Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** tactical defending

Options
  • 28-09-2011 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Most clunky and broken piece of **** ever. Yeah mark that guy while he breaks away from you so easily and goes by 3 defenders.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

yea its a bit bollocks, curious to see how it pans out in multiplayer although i do think the previous system was pretty retarded too! bring back slide tackle and soft tackle feck all this jockey nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

It takes a good bit of getting used to alright but im slowly but surly getting there on the demo.
    See if anything is different when I get the full game. You will just have to stick it out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i hate it ive changed back to legacy defending...my way of defending is to sometimes press O for 1 player to pressure the man iwth the ball and use the player im controlling to mark or run with the player the opponent is gona hit it to

i know people said that there is no legacy defending online but surely they must have an option for it in friend v friend games?..if so then ill be giving online a miss :\

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

"People against change SHOCKER!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

bring back slide tackle and soft tackle feck all this jockey nonsense

A jaysus, the good old days! I remember them well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

"People against change SHOCKER!!!!!"

why fix whats not broke??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

Because it was broken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

But it was broke :confused:

People playing as chelsea for example could just hold B down constantly and it was incredibly hard to get time on the ball since defenders were on your back constantly. There was no skill involved.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Because it was broken.

First ive heard of it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

First ive heard of it:rolleyes:

You obviously haven't been listening very hard.

The new system is much more rewarding and fair than the old system!

• Advertisement

FYG wrote: »
    You obviously haven't been listening very hard.

The new system is much more rewarding and fair than the old system!

Ive been playing the game for 2/3 years now and ive never heard of anyone complain about the defending, im not a regular on here /fifa nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Ive been playing the game for 2/3 years now and ive never heard of anyone complain about the defending, im not a regular on here /fifa nerd

Nobody really complains... because it is way too easy to defend and most people like it that way.

The new system requires skill...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm liking the new system. The issue is when the ball hits a player and seems to stun them (this has happened in previous versions). Still not enough urgency after slide tackles: players don't rush to their feet to either chase a missed tackle or claim the ball that they won.

🤪

Getting used to it more now, its not too bad I suppose. What im doing is pressing X to get the player close then pressing square(my button setup for standing tackle) at the right time, I dont use the jockey button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Titanium Codpiece

I have to say at first I hated it.... lots of losing online. But I've got the hang of it now and its actually quite good, and I am winning most games in this division now.

Just don't tap B like a mad man or you take your guy out of the game. Just wait and contain and only very rarely go in if your sure you will get the ball.

Its allot more authentic and once you get the hang of it you will prefer it over torpedo heat seeking legacy defending (which will leave you open too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm really disliking it. I just can't stop leaking goals. People who on the first days of FIFA 11 I'd be beating 5-0 are beating me 5-4 and similar scores. I think it's just bad AI. Your players don't move to the ball unless you are controlling them and there's no feeling of any sort of connection from your player to the ball which means you have to be very precise to to avoid mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Changed the defending back to the previous game -

Overall a very very good game -

as Liam said the defenders AI is so stupid sometimes - I'm not sure whether it was just an arsenal thing but I watched Alex Song just look at somebody 3 foot in front of him while I had to control a defender to close him down 10 yards past the half way line -

Also love the online team play - basically just 5-6 players on your own team running towards the ball and vice versa hilerious :P

I have a feeling I'm going to buy PES though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just realised playing there that all defending(inc. crosses) is just like the crossing defence that they had to patch when the game came out last year. Nothing at all tying you to the player so if you are already pressing a direction when you switch players then yours will just run away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Futbolero

lol I am also getting better at it.
    I am playing on Professional and mainly depending strictly on formation rather than chasing attackers and spamming the tackle button. I just pressure the AI into making a wrong pass or a sidekick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

could be the year when pes takes the crown back, fifa 12 is good but there's too many flaws and glitches in it.

im going to give pes a try and compare it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

here's a very good tutorial for anyone struggling with tactical defending in Fifa 12...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talBIzfcvIA

mcgooch wrote: »
    here's a very good tutorial for anyone struggling with tactical defending in Fifa 12...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talBIzfcvIA

when he says the contain button does he mean jockey?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

no - contain is mapped to the X button by default on PS3 and the A button on 360. Jockey is mapped to L2 on PS3 and LT on 360

Advertisement