Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If any man raped me I'd be traumatised tho

Rookster wrote: »
    Norris is a total bluffer and bull****ter! Very dishonest in the crap about not releasing the letters. He said he will abide by the law. Pity he did'nt think about that before writing those letters.

What law did he break???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

flanzer wrote: »
    SF had a massive chance at the time of the the Queen's visit to fully support the visit and didn't. It was a chance to somewhat reconcile their own relationship with London and failed miserably.

For that, MMG won't be getting my vote
    SF say a lot of things. Most of it is nonsense. Anyone who seriously thinks SF really want a Truth and Reconciliation programme are kidding themselves. SF are the perfect example of the boy who cried wolf.

And you will never get the full truth anyway. Gerry Adams is never going to tell the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Vincent Brownes take on things...

Vinny has big history in what has gone on up there. There are so many people in positions that should know/have known who was the main man in the IRA.

They all say it was McGuinness. He still denies it this morning... He's full of shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Personally, I couldn't listen to David Norris' whiney, nasal, glottal stoppy voice for longer than 5 seconds without wanting to silence him in any way possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    lol, serious facepalm
    Well in fairness what does mmg know about contemporary life in the 26 counties. He dosnt live here and never has. All his life has been intensely focused on the 6 counties. I'd prefer a president who understans the mood of the people here.
    I live im th 26, I dont have a notion about the people in the 6. They have their own government, money, traditions...they are foreign to me.

Personally, I couldn't listen to David Norris' whiney, nasal, glottal stoppy voice for longer than 5 seconds without wanting to silence him in any way possible.

He might enjoy it ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    He believed Ezra believed the 15 year old was actually 16 - i.e. over the age of consent. And as for 'buggery' a) no one was ever charged with sodomy (is this considered a crime in Israel?) b) How do you now they engaged in anal intercourse? Not all gay men do - and quite a few heterosexuals do...

Rape requires intercourse to occur. Otherwise its sexual assault. And unless 15 year old Isreali boys have vaginas then anal sex is all it could have been.
    efb wrote: »
    It was as it was proven to contravene natural law- so all statutory rape convictions were expunged

No. It was considered to be unfair as it did not allow for a defence of reasonable mistake. It's still an offence and it had nothing to do with natural law.
    7 letters, now 8??? He must have worn out his typewriter

It was probably a state owned typewriter anyway. He didn't even splash out on the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I like it, he's amusing.

I wish he hadn't wrote those letter's.

I've met him a few times and he has been very warm, very friendly.. A really nice man.

But look we must take things in today's context.

The war in the north of Ireland is over. The IRA have decommissioned and SF have moved into main stream politics, they've embraced peace in Ireland and even went so far as to share power with the unionists and continue to do so today.

But writing letters pleading for clemency in the case of Norris just can not be excused, even today post Ryan report and other reports on child abuse in this country.

Norris says he regrets writing those letters, I'd say he damn well does..

I've a number two perference, I'd like to see the contents of the latest revelations of six undisclosed letters.

At this very early stage I'd say we're looking at either Higgins or Norris through transfer's of first and second perference votes.

So murdering innocent children and Gardai can be excused, but having consentual sex with someone underage can't be? That's some might fine logic there.

MagicSean wrote: »
    Rape requires intercourse to occur. Otherwise its sexual assault. And unless 15 year old Isreali boys have vaginas then anal sex is all it could have been.

No. It was considered to be unfair as it did not allow for a defence of reasonable mistake. It's still an offence and it had nothing to do with natural law.

It was probably a state owned typewriter anyway. He didn't even splash out on the paper.

That would be a bit unseemly...

• Advertisement

Statutory Rape is gone- unlawful carnal knowledge of a minor

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Undecided at the moment but I'm leaning towards Norris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I have to laugh at all the "he's good enough for Northern Ireland" crap - the North was offered other options and refused them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

I have a mind of my own and won't be going along with the Dublin media who want David Norris. Voting McGuinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Same crime, just renamed.

Same crime, just renamed.

It's not Statatory- that's the point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

It's not Statatory- that's the point!
    Pronunciation:/ˈstatjʊt(ə)ri, -tʃʊ-/
    adjective
    required, permitted, or enacted by statute:
    statutory controls over prices
    having come to be required or expected through being done or made regularly:
    the statutory Christmas phone call to his mother

Dunno 'bout that.

Once I was stopped by the guards for speeding. Gard informed me that I was driving ten miles per hour faster than was allowed on that stretch of road. I received a slap on the wrist and sent on my way.

That is the only time I have ever broken the speed limit in all my years of driving..............:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Im gonna arse wiped my voting paper, there maybe one lucky candidate who gets my shít

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    No, but there is a sizable portion who are happy electing a man who's hands drip with the blood of the innocent
    Gay Mitchell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

David Norris sounds like a very, very upperclass Englishman.

If he's president, that'll REALLY confuse a lot of yanks. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'm going for Norris. Higgins gets number 2. Reckon both would make good presidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I have to laugh at all the "he's good enough for Northern Ireland" crap - the North was offered other options and refused them.

Like what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I'm going for Norris. Higgins gets number 2. Reckon both would make good presidents.

My golden bollox they would.

Higgins will rile up the Americans because he can't keep his snout out of Middle east affairs(provided someone else pays the bill).

Little gnome was over in Colombia recently too, who paid that bill?

Be very careful about that little lepreachaun, way too fond of himself and expenses for this poster.

Only in it for the travel and expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Voting for Norris.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Voted Norris. Would have chosen a "Anyone buy MMG" option if there was any. Would prefer to vote for M. Davis but I don't think she's a chance of challanging and I don't want MMG in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Like what?
    War. Martin Mcguinness wasn't accepted by all of the people in Northern Ireland. The government set up in N.I is a peace time government. It is completely different. Most Unionists would never vote for him or SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Yeah, but it is difficult (although not impossible) to criticise MMG as being unsuitable for President given his role in NI. I think some southern politicians don't mind Sinn Fein being in high office, as long as it's not in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

For me it's a process of elimination, it has to be the candidate least likely to embarrass our nation.

Pathetic that we have no strong candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Not Norris anyway. Not after the letters scandal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Woah, woah, woah woah...where's the Bobby Mugabe option? It isn't a proper AH election poll without him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement