Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend electrician

Options
  • 28-09-2011 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,
    I hope this is in the right place. I recently purchased a new oven and messed up on the removal of old one/installation of new one.

Would anyone be able to recommend someone who can disconnect my old oven and wire in the new one. The new one will also need to be raised up on a shelf as it is smaller than the old one.

I've been trying to contact a few electricians via homewise.ie but the replies I'm getting are only for the wiring work and would need someone else for the shelving.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I can PM you an electrician alright.

But the shelf work you may need a builder or a chippy, or even do it yourself. Is it not a simple matter of a thick piece of wood and slide it under the cooker?

Unfortunately the days or most tradesman doing more than his chosen trade are gone, well unless you want one to have a go at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I recommended one to the mod for this d15 section a few months ago.

if that mod see's this, maybe he could recommend this fella i know?

ZAPH is the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 burtisgood

thanks for the reply lads, I'd appreciate the contact. I will look at the shelving tonight and see if I can do it myself.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I recommended one to the mod for this d15 section a few months ago.

if that mod see's this, maybe he could recommend this fella i know?

ZAPH is the mod.

The guy chucknorris recommended to me is Dave Finlay, and his number is 086 305 1225. I was very pleased with the job he did (new fuse board, replaced the shower and fitted a new security light). He came when he said he would, did a very neat and tidy job and cleaned up after himself and his prices were very fair. Which reminds me, I need to give him a call myself to get something else looked at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Zaph wrote: »
    The guy chucknorris recommended to me is Dave Finlay, and his number is 086 305 1225. I was very pleased with the job he did (new fuse board, replaced the shower and fitted a new security light). He came when he said he would, did a very neat and tidy job and cleaned up after himself and his prices were very fair. Which reminds me, I need to give him a call myself to get something else looked at.

mattb74 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I need an Electrician to fit two security lights to my house in D15 (Clonsilla). Could anybody recommend somebody to me who is good, reliable and won't charge me the earth please?!

Thanks

Don't think it could be more obvious :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

athtrasna wrote: »
    Zaph wrote: »

mattb74 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I need an Electrician to fit two security lights to my house in D15 (Clonsilla). Could anybody recommend somebody to me who is good, reliable and won't charge me the earth please?!

Thanks

Don't think it could be more obvious :confused:
    Apologies! No idea what happened there.

Advertisement