ass turning it on everytime you die.

Was it like that in BF2 as well? BF2 single shot selection was way better. Just hit 1 again for single, hit it again for burst, not v! Useful if you have spider fingers I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

That recon spawn beacon is a great idea, can reek havoc with it, placed one in the far left tunnel the one the russians can't get back into and kept spawning there, major mayhem with it. Nobody seems to have coped onto camping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

That recon spawn beacon is a great idea, can reek havoc with it, placed one in the far left tunnel the one the russians can't get back into and kept spawning there, major mayhem with it. Nobody seems to have coped onto camping it.

Ive seen this been utilized a few times, ive took out a few squads with it :)
    Your squad spawns on you and revives when you die...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Had people camping spawn beacon in the last match, pity you cant get an image of the area round it when you choose to spawn, like when you spawn off a squadmate.

Saw 2 odd graphics bugs (1 funny, other a pain). Team-mates neck extended out by around 2 feet as he crawled, looked monstrous :confused: . Other was an enemy, rounded a rock and gunned down his 2 friends while I thought a team-mate downed the third, since he fell over face-up. Cue to 2 seconds later when he shoots me with his hovering pistol over his dead body at 23% health :mad:

Also, whats with the rumours of a conquest version of Metro? True or some form of a hacked map server? I like the map, especially the tunnel fighting in the subway itself so a conquest version with some vehicles aboveground would be great.

• Advertisement

It's to be expected but hardly anyone is highlighting enemies for the team. It's not at all obvious for anyone who hasn't played Battlefield before but they really should have included a hint on the load screen such as "press select when targeting enemies to show their position to your team"

Fixed for you (for PS3 anyway, dunno bout xbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Conquest is using the hacked server files, EA may ban your account for playing on them even tho quick match brings you to them.

Sucks balls for the russians on Conquest Metro, have yet to win a round and garner more than one flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

LET ME PLAY CASPIAN BORDER DICE FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 54,199 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv unlocked all the guns in the support class

Thought they would be better

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Conquest is using the hacked server files, EA may ban your account for playing on them even tho quick match brings you to them.

Sucks balls for the russians on Conquest Metro, have yet to win a round and garner more than one flag.

Thats bullsh*te, they will not ban your account. How are they gonna know you played on a hacked server?

I have never head of EA accounts being banned, they're not as restrictive as steam (vac) which actually can pick up stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

jackoire wrote: »
    Thats bullsh*te, they will not ban your account. How are they gonna know you played on a hacked server?

I have never head of EA accounts being banned, they're not as restrictive as steam (vac) which actually can pick up stuff like that.

You can view your past games on battlelog so they must have a database with it somewhere. That said I don't think they'd do this nor would it really matter because you can just create another free Origin account and continue playing the beta.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Plus I'm sure they actually want us to buy it.....first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

You can view your past games on battlelog so they must have a database with it somewhere. That said I don't think they'd do this nor would it really matter because you can just create another free Origin account and continue playing the beta.

they also stated that if they ban you, you will lose access to all other games currently on your origin account.

thats assuming most people are playing the open beta on their main origin account, which may have bf2 / 2142 or crisis or anything like that on it.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    they also stated that if they ban you, you will lose access to all other games currently on your origin account.

thats assuming most people are playing the open beta on their main origin account, which may have bf2 / 2142 or crisis or anything like that on it.

Where did they state this, i want to give them abuse for such stupid statements. If you click quick match you can join any server. Also steam only ban the game in question not your whole account, i don't think EA would be stupid enough to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

jackoire wrote: »
    Where did they state this, i want to give them abuse for such stupid statements. If you click quick match you can join any server. Also steam only ban the game in question not your whole account, i don't think EA would be stupid enough to do so.

http://deltagamer.com/17492/battlefield-3-beta-servers-hacked

Not really saying they'd ban people for playing on the server. But warning if the hacking goes too far it could be a consequence.

Advertisement