Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If Sean is such a great Business brain then why doesn't he jump ship and join Fine Gael so he can get the trade portfolia and go on meet and greet missions with Dictators and War criminals like Cameron and Obama to secure Jobs for Ireland as his tallents will not serve him well as President.

Good point, No Neck would be better served volunteering his 'vast business knowledge' to the government and try and spur on job creation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭owainglyndwr

Whatever you think about Norris, his sexuality should have no bearing on his competence as a president.

How exactly will he confuse young children?! :confused:

If Senator Norris has nothing to hide he wouldn't need "TWO" lawyers advising him to keep his mouth shut over the letters .. No sooner does he wipe his brow that ANOTHER scandal is exposed ,,This time its claiming sickness benefit for 16 years and working as Senator whilst being in receipt of those payments .. "16" years to treat Hepatitis ? He said it was contaminated water but do a little research and you will learn that Water borne hepatitis is relatively easy to treat ... How many more Skeletons has he in his closet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

If Senator Norris has nothing to hide he wouldn't need "TWO" lawyers advising him to keep his mouth shut over the letters .. No sooner does he wipe his brow that ANOTHER scandal is exposed ,,This time its claiming sickness benefit for 16 years and working as Senator whilst being in receipt of those payments .. "16" years to treat Hepatitis ? He said it was contaminated water but do a little research and you will learn that Water borne hepatitis is relatively easy to treat ... How many more Skeletons has he in his closet ?

Ah. Good man. You're back. Pull up a ban for yourself.

It was a strain of Hepatitis off the X Files or something, the show as big back in those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

You honestly think claiming a private sickness benefit is a scandal? Ok so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Jaysus, you're back??? I'm pretty sure there's a message for you from one of the Mods earlier n the thread, you might wanna find it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Jaysus, you're back??? I'm pretty sure there's a message for you from one of the Mods earlier n the thread, you might wanna find it!

Something about Lifestyles wasn't it?

Ah. Good man. You're back. Pull up a ban for yourself.

It was a strain of Hepatitis off the X Files or something, the show as big back in those days.

I'm back and on my best behaviour ... Thats not easy as i suffer from OCD..:eek:

Bannasidhe wrote: »

The aul memory isn't what it once was, could well be though!

You honestly think claiming a private sickness benefit is a scandal? Ok so.

There's some out there who think Norris drawing breathe is a scandal.

The aul memory isn't what it once was, could well be though!

Have a drink of water - it might refresh your memory :p

• Advertisement

I'm back and on my best behaviour ... Thats not easy as i suffer from OCD..:eek:

Not to make light of OCD mate - but the only excuse for what you said is Tourettes.

Lifestyle infection.. Did it get removed ? :mad: I said it wouldn't look good on his campaign poster .. Harmless fun !!

Not to make light of OCD mate - but the only excuse for what you said is Tourettes.

I don't believe i ever used the F word on this thread and before we go any further your going off topic !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Dammit, I should have said that. That was a much better answer than mine!

You're an evil genius Hondasam!

I will take that as a compliment :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

For those that missed it yesterday, the TV3 debate I think is being re-run on TV3 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I don't believe i ever used the F word on this thread and before we go any further your going off topic !!

Looks like you cant take a hint.
    Banned

hondasam wrote: »
    I will take that as a compliment :p

So you should. It was such a simple sentence with such power, seems like he may have gotten your effective message too. See, Evil Genius ;)

Have a drink of water - it might refresh your memory :p

LOL, I must try that, but not now, I'm off to bed, fecking knackered! All this arguing in between nappies, meals, work, housework, is wearing me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Teacher: Show me your homework.

Little Johnny: I will not, I have taken legal advice & apparently showing you my homework would infringe on the rights of others.

Teacher: I do not believe that, I want to see your homework...

Little Johnny: The people of Ireland have moved on from my homework...

Funniest post of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

dvpower wrote: »
    Kneecappings in the Aras every second Tuesday of the month.:rolleyes:

Ah yes, sorry the man that stood up while his people were treated like third class citizens, and then led the IRA to peace, and worked his ass off for the betterment of his country. Yep your right an absolute terrorist. :rolleyes:

On another note, how many of the MMG thrashers on here see Nelson Mandela as a terrorist responsible for the ruination of his country. A man who deserved to spend 28 years in prison. Or how many of you claim that he is a great man, responsible for his country's freedom?? Come on, open your eys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

A brief look at how the bookies see the state of play.

These are best on-line prices:

Michael D .......................................... 4/9

Sean Gallagher ................................... 7/1

Martin McGuinness .............................. 9/1

Mary Davis ....................................... 12/1

David Norris ...................................... 18/1

Gay Mitchell ...................................... 20/1

Dana ................................................ 66/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Looks like our Antrapinayir is moving up the ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Spread wrote: »

Dana ................................................ 66/1

I might put a score on Dana... you never know how these races will turn out.

OR
    Spread wrote: »

Dana ................................................ 666

FYP.

Morlar wrote: »

WTF is your wan? :confused:

On second thoughts ....... you do mean entrepreneur. Non?

Morlar wrote: »

Took me a while but I see what you did there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HondaKev

What happened to Norris? I thought he was fav to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

HondaKev wrote: »
    The letters. If he was to deal comprehensively with the letters I think a lot of the other negative non stories would cease.

I think people like his character when he's being positive but it doesn't come accross at all well when he's on the back foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

HondaKev wrote: »

Take out all the controversies and all people see is a bumbling omodhan with an annoying voice and arrogance of an unrivalled degree in the election

How Irish people could vote for a Unionist anyway is beyond me, the fact he wants us back in the commonwealth is enough to make most people realise he's deluded and not a man of the people.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cowzerp wrote: »
    Take out all the controversies and all people see is a bumbling omodhan with an annoying voice and arrogance of an unrivalled degree in the election

How Irish people could vote for a Unionist anyway is beyond me, the fact he wants us back in the commonwealth is enough to make most people realise he's deluded and not a man of the people.

You know that being in the Commonwealth isn't the same as being in the UK and that all members are considered equal right?

There are two members of the commonwealth that were never British colonies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement