Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

hondasam wrote: »
    I dunno who is advising David Norris but they are making a very bad job of it,
    every interview makes him look bad.

Cherish the Children:confused:
    FFS Do not press the RED BUTTON!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

tommy21 wrote: »
    What did everyone make of Gallagher's performance?

No chance of winning imo. vb associated him with ff dunno if that is good or bad for him. I don't think he knows his stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I dunno who is advising David Norris but they are making a very bad job of it,
    every interview makes him look bad.

I don't think so I,think he comes across as himself and just very unpolished. All the rest, except Dana, are just clones of each other.All the same cliched politician answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Thought Dana looked hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    That did seem to shut Vinnie up.

Tbh I think it was more the fact that he had asked the same question directly 9 times by my count and it had been clumsily avoided like a three legged donkey dodging a venomous snake every time that made him just give up bothering. At a certain point it just becomes embarrassing for everyone involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

tommy21 wrote: »
    What did everyone make of Gallagher's performance?

"It's not about the past it's about the future. Looking forward, as an Entrepreneur..."

I heard that at least 3 times I'm sure. Although better than Dana bringing a copy of the constitution - which she'd want to have a read of soon enough because she hasn't a clue what she can or cannot do as President.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Will the full debate be on an iplayer of sorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

strobe wrote: »
    Tbh I think it was more the fact that he had asked the same question directly 9 times by my count and it had been clumsily avoided like a three legged donkey dodging a venomous snake every time that made him just give up bothering. At a certain point it just becomes embarrassing for everyone involved.

'Let Me Just Say, Let Me Just Say, Vincent, Let Me Just Say, Let Me Just Say.'

That man couldn't give a straight answer if his life depended on it.

KeithAFC wrote: »

Don't worry you will be delighted to hear McGuinness aced that one (by my reckoning).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Im so voting for Martin McGuinness after that debate¬ he is like the 21st century version of this boyo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_(Irish_leader)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

McGuinness, Higgins and Norris were the best for me. Gay Mitchell turns my stomach. The rest were irrelevant!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭milmo

Do we really have to get one of them???

Can John Hume be tempted out of retirement??

You need not worry Martin will not be moving to Dublin.

Deedsie wrote: »
    McGuinness, Higgins and Norris were the best for me. Gay Mitchell turns my stomach. The rest were irrelevant!

Out of all the candidates Gay Mitchell had far the most groomed appearance. You'd think he should scrap this presidential race and aim for a Best in Show award.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I wouldn't bet against that just yet.

Ha. I only want to watch to see what he comes out with.

Morlar wrote: »
    Don't worry you will be delighted to hear McGuinness aced that one (by my reckoning).
    I only heard him near the end going on about Ian Paisley and Ulster Loyalists and the events next year. He seems to really be playing on his "friendship" with Unionism/Loyalism which is frankly absurd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

What ya basing that on ?

whycliff wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet against that just yet.
    Ha. I only want to watch to see what he comes out with.

He has no notion of winning and he knows it, he is here to up his profile for the future.
    Keith he came across as ok, I read his interview in the Mail on sat and it's the same old thing with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

strobe wrote: »

I would agree except that I have heard VB asked the same bloody question for hour after hour after hour...

MungBean wrote: »
    What ya basing that on ?

Do you think he will win this election?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

After that debate its either Gallagher or Mickey D for me.

Norris is nothing more then a romantic bullsh1tter

Gay is the same as every other politician in this country, he seems more interested in getting one over on the others rather then debating the issue at hand.

Mary Davis just another golden circle crony

Martin - to focused on the north

Dana - really how can anyone seriously vote for her? Felt like hitting her over the head with the constitution every time she raised it up.

If Norris had any dignity, he would not have ran in the election. The guy is just digging a hole for himself every time he opens his mouth.

Do you think he will win this election?

You missed the TV3 election poll link. FYI your guy sucks ass literally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Either way it was better than ryan tubridy's pitiful excuse for a debate.

squod wrote: »
    You missed the TV3 election poll link. FYI your guy sucks ass literally

who is my guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

zonEEE wrote: »
    Felt like hitting her over the head with the constitution every time she raised it up.

I pay to see that!

If Norris had any dignity, he would not have ran in the election. The guy is just digging a hole for himself every time he opens his mouth.

For the first time ever have to say I agree with you on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

zonEEE wrote: »
    Dana - really how can anyone seriously vote for her? Felt like hitting her over the head with the constitution every time she raised it up.

She's a gas oul yoke alright. She genuinely seems to believe that as president, should something be put in front of her which she feels goes against her interpretation of the constitution, that she will be able to just slam her staff on the ground and shout out "It shall not pass!!" and that will be the end of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement