Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to sell a house in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

Looks like a crack house. Give me 5 grand and I will take it off your hands.

I don't think humour was your intention, but god that made me laugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jimstir

Hiya, Just wondering if you sold your house and if you used an auctioneer or just DAFT.IE privately?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sorry to say this, but that house is overpriced at 60k.

I doubt I would even give an offer of 30k on it.

Op, there is no property ladder anymore. If someone buys a house these days, they buy to live and stay in it for a looooong time. The property you selling ( please no offence ) is a **** hole. Overpriced at that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

At least put up some floor plans (that'll take you a few minutes on a computer, easily done). For preference also photos of the empty rooms and some of the garden (so we know if there's room to extend).

Even properties in need of renovation need a decent brochure to sell them, that way we know how much work needs doing and what kind of potential the property has.

For my own part, I'd prefer a house that hasn't been modernized or decorated too much as it's rarely to my taste. But I wouldn't even bother visiting a house that had no photos up, or at least a floor plan, because I would assume that it was worse than it probably is.

Bite the bullet, warts and all photos, mate.

Advertisement