Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Don't you dare try and steal my thunder :P

The effort it took to reset that bloody poll :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

KeithM89 wrote: »
    The effort it took to reset that bloody poll :(

Quit your moanin and get back to work! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lets see what happens by Sunday night.

How out of touch is Boards with the people! We will see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Poll Reset for the last time

Fucking hell. This is worse than the Lisbon Treaty referendum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Who in the name of Jaysus is going to vote for that squeaky leprechaun Higgins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Should have left the reset until after last debate?

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Should have left the reset until after last debate?

You dont have to vote now ya know!

I've gone past the point of caring at this stage.

I'm voting for Dana just for the laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Who in the name of Jaysus is going to vote for that squeaky leprechaun Higgins!

Higgins is possibly the best compromise. I'll be voting for MMG yet that would repulse some people, Yet SG would repulse others etc, I think Higgins may be disliked by some but at least he is too harmless to repulse anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

You dont have to vote now ya know!

Yeh but 40 odd people have....what happens if MDH whips out his willy and waves it at Dana? :D

• Advertisement

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Yeh but 40 odd people have....what happens if MDH whips out his willy and waves it at Dana? :D

She'd probably whack him over the head with her cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Poll Reset for the last time

Snapshot 23rd October

1.28am

View Poll Results: Whose going to get your vote???
    Mary Davis 0 0%
    Seán Gallagher 4 9.30%
    Michael D. Higgins 17 39.53%
    Martin McGuinness 11 25.58%
    Gay Mitchell 1 2.33%
    David Norris 2 4.65%
    Dana Rosemary Scallon 1 2.33%
    I am choosing not to vote 2 4.65%
    I am choosing to spoil my vote 2 4.65%
    I am from Northern Ireland, I'd like to vote but I can't! 0 0%
    Undecided 3 6.98%

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gypsies

So a thread about SG disappeared last night. Hmmmm. Apparently some people were coming out of the woodwork about more dodgy work dealings. The people of Ireland need to know these stories - I hope the stories will resurface..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

That thread had as much credibility as a man down the pub told me this story
    Some poster had a friend who had trouble getting paid by Gallagher.

And we verify this how?
    Though it may well be true, he is a Cavan man after all ;)

Sure we've had a few friend of friend threads in AH in the last few weeks
    Don't need anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If someone is elected and the Government don't like the choice do we get to vote again just like Lisbon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Anonymous poster on the internet accusing a candidate with "it happened to a friend of mine" story with no proof. No great mystery, proofless stories get pulled.

is that right? - plenty of work for you and your ilk so

no going to be much left on AH if your true to your word

be good chaps and make sure its a level playing field

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Anonymous poster on the internet accusing a candidate with "it happened to a friend of mine" story with no proof. No great mystery, proofless stories get pulled.

Does this include proofless stories relating to Martin McGuinness which claim he is a killer, that he in possession of the proceeds of the money stolen from The Northern Bank robbery or that he knows of the names of the killers of Pvt Patrick Kelly but is deliberately protecting them?

These proofless stories don't seem to be pulled, why is that?

dj jarvis wrote: »
    is that right? - plenty of work for you and your ilk so

no going to be much left on AH if your true to your word

be good chaps and make sure its a level playing field
    Does this include proofless stories relating to Martin McGuinness which claim he is a killer, that he in possession of the proceeds of the money stolen from The Northern Bank robbery or that he knows of the names of the killers of Pvt Patrick Kelly but is deliberately protecting them?

These proofless stories don't seem to be pulled, why is that?

This isnt up for discussion here, PM a mod if you want but dont derail this thread.

This isnt up for discussion here, PM a mod if you want but dont derail this thread.

NO ONE is trying to derail anything - and it is up for debate - its a thread about the presidential candidates - so now your telling us if we want to question or have questions we can only do it by PMing a mod ?????
    sorry keithm89 but dont fancy having a closed debate with just you

laughable truly laughable

NO ONE is trying to derail anything - and it is up for debate - its a thread about the presidential candidates - so now your telling us if we want to question or have questions we can only do it by PMing a mod ?????
    sorry keithm89 but dont fancy having a closed debate with just you

laughable truly laughable

If you or anyone else want to discuss why the other thread was deleted, dont do it here.
    End of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sorry, Keith, if I may interject.

Lads, There is a politics forum and an election forum where all this is being discussed in depth. We have one thread here only. If you find a post that is a baseless accusation against any candidate, report it and it will be looked at.

As I said, if you don't like it, go to the dedicated forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

I would support and vote for Martin Mcguinness but I'm not convinced by his denials of what Martin Ingram claimed, so I won't be voting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I don't think the polls on here is a good way of judging anything because Martin Mcguinness is just about winning at the moment and surely there isn't enough naive people to actually think he would be a good choice? I seriously doubt he will get the votes some are saying he will get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I don't think the polls on here is a good way of judging anything because Martin Mcguinness is just about winning at the moment and surely there isn't enough naive people to actually think he would be a good choice? I seriously doubt he will get the votes some are saying he will get.

I think you underestimate how pissed off people are with how the country has been run into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

KeithAFC wrote: »

He will get a maximum of 14% of the vote and will come third overall. Fianna Fáil are where the majority of Irish people's hearts truly lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Deedsie wrote: »
    He will get a maximum of 14% of the vote and will come third overall. Fianna Fáil are where the majority of Irish people's hearts truly lie!

Then we are truly fcuked.

[QUOTE=tayto lover;75083686]Then we are truly fcuked.[/QUOTE]

i second that - if SG or MD is elected im burning the house and moving to Nigeria - will the Irish never learn that FF are rotten 2 the core ?

this has been proven time and time again yet the " intelligent " electorate keep voting these gangsters in ????

i have NO allegiance to any other political party or independent so have no axe to grind - but trust me i will do my best to influence people to avoid the 2 above mentioned becasue the smell of FF coming off them is overpowering

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chosen1

[QUOTE=tayto lover;75083686]Then we are truly fcuked.[/QUOTE]

i second that - if SG or MD is elected im burning the house and moving to Nigeria - will the Irish never learn that FF are rotten 2 the core ?

this has been proven time and time again yet the " intelligent " electorate keep voting these gangsters in ????

i have NO allegiance to any other political party or independent so have no axe to grind - but trust me i will do my best to influence people to avoid the 2 above mentioned becasue the smell of FF coming off them is overpowering
    Is this the kind of Ray Darcy promise about leaving the country if Enda Kenny becomes taoiseach or is it a real promise?

chosen1 wrote: »
    Is this the kind of Ray Darcy promise about leaving the country if Enda Kenny becomes taoiseach or is it a real promise?

LOL - burning the house bit or the Nigeria bit - na neither
    just making a point of sorts

but if someone buys me a plane ticket and brings up my children and buys my house off me im game :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Deedsie wrote: »

Despite the fact that there is no FF candidate running. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement