Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modric contract

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

mickman wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2042618/Spurs-offer-Luka-Modric-100k-week-deal-smash-wage-structure-White-Hart-Lane.html

are we eventually about to make the move into being a big club?

i would believe this story as we seem to have moved away from having lots and lots of players on 30-50k a week and now some players on huge money (modric if he signs, adebayour etc) and then younger players coming through. thats the best way to build a foot ball club - not having 10 central midfielders all on 40k a week

His current wage is £65 700.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It had to be done. As much as i don't like it, the only way to keep and attract big name players is to give them crazy amounts of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Kiith wrote: »
    It had to be done. As much as i don't like it, the only way to keep and attract big name players is to give them crazy amounts of money and European football

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Kiith wrote: »
    It had to be done. As much as i don't like it, the only way to keep and attract big name players is to give them crazy amounts of money.

Agree dont like it either but to compete and keep the players we want has to be done. Problem is we need increased revenue to balance the books and with no CL this year and no new ground additional marketing opps need to be found. The windfall from CL last year will fund this short term but paying those wages we need to get back in again next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

It's entirely necessary. If we want Modric to stay, we pay him. My understanding is that Pienaar is on similar wages. We keep our best players, and we pay them well. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Pay the man...

Advertisement