Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Ask a question and get attacked by the cynic brigade!

Ok so, what exactly is involved in changing my address on the register? Would I have enough time to do so between now and the 27th?

And are there any unwanted potential implications as a result?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ok so, what exactly is involved in changing my address on the register? Would I have enough time to do so between now and the 27th?

You might find help here: http://www.checktheregister.ie/PublicPages/AppForms.aspx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Phone the Franchise Office of the local council where you are now resident and ask them if you can get your name on the supplementary Electoral Register. Download Form RFA3 (if registered elsewhere) or Form RFA2 ( if not currently registered anywhere) from the link Biggins supplied in post #1414, you will have to sign this in front of a Garda witness (so bring ID and proof of address to the station) and send it to the relevant Franchise Office. You may be too late - but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Implications are - every time you move you will have to re-register.

Never mind the cynic brigade - the real cynics are smirking at the about face by FG/Lab over holding elections on a Thursday ....

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Phone the Franchise Office of the local council where you are now resident and ask them if you can get your name on the supplementary Electoral Register. Download Form RFA3 (if registered elsewhere) or Form RFA2 ( if not currently registered anywhere) from the link Biggins supplied in post #1414, you will have to sign this in front of a Garda witness (so bring ID and proof of address to the station) and send it to the relevant Franchise Office. You may be too late - but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Implications are - every time you move you will have to re-register.

Never mind the cynic brigade - the real cynics are smirking at the about face by FG/Lab over holding elections on a Thursday ....

It says fourteen days before the election so probably have to do it today! Thank you and biggins.

It says the 14th day so probably have to do it today!

14th Oct? So if you can hand deliver the completed form to the Franchise Office you have until Friday...

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    14th Oct? So if you can hand deliver the completed form to the Franchise Office you have until Friday...

No tomorrow I think, 14 days before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

seamus wrote: »
    "Home" is where you spend the majority of your time.

If you spend five days in Dublin and 2 days in Galway, then you live in Dublin, and Dublin is your home. If someone asked where you live, you wouldn't say "Galway".

I've no problem with people talking about "going home" when they're going back to their parents house, that's just a turn of phrase, but I'll never understand people claiming that the place they spend 70% of their time living in, isn't home.

Sorry but I don't agree, I live and work in Scotland but Ireland will always be home:)

No tomorrow I think, 14 days before!

Had a look at Limerick CoCo website (you said you were in Limerick?)- looks like Mon 10th was the cut off date. http://www.lcc.ie/Register_of_Electors/

A possible option for you may be postal voting - students can avail of this. Again I don't know the dates but you can get relevant info here: http://www.lcc.ie/Register_of_Electors/Postal_Voting/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Madam wrote: »
    Sorry but I don't agree, I live and work in Scotland but Ireland will always be home:)

I think there's a difference between "where you live" and what you call your "home", since the later is a concept based around nostalgia and where you're happiest.

Voting though is always going to be based around where you live and where your house is, not nessecarily where your home is.

And sorry if I came accross as gruff or cynical about the whole changing address thing. But I get tired of seeing young people object to the governments caving to every whim of the OAP groups and ignoring youth, when youth then get put off voting at the most simple of obstacles. If you want to vote, you do what you need to do. It's not that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The lovey Miriam is hosting a debate with them all now.

After this week, and todayfm debate my prefences have changed slightly, also slightly due to Gays Commonwealth comment, interested to see what his repsonce to that will be tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dana looking as psychotic as ever.. what are the odds she pulls the constitution out of her knickers.. again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Half these loons don't even believe in God. Sodom An Uactarain here we go.

Nice suits on these cnuts. Ka-ching! Few bob spent there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

She is out to get him isnt she lol

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    She is out to get him isnt she lol

The Martin McGuinness hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This debate is pathetic... it started off like a bloody school lesson... "So, Johnny, what's the most important power of the President?"

And Sean Gallagher, like a lick arse nerd, reeling off what he learned last night.

Hardly a debate.

And now it's Angry McGuinness spouting off about Sinn Fein.

What the fuck has this to do with anything?

Martin gets to draw breath.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

RTE is actually farcical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CAPSLOCK2

Miriam really is a dumb blonde. I feel sorry for McGuinness

They should get Dana to sing a song. It'd be better than this drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

"thats a stupid statement miriam" well played Martin.. fecking RTE same as usual.

did mitchell just say "children were widowed" ????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

"Does anyone else here have a problem with Martin McGuinness running for president?"

What sort of f*cking question is that? Is she going to ask a single question that is of any relevance to the future election? And the more Gay Mitchell speaks, the more I'm convinced he's just there to stop McGuinness.

Do I really have to vote for one of these muppets?

It's like going to a restaurant expecting a steak dinner & being offered a choice of breakfast cereal instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

This is a fcuking joke from RTE biased as fcuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I think the media will drive people to vote for McGuinness they are beginning to sicken me now.

The soothing tones of Micheal Dee.

:D

This is turning into a bit of a farce. Miriam, I'm disapointed.

Worst debate so far. I expected better from Miriam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Easy, easy now Miriam. Sean Gallgher is a Fianna Failer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Worst debate so far. I expected better from Miriam

I didn't. She is always bloody hopeless at interviewing people.

woodoo wrote: »
    I think the media will drive people to vote for McGuinness

I doubt it. He's a bigger liar than Norris & most people can see through that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

the presenter is more annoying than the 7 wafflers,
    O'Callaghan should stick with her HSE stories about oul ones on trolleys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement