Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FNAC / DHL (HP Touchpad fiasco!!)

Options
  • 28-09-2011 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I ordered the 16GB Hp Touchpad on Aug 22nd only to later find out FNAC had none available. The good news was that FNAC got in touch to offer me the 32GB Touchpad which I took them up on.

They shipped the Touchpad to me on Thursday 15th September and provided me with a tracking number for DHL.

The item made it's way as far as London Gatwicks Sort Facility on Saturday 17th September where it appears to have dis-appeared!!

I contacted DHL to ask what was going on and was given some spiel about a shipment from FNAC not being labeled correctly and the shipment POSSIBLY has been returned to sender. POSSIBLY!!

They asked me to contact FNAC to ask for a replacement or refund.

I contacted FNAC on Monday but have yet to receive a reply.

Here is a copy of the DHL email I received on Monday:

Can I ask you to kindly contact sender to order a replacement or a refund for above shipment please?

The shipper has also been contacted by DHL France and is aware of this issue. There was a problem with manifesting and labels from their side on several deliveries into customers in Ireland.

The shipment can not be located within DHL network and was possibly returned to the shipper due to incomplete details on the label.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience caused.

I know the huge Touchpad thread was closed in the Bargain Alerts section but I'm wondering if anyone elses order from FNAC actually made it to Ireland or mysteriously dis-appeared at a DHL facility.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

FNAC are the supplier of the goods, and they have the contract with DHL.

So I would focus on contacting FNAC and getting them to resolve matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

E-mailed FNAC on Monday and still waiting on a response.
    Imagine only getting a refund after all this grief trying to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

Same deal for me..Got a call today. Fingers crossed it's just an admin issue.

You got a call from FNAC or DHL?

What was the deal with yours?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My work address was plastered all over the box with tiny sticker with my home address for billing in corner, guess w
    whose they delivered to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

Phone call; got the same story you got so must of being on the same crate. Feel better knowing its a crate that's misplaced rather than just my package on its own. More likely to turn up I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hanzer

Same situation here. I rang FNAC last week and after about 30 mins got through to someone with decent enough English and explained my problem. He said he was going to contact DHL and see if he could locate my order (I never received a tracking number) and that it would take up to 10 days to get a reply.
    I emailed the same guy this morning but haven't heard anything back.

I think I just want a refund at this stage. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Same situation. Package got stuck in UK. DHL tod me FNAC doesn't know how to put on labels with correct shipping information. Called/emailed several times. Now over 2 weeks later my french friend called them and they said that package is back in warehouse but can't be reshipped outside of France because its not regarded 'New' anymore or some B.S.

On a happy note I may actually get my money back but considering FNAC has the absolute worst customer service ever and I am really not sure how they never went bankrupt I will probably have to get a lawyer to get my money after all.

No mentioning of at least getting a voucher or anything just a nice little 'Scre.. you' foreign customer.

Just got of the phone with FNAC. My case is currently under review and when finished I should have the option of having the item reshipped or refunded.

Sorry for the double post but I got this from FNAC:
    Dear Customer,

I refer, in this mail, the return of your device: HP TouchPad

To enable support, thank you state the reason for return. Subject to the timeliness of return and warranty conditions, our services will proceed as appropriate compensation, repair or exchange.

Looking forward to your response, please accept the expression of my feelings best.

The Service Center Fnac.com
    Original
    Cher client,

Je fais suite, par le présent mail, au retour de votre appareil : HP TouchPad

Afin d’en permettre la prise en charge, merci de nous indiquer le motif de ce retour. Sous réserve du respect des délais de retour et des conditions de la garanties, nos services procéderons selon le cas à l’indemnisation, la réparation ou l’échange.

Dans l'attente de votre réponse, je vous prie d'agréer l'expression de mes sentiments les meilleurs.

Le Service Après-Vente Fnac.com

I responded asking for a refund. Not taking any chances.

• Advertisement

Hey Hanzer. I've not heard anything for over 10 days. I guess I'll get the same e-mail as you in time.

By the way I can't make out what they're saying in that e-mail you received.

Google translate is pony. :D

Like I said, I rang them and then the email showed up pretty quickly after that so you might want to ring them again.

Yeah the translation is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Just checked my CC company. No refund. So I think what they do is not to send out the parcels again, at least not outside France but keeping your money until you cancel which is your only choice anyways unless u know someone in France that then forwards the package to u.

As I said worst company I ever dealt with.

Got this today :D

Mr. Hanzer :p,

We have recorded the return of your order.
    Pursuant to your request and the general conditions of sale of Fnac.com, we proceed to refund (s) item (s) next (s):
    Title Quantity Price (EUR)
    HP TouchPad 9.7 "Touch 32 GB WiFi - 128.95 a
    Shipping to: 13 EUR
    Total environmental tax: 0.05 euros
    Total credit: 142 EUR

This refund will be made within three days per credit card or alternatively by sending a check.

Thank you for choosing Fnac.com and hope to satisfy you fully on your next order.
    Sincerely,

Blandine Martins
    Customer Service Fnac.com

*UPDATE*

Finally today, after 2 1/2 months I've received a full refund from this shower FNAC.

If you recall my HP touchpad was lost by DHL in their Gatwick facility.

After about 10 emails back and forth to FNAC they agreed to refund me last week but needed me to write a letter stating I didn't take delivery of my item and they also wanted a copy of my ID / Passport!! Wtf!!

I wrote the letter and told them for about the 10th time to go ahead and track my parcel on DHL to see it sitting in the Gatwick Facility.

Anyway, took payment today but my god what a nitemare from start to finish. Never again will I even look at FNAC website and I went off the idea of having a touchpad at all now after this fiasco. Think I'll save up for an iPad.

Case closed.

Advertisement