If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tv, few questions

Options
  • 28-09-2011 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Thinking of getting this LG (I'd welcome alternatives in this spec range:), their's so many Models now it's hard to wittle them down.)

Is this good for Saorview? Mpeg4 and MHeg5 tuners included. Can you tell me the response time? I can't find it on the LG site even:confused:.

It's €660ish (kicking my budget in the balls at that:() delivered or is their still a Boardie Discount?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

I feel that you have picked a very nice model that has great picture, good sound and excellent features.

This model is good for Saorview and is one that is listed on the Saorview site.

http://www.saorview.ie/products-retailers/saorview-approved-product-listings/lg/

I have checked with LG and they don't have the response time listed on their specifications but the nice lady in LG confirmed my suspicisions and that the response time is 2.4ms, same as the 37" model.

If this is the sort of model that you were thinking of, then I wouldn't actually recommend that you dropped into a lower model as this TV is brilliant value.

€669 would be the best that I can do licluding delivery.

If you want to drop down, I can certainly recommend other models, but you have picked a very nice TV that hopefully won't break the bank.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 whats this for?

Awww:mad::(, I knew it was to good to be true.....
    At the heart of the LG 42LV550T is an impressive LED screen. Backlit LED TVs produce a shaper, more detailed picture with greatly enhanced contrast. Take a look at the plasma-equalling contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1
    ...the description on your site is....not wrong but it is misleading, it's Edgelit with local dimming not true backlit.

Christ, LG don't even have that on their site:confused:.

Was reading over reviews before I pulled the trigger on this and this one (Good Site) has response time at....
    A number of LG TVs this year have suffered quite excessively with input lag, making them unsuitable as gaming monitors. But the 42LV550T doesn't fare too badly, averaging 30ms over the course of 20 separate tests.
    The lag actually shifted between a common level of 40ms and an occasional 6ms, but even the occasional 40ms maximum figure should only have a very minor impact on your gaming performance.
    ...that's way to high for gaming:mad:. And very bad review on blacks in a dark room. Edit: Not aimed at you guys, LG are being sneaky with the omissions here.

That's Samsung, Philips and LG ruled out now, Can you recommend a good TV from Panasonic or Toshiba or another brand? With around 40 inch,Saorview, 100Hz!

Doesn't have to have savage spec, don't care about 3D or USB playback or even Backlit (though these are better), I'm just after brilliant picture and reliability.

Like my 12 year old CRT...:rolleyes:

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Awww:mad::(, I knew it was to good to be true.....
    ...the description on your site is....not wrong but it is misleading, it's Edgelit with local dimming not true backlit.

Christ, LG don't even have that on their site:confused:.

Was reading over reviews before I pulled the trigger on this and this one (Good Site) has response time at....
    ...that's way to high for gaming:mad:. And very bad review on blacks in a dark room. Edit: Not aimed at you guys, LG are being sneaky with the omissions here.

That's Samsung, Philips and LG ruled out now, Can you recommend a good TV from Panasonic or Toshiba or another brand? With around 40 inch,Saorview, 100Hz!

Doesn't have to have savage spec, don't care about 3D or USB playback or even Backlit (though these are better), I'm just after brilliant picture and reliability.

Like my 12 year old CRT...:rolleyes:

Whats,

The problem is that fewer and fewer manufacturers are actually publising response times any more!

On the Panasonic and Toshiba front - the Tosh models we stock are mainly at the lower end of the range and with regards to Panasonic and Saorview - at present there are none of them currently Saorview certified.

If there are any other models online on the site you are interested in - drop me a line and I'll do my best Boardie pencil sharpening exercise for you..:D

Keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.