Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin Breakfast

Options
  • 28-09-2011 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

I've a group of friends flying into Dublin Airport and we're going to the Butlers chocolate factory tour at 11.00 in Clonshaugh Ind Estate. Question is, we want to go somewhere for brekkie beforehand but where between the airport and Clonshaugh (or that rough area) is any good?

Any thoughts welcome - I've racked my brains!

ta - S :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

little out of the way but the chuck wagon does good food

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's the Gourmet Food Parlour in Swords, also the Cottage Coffee Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Take a detour to Swords Village. Millers. At the bottom of the village opposite the Fingal CoCo building! Wicked breakfast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Skip the Butlers factory tour and go to the chuck wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Try Bewleys Hotel just off the N32.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

And what's wrong with Chocolate for breakfast :eek:!!

Don't have a big breakfast you'll need to leave room for all the chocolate :p

If you're tight for time - there's a Butler's Coffee Shop in the place and they do paninis, pastries etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought this was going to be a thread for a boards meet up.
    :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

SeaSide wrote: »
    Skip the Butlers factory tour and go to the chuck wagon

I wish I could hit the thanks button several times !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Whats all this hype about the Chuck wagon. I preumed they only made up rolls and not proper breakfasts. Also its a bit out of the way for the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

You can get fried salmonella in coolock its gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

billyhead wrote: »
    Whats all this hype about the Chuck wagon.
    One of our "Top 25" threads, in terms of views;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Whats all this hype about the Chuck wagon. I preumed they only made up rolls and not proper breakfasts. Also its a bit out of the way for the OP
    But soooo worth the trip! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Their is a place in artane shopping centre which isnt to far. I think its called O'sullivans on the left hand side as you go in. Food was nice last time I was in there, and plenty of free parking.

I preumed they only made up rolls and not proper breakfasts.

Haven't been there in a long time so im not sure if they still do it, but they used to do a full breakfast on a proper plate with a mug of tea. Often see drivers having it in the cab of a truck, then just get out and hand back the plate. Most people seem to go for the soda.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

But soooo worth the trip! :D

Trying to get to it is the hard part when you're still wasted from the night before ! He should do a delivery service...

mmmmmmmm

Hungry

Davy wrote: »
    Their is a place in artane shopping centre which isnt to far. I think its called O'sullivans on the left hand side as you go in. Food was nice last time I was in there, and plenty of free parking.

There's one of those upstairs in Northside Shopping Centre aswell & Northside is even closer.

So OP have you had your Breakfast and Tour yet?

Advertisement