Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Deedsie wrote: »
    I know we already have a poll, but it doesn't have all the official candidates options we would want. It is the biggest field to ever contest a presidential election! Hopefully it will be an interesting, enjoyable campaign where the best man or woman wins!

So now that we know the seven candidates, who do you intend to vote for on Thursday October 27th, 2011?

Whatever I said on the other thread, copy, paste here.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Norris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Where's the undecided or anyone but Norris option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

50/50 at the moment between no-one and Norris:)

close the poll,we dont need a president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

An "Anyone but McGuinness" option would be nice for the 'West Brits' amongst us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

COYW wrote: »
    An "Anyone but McGuinness" option would be nice for the West Brits amongst us.

Apparently he is running as an independent!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

COYW wrote: »
    Martin McGuinness is SF surely? An "Anyone but McGuinness" option would be nice for the West Brits amongst us.

Likewise, a 'Provisional IRA Martin McGuinness circa 1970' option would be nice for the RA heads amongst us.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As voting for real doesn't mean you have to name your candidate publicly, this poll will offer the same freedom.
    Poll is no longer public.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Definately not McGuinness - I respect the few friends I have in the army too much to make them salute and parade for that man, to get their honours from him and act as his retinue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've said Norris but I wouldn't rule out a last minute change of heart in Michael.D's favour. I'll wait and see how the campaign goes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I voted but...what does "Raméis" mean? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not Norris anyway, more and more he's giving me the creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

biko wrote: »
    As voting for real doesn't mean you have to name your candidate publicly, this poll will offer the same freedom.
    Poll is no longer public.

Thanks Biko, I should never have made it public. Stupid thing to do, can you add a undecided option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Norris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Malari wrote: »
    I voted but...what does "Raméis" mean? :confused:

I think he is the new Chelsea midfielder if I am not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think he is the new Chelsea midfielder if I am not mistaken.

Ah, a Google search came up with some sort of motorcycle trade company...but your answer makes much more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Other than being a Gay Rights Activist and famous for his secret letters, can someone please explain to me why Norris is so popular?

He done the Hokey cokey there for a few weeks.

Is his links to and views upon the age of consent and sex with minors not putting people off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

We will be the laughing stock of the world if a gay is elected head of our nation.

Master of the Universe

whycliff wrote: »
    Is his links to and views upon the age of consent and sex with minors not putting people off?

Funny comment coming from someone with a vote Martin McGuinness sig?

Norris currently has my vote too. If anything the pettiness of this smear campaign makes me want to vote for him even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

whycliff wrote: »

Well his views upon the age of consent make sense if you took the time to research them.
    His views on sex with minors are similar to most in this country....... again if you took the time to research them.
    We will be the laughing stock of the world if a gay is elected head of our nation.

Half of Ireland's problem.
    Afraid of what everyone thinks of us.
    Tipping the cap and bowing the knee like Ted in the fast show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

cant understand how so many are going for Norris?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'm staying clear of the paedophile protector, the singer and the terrorist. Never thought I'd have to say that about a presidential election.

We wouldn't be the first nation to do so.

Care to tell me what those nations are, since obviously you spend so much time chuckling at them?

mikom wrote: »
    Well his views upon the age of consent make sense if you took the time to research them.
    His views on sex with minors are similar to most in this country....... again if you took the time to research them.

I was not aware that many people in Ireland wanted to bugger 15 year old boys.

Master of the Universe

MagicSean wrote: »
    I'm staying clear of the paedophile protector, the singer and the terrorist. Never thought I'd have to say that about a presidential election.

You clearly do not understand the definition of the word pedophile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Indeed.....

No, but when I was 15 I thought some of my teachers were dead hot, and I wouldn't have felt in any way abused if they had decided that what they really, truly desired was an overrweight 15-year-old with only a smattering of acne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

o1s1n wrote: »
    Norris currently has my vote too. If anything the pettiness of this smear campaign makes me want to vote for him even more.

You find people's concern's re. sex with underage boys "pettiness".

Erm, no thanks he's not for me.

Why did his original campaign team dump on him - and this was at the time when we only knew the contents of two letter's pleading clemency for a rapist ex-boyfriend.

Now there are SIX more undisclosed letter's.

I like Norris, originally I ran a Norris banner as my sig.

I hate the IRA, but I can accept that they're gone - never to return. I can accept that MMG can put his past behind him.

But the stuff surrounding Norris - you don't grow out of that, you don't put that behind you.. No thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Atari Jaguar

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    You clearly do not understand the definition of the world pedophile.

It's easier than using ephebophilia or hebephilia and means the same to most people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement