Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Morlar wrote: »
    Check out the replay - seriously. It was a Classic Political Debate in Irish history.

I actually feel good now knowing the level of questioning and public interest in this election can only be good for our democracy, The standard of politician will have no choice but to improve, We all have differing views on who is suitable but the more people to take an interest in politics means the gombeens have less of a chance to slip in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Well played Pat - he completely took the wind out of Mitchell's sails by mentioning temperament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Gay Mitchell went a bit paisley like.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

Slydice wrote: »
    Well, they believed Bertie... and... gallagher and bertie are linked through Fianna Fail

AND DONT FORGET IT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Raising something said outside the debate during the debate and including a Fr Ted reference is not professional. This debate is an abomination from a state broadcaster.

Pat was fair to everyone on the panel until he was personally attacked by Gay Mitchell. Miriam went out of her way to attack MmcG with her snide, sarcastic remarks without allowing him to reply.

Pat on the otherhand gave everyone a tough time but allowed them ample time to respond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

cloneslad wrote: »
    Pat was fair to everyone on the panel until he was personally attacked by Gay Mitchell. Miriam went out of her way to attack MmcG with her snide, sarcastic remarks without allowing him to reply.

Pat on the otherhand gave everyone a tough time but allowed them ample time to respond.

To be fair to Miriam, McGuinness needed to be tackled by somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

That was worth watching. Yowsa :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Vincent Brown now commenting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I wish someone had challenged Mitchell. Of course it was a bloody relevant question... This country has been ruined by cronyism so it is a fair question to enquire if a potential president would name a man who has been accused of corruption by a tribunal of enquiry to the council of state.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol.. Norris is hilarious if nothing else :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

Have to say I really enjoyed it and it was nice to hear them all talk without the moderator shouting over them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

SG on with Pat in the morning.

Chance to get out of jail.

That was brilliant viewing I have to say.

By the end Higgins kinda looked imperious didn't he?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I can see Higgins and McGuinness gaining vote at Gallaghers expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Almaviva wrote: »
    SG on with Pat in the morning.

Chance to get out of jail.

Here is a subliminal tip Sean : Brown Envelopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Norris made me chuckle a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

lol.. Norris is hilarious if nothing else :)

He should have his own TV show, He is a top class entertainer...

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

Gay giving out to Pat was the only worthwhile bit. And norris's quips too - a regular comedian

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

what a legendary debate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

LordSutch wrote: »
    To be fair to Miriam, McGuinness needed to be tackled by somebody.

She wasn't educated enough to do it though. Telling him he knew who murdered the soldiers as he was a reublican, so he knew everyone.

When Mcguinness said 'blessed be the peacemaker' as a joke when stopping an arguement between to members of the panel, miriam made a very snide remark saying I hope you were bing ironic (sarcastic, not sure which) with your comment.

She acted like a transition year student with lots of opinions but no knowledge of the topic.

I'm not a MMcG fan, but I'd say he prob won some votes with his handling of the debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

flahavaj wrote: »
    Well played Pat - he completely took the wind out of Mitchell's sails by mentioning temperament.

Its up to the people in the debate to take the wind out his sails not the moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

VB is on now, should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Good entertainment at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LOL, I can remember Lenihans "on mature recollection" interview in 1990.

So the only honourable option left is Higgins. I like it, job done tonight!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Its up to the people in the debate to take the wind out his sails not the moderator.

I think the moderator is perfectly within his rights to take the wind out of a parcticiapnt's sails when said participant makes a direct, petulant and unfair attack on him.

Though it is a bit of a sad indictment of the other six that it is left to Pat Kenny to strike the most succint and eloquent blow of the whole debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The real LOSERS are the 40% of people that were going to vote for the FF guy in disguise in Gallagher. Those are the real losers in all of this - cannot believe how gullible the majority of people in this country are. No wonder this country is down the swanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Who's that on VB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I've five candidates firmly ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why have F.F. people got such bad memories ?
    They can't remember getting envelopes at all.
    Why do people hand over envelopes to people who can't remember getting them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Gay blew it....well before tonight imo, tonight just finished him off.

Norris made me laugh out loud - love him, just not for President..

Michaeal D. will sail through.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement