Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Did he name the obstetrician? :D

I was in the kitchen, if he did I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

hondasam wrote: »
    I was in the kitchen, if he did I missed it.

More evasions!! :eek:

what you 'aving for dinner? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

More evasions!! :eek:

what you 'aving for dinner? :cool:

It's tea not dinner. I'm having salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Well, forgive me, but an even break is required Bannasidhe, wait until he is asked the question maybe. :)

Re: post #1254.
    I'm perfectly prepared to wait and see what McGuinness has to say. And if his answer satisfies me. I'll shut up about it. If there is no answer or I find it doesn't quite answer the question. I'll keep asking.

Do read the whole post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

hondasam wrote: »
    David Norris was born in Leopoldville in the Belgian Congo,his mother is Irish and his father Is English.

And there was me, all the time thinking that he was born near Athy sorry a thigh.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Spread wrote: »
    And there was me, all the time thinking that he was born near Athy sorry a thigh.:D

Worst. Joke. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

efb wrote: »
    Worst. Joke. Ever.

I had a great one about him being born on the far end of the belgian congo, and his middle name being King. It was a very complicated joke built up to a great climax of '. . . . and that's why he is king-congo, bel-end'.

But then I thought better of posting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

efb wrote: »
    Worst. Joke. Ever.

Even worse than MU82AR? Surely not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

And so what? There is plenty of good minds in Fianna Fáil, talk about taring with a massive brush. Ironic that this comes from you, a supporter of Sinn Féin, a party for which you could get a brush to fit the majority of it's members and supporters.

• Advertisement

Joe Jackson 'Journalist':rolleyes: over on Facebook stating that:

'
    I'm starting to write tonight an article that will lead, I know to a tsunami of attacks. Do I worry about that? No. All I can do is tell my own truths.'

Is the journo:rolleyes: finally gonna do his job and reveal what is in the letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Speaking of journalists.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/death-threat-is-made-against-eoghan-harris-2900612.html

Now, if this not accurate, SF or McGuinness should sue.

But if this is true, we cannot have someone as president if they have followers/supporters who are willing to threaten the media with violence or intimidation for doing their jobs.

It would be crazy to even imagine Dana, Michael D or Mitchell having supporters who would go that far, yet we have a group and its support that love the words peace maker and comparisons of Mandela yet will threaten the lives of journalists or intimate them for doing a job.

Can you imagine John Hume's supporters doing this because some trashy newspaper is critical? No f**king way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Speaking of journalists.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/death-threat-is-made-against-eoghan-harris-2900612.html

But if this is true, we cannot have someone as president if they have followers/supporters who are willing to threaten the media with violence or intimidation for doing their jobs.

It would be crazy to even imagine Dana, Michael D or Mitchell having supporters who would go that far, yet we have a group and its support that love the words peace maker and comparisons of Mandela yet will threaten the lives of journalists or intimate them for doing a job.

Can you imagine John Hume's supporters doing this because some trashy newspaper is critical? No f**king way.

...And of course, any oppositions supporters/party members in a moment of stupidity (thinking they were clever!) would never do this stunt in order to blacken their oppositions chances, knowing it would get out about this so called phone call?
    Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, just because its supposedly was in support of McGuinness, that makes him/they guilty of course. Sure who needs proof!

Wouldn't be the first time black propaganda has been used by all sides, lets be honest!
    (Or someone does something to give a journalist helpful publicity!)

Meanwhile Labour and FG are going on the assault again, shifting tactics slightly: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fglab-target-gallagher-as-mitchell-cast-out-in-the-cold-2900584.html

Nice chaps they are indeed - all acting very presidential!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

We need a new poll or to reset this poll to zero. Several people I know have changed their mind throughout this campaign, so I don't feel it truly indicates how people will vote.

Biggins wrote: »
    ...And of course, any oppositions supporters/party members in a moment of stupidity (thinking they were clever!) would never do this stunt in order to blacken their oppositions chances, knowing it would get out about this so called phone call?
    Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, just because its supposedly was in support of McGuinness, that makes him/they guilty of course. Sure who needs proof!

Wouldn't be the first time black propaganda has been used by all sides, lets be honest!
    (Or someone does something to give a journalist helpful publicity!)

Meanwhile Labour and FG are going on the assault again, shifting tactics slightly: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/fglab-target-gallagher-as-mitchell-cast-out-in-the-cold-2900584.html

Nice chaps they are indeed - all acting very presidential!

If that is true, that is crazy, every day I hate this election more and more. It is sickening the behaviour of the media and the candidates and their parties, all of them.

But what if it is true biggins? What if the stuff the paper alleges to have happened did happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Speaking of journalists.

And look what the same eoghan harris wrote about mary mcaleese

Now, the Republic of Ireland is not yet a Provo puppet state – but these words show that we are heading into the same moral fog which corrupted part of the nationalist community in the North into voting for Sinn Féin, a party which fronts for the sectarian murder gang which has been murdering their Protestant neighbours…

It is my passionate conviction that it is crucial to the moral life of our country that Mary McAleese does not become President. To elect her would signal to Sin Féin that we are as ambivalent as those Northern nationalists who voted for a party tied to a terror gang…
    There are three main reasons why we should not vote for Mary McAleese. First, no matter how she may huff and puff about being involved in a peace ministry, or about being misrepresented, the leaked memo of May sets out her position on the British general election, while the armed struggle was still going on, with stark simplicity. “She was very pleased with Sinn Féin’s performance in the general election.”[This is a direct quote from the leaked memo – J.]
    Second, she came to us with a curriculum vitae which concealed the complete picture of her politics, particularly the fact that she could never be a bridge-builder. This concealment alone makes her unfit to be President.
    Finally, unlike many of my colleagues in the media, I can see plenty wrong with voting for a candidate who is endorsed by Sinn Féin, which is still linked to a terrorist organisation. And I believe most Irish people would agree with me if they were allowed to hear my arguments.
    If I am wrong about my own people, then so be it.

The same man who told us bertie ahern is as straight as they come..

He is being so wrong on many occasions that I would think when he looks in the mirror he feels threatened.

If that is true, that is crazy, every day I hate this election more and more. It is sickening the behaviour of the media and the candidates and their parties, all of them.

But what if it is true biggins? What if the stuff the paper alleges to have happened did happen?

If it is true, let the evidence speak for itself and those involved, suffer the consequences.
    Meanwhile just because mud is thrown, doesn't mean we have to allow it to stick. We should decide for ourselves where the true direction it might have been thrown from, not just blindly accept others telling of a direction.

If there is anything so far we have learned in this election - if nor from previous ones - its that the tactics being used by some sides are clever, questionable and possibly very sneaky in use!

realies wrote: »

Now, the Republic of Ireland is not yet a Provo puppet state – but these words show that we are heading into the same moral fog which corrupted part of the nationalist community in the North into voting for Sinn Féin, a party which fronts for the sectarian murder gang which has been murdering their Protestant neighbours…

It is my passionate conviction that it is crucial to the moral life of our country that Mary McAleese does not become President. To elect her would signal to Sin Féin that we are as ambivalent as those Northern nationalists who voted for a party tied to a terror gang…
    There are three main reasons why we should not vote for Mary McAleese. First, no matter how she may huff and puff about being involved in a peace ministry, or about being misrepresented, the leaked memo of May sets out her position on the British general election, while the armed struggle was still going on, with stark simplicity. “She was very pleased with Sinn Féin’s performance in the general election.”[This is a direct quote from the leaked memo – J.]
    Second, she came to us with a curriculum vitae which concealed the complete picture of her politics, particularly the fact that she could never be a bridge-builder. This concealment alone makes her unfit to be President.
    Finally, unlike many of my colleagues in the media, I can see plenty wrong with voting for a candidate who is endorsed by Sinn Féin, which is still linked to a terrorist organisation. And I believe most Irish people would agree with me if they were allowed to hear my arguments.

He is being so wrong on many occasions that I would think when he looks in the mirror he feels threatened.

Oh yeah I would completely agree and I dislike his articles and revisionist history. But he did not write or report that supporters of McAleese threatened his life.

If it is false, then so be it, but what if it is true? He has the right to write whatever drivel he wants without threats or intimidation.

He is on rte 1 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭andyjo

Speaking of journalists.

Sometimes the mask slips of those in Sinn Fein. Whats underneath is not usually pretty. I suppose what else would you expect from those who condoned murder, "disappearances", bombings, intimidation, bank robberies and torture in the not too distant past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Funny thing is, Mcguinness is that bridge maker that this clown is talking about-he's quite clearly anti sinn Fein and the fact he was against mcaleese like he was I'd say anti nationalist.

But a few clowns will believe his negative opposition and blame Mcguinness for stuff out his control, I'd most likely say the threaths where from someone from another candidates support shhiit stirring.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

He is on rte 1 now

Who is ?

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Who is ?

Eoghan harris think you missed him

cowzerp wrote: »
    ...I'd most likely say the threaths where from someone from another candidates support shhiit stirring.

...And judging by the indicative amount of people on the internet alone that can be often seen to be stupid and willing to do such things, I'd say its a good possibility!

Never underestimate an idiot and their willingness to do something off the top of their head in further stupidity!

Eoghan Harris???? Is this what we are calling journalism now?

Biggins wrote: »
    Never underestimate an idiot and their willingness to do something off the top of their head in further stupidity!

like McGuinnes and his minder idiots who rolled up to RTE in thier BMW X5 - where McG sais he'd work for 30k a year etc ....and who has choice words for the indo journalist who witnessed it. Naw, the shinners are soft and cuddly, they never intimidated, or worse. They never threatened "west brits" in an angry tone of voice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭owainglyndwr

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/eoghan-harris/eoghan-harris-get-the-gag-taken-off-gay-mitchell-and-let-him-at-it-2893566.html

Harris brought "Anti semitism into it ... Thats gutter Journalism and the "Sindo" allows that bile to be printed ?.. A Leopard does not change its spots so should we expect anything less ? I would sue the editor !

only by comparing the provos to anti semetics. Not a unreasonable comparison when you look back at what happened over their campaign. Strong words "....Someone who can stare down McGuinness, list his concrete crimes, and tell him coldly that since his IRA wasted 3,000 lives he is not fit for purpose as President of Ireland."

If you look at all the lives affected by the McGuinnesses provo campaign, it was a lot more than 3000. How many injured, how orphans, widows, how many careers and lives destroyed - even though they may not have been murdered.

andyjo wrote: »
    like McGuinnes and his minder idiots who rolled up to RTE in thier BMW X5...

I'm NOT a fan of SF but by the way, what are other politicians/supporters/candidates driving as they go about?
    If we have to be so petty that we bitch about a car they got a lift in, our arguments against them must be piss poor weak, to have to resort to this daftness in critical direction!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭owainglyndwr

andyjo wrote: »
    Sometimes the mask slips of those in Sinn Fein. Whats underneath is not usually pretty. I suppose what else would you expect from those who condoned murder, "disappearances", bombings, intimidation, bank robberies and torture in the not too distant past.

The plot thickens "did the Israelis leak the clemency letters that nearly destroyed David Norris?" (more than likely) and now Harris is stirring the doo doo. I came across this article which shows which side of the fence Harris is on and it makes for interesting reading.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/eoghan-harris/eoghan-harris-government-is-right-about-ivor-wrong-about-israel-2209687.html

Its common knowledge that Israel interferes in the elections of foreign countries and i wonder if someone influenced Harris. Sorry that's conspiracy theory i know but its not implausible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement