Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TEC 2G Vs. Viper Air

• 28-09-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭

Im comparing both of these computers as they seem to be fairly evenly matched except for price with the vyper air being almost twice the price in some shops. Does anybody have any opinions on them. Im looking for a computer that will allow me to do air>>nitrox gas change for decompression reasons ( or indeed best mix reason etc. ) Both comps will do this. AFAIK both computers will handle EAN from 22% - 100% and allow a change while submerged. Im not really into gas integration transmitters so that feature of the vyper air doesn't interest me.

Anybody have any experience with either or both of these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Sorry, can't really answer you question, but the above does make me wonder:
    Why would a company making a computer that can do the above call it the "Vyper AIR"?
    Surely the 'Air' bit would imply at first glance that it cannot be uses for Nitrox mixes, wouldn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 paul o

cant help either i am afraid but can i suggest that you post the question on www.yorkshire-divers.com

its a very active board with a lot of very experienced tech divers that should have the answer your looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

Cheers guys. I'll look there. You are right though, calling it a "Vyper air" when it is capable of using 2 seperate gas mixes and nitrox up to 100% is a little misleading I suppose, whereas the "TEC 2g" does exactly what it says on the tin....I hope, will find out soon.

Advertisement