Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nearly the first thing I have agreed with Dana on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm just happy that Mitchell doesn't stand a chance.. don't really care who else wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

why does Dana keeps saying dollars?

Showing off that she's a U.S citizen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

News of the floods in tomorrow's papers will save his ass.

you could be right, he is going to come out of this with less support than when he started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

this thread reminds me of the quick the queen is coming thread

great craic and keith is getting involved - great stuff !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MMcG stuck the knife in Gallagher and Norris twisted it several times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Whats wrong with him not knowing which way hes going to vote ? Plenty of time til Thursday. Some of the crowd are just going to boo Gallagher for the rest of the evening because of what emerged early.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

News of the floods in tomorrow's papers will save his ass.

Don't think so. I think Gallagher's ship just hit the rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I vote we reset the Poll one last time.

Sean Gallagher talking about taking envelopes puts the whole thing in a new perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There is no chance in hell that Higgins would agree with the Abbeylara thing if Labour were not in power. That doesn't sit too well with me.. I would have expected him to remain true to his ideals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Morlar wrote: »

Sean Gallagher talking about taking envelopes puts the whole thing in a new perspective.

I was about to say the same.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I was suffering like fook on Sat lifting blocks for the shed, wonder would "Desperate Dana" help me out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Don't think so. I think Gallagher's ship just hit the rocks.
    Sub editors around the country are at this moment scratching their heads trying to come up with a flood related headline to describe Gallagher's campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

gangster gallagher taking envelops from fuel smugglers a complete joke...what next maybe a bit win on the horses or has that one being used already:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Up till now Gallagher had my number one, now I am back to being undecided. His performance tonight and what has emerged leaves me very uneasy.

Gay Mitchell - 'we already have the tourism and infrastructure'

Is he gone in the head? have you ever tried to use public transport to get around this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Disaster to have this with a live studio audience with partisanship amongst them. A debate should never be in front of an audience again. Gallagher and Higgins answered the same answer to the same question. The audience mocked one answer and were quiet for the other. Whatever your political persuasion, its wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

David Norris said he would not engage in any negative campaigning, but his getting plenty of digs in tonight. I know I come across as very anti Norris tonight but i'm really not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

flahavaj wrote: »
    Up till now Gallagher had my number one, now I am back to being undecided. His performance tonight and what has emerged leaves me very uneasy.

you and a lot of his supporters I would think. This is the best debate so far.

' I can't remember '

Sound familiar.

Wasn't it Ronald Reagan who said that something like 83 times in a row at a senate hearing ?

'I don't recall.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

flahavaj wrote: »

Bravo!

Morlar wrote: »

If we do, can we change the question from

'Whose going to get your vote?'

to

'Who's going to get your vote?'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I can't understand how anyone had Gallagher as number 1 ever.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Gallagher has bombed his vote from our house anyway.
    Gone now to not having a bean of who to vote for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Don't like Martin McGuinness at all. Something very sneaky about him. Being honest though there's something sneaky about all of them. Totally undecided as to who I'll vote for :confused:

David Norris said he would not engage in any negative campaigning, but his getting plenty of digs in tonight. I know I come across as very anti Norris tonight but i'm really not

I have noticed that too. He doesn't initiate anything but gets the sly digs in when the other opponents are facing off. It's like he is trying to play one off against the other and sail through the middle. I don't think he is fooling too many people.

I'd have more respect for him if he either did things directly or not at all.

I hope Miriam O'Callaghan is watching this because Pat is showing how to conduct a debate in a professional manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I can't understand how anyone had Gallagher as number 1 ever.

Well, they believed Bertie... and... gallagher and bertie are linked through Fianna Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Patrick John Hillery was a great irish president - MDH reminds me of him - hes getting my vote

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Gallagher is certainly getting flak tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement