Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

K-9 wrote: »
    LOL, I can remember Lenihans "on mature recollection" interview in 1990.

So the only honourable option left is Higgins. I like it, job done tonight!

How do you feel about him supporting the upcoming referenda? I don't think he'd be supporting them if Labour weren't in power. He went down in my estimation because of that.. I always had him down as a candidate that would stand by his own ideals rather than toe the party line. I reckon I'll still vote for him though, as the others are still worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Heez talkin bout de peeple ou' dere doin de .....

HOLD UP... who's the babe?!

Nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Did my eyes deceive me, or did Mitchell refuse a handshake with McGuinness at the end... and what was Mitchell doing looking at his watch coming into the last part of the debate?

Great entertainment tbf..

Norris throwing his eyes to heaven as Dana tried for the umpteenth time to bring in the bailouts - lol

Bunch of fcukin clowns, the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

we eventually got FF out of power why are people voting to put them back into a powerful position, come on folks vote smart!

gallagher taking cheques for FF and him not even meant to be assiocated with the party with him running as an indepentant, whatever else next!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Nyom

:rolleyes: men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Nyom

Dey do do, don't dey do?

She speaks again, I'm turning on cops on camera or something on BBC3

That voice and accent is killing my ears.

Mak bring a boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Where did they get that yoke in green? Jesus.

cloneslad wrote: »
    Dey do do, don't dey do?

She speaks again, I'm turning on cops on camera or something on BBC3

Speaking about the horrible accent one, not the hottie. She can stay on.

And the childers woke up decided dat dey wanted de Nike runners an de selection boxes for de Christmas and den de people goin home dere in de pooooools of de watar.

WTF?!?

Nyom again btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Nyom

Who the one in the Green ? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think the moderator is perfectly within his rights to take the wind out of a parcticiapnt's sails when said participant makes a direct, petulant and unfair attack on him.

Though it is a bit of a sad indictment of the other six that it is left to Pat Kenny to strike the most succint and eloquent blow of the whole debate.

A moderators role is to make sure the rules of the debate are adhered to. This is a presidential debate we are talking about not some banter in a pub. He should let the questions be asked and let the participants in the debate discuss and question each other and that nobody interupts each other or goes over the time limit. A debate should be about the participants and not the moderator. The fact that so many people are talking about the moderator shows that he has failed. Look at the US presidential debates and how they are conducted. Thats how it suppose to be done. Its like watching RTE's football coverage at times. It was a pantomime, not a presidential debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

Warper wrote: »
    The real LOSERS are the 40% of people that were going to vote for the FF guy in disguise in Gallagher. Those are the real losers in all of this - cannot believe how gullible the majority of people in this country are. No wonder this country is down the swanny.

Second that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

orourkeda wrote: »
    I've five candidates firmly ruled out.

I've seven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I hope you guys are talking about Sarah McInerney - the girl in Red top, black hair.

GET EZ YER BANAAAANAAAATZZZ - FIVE FOR FIFTYYYYY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Commuuuuniiiteee Akkktavest

Morlar wrote: »
    I hope you guys are talking about Sarah McInerney - the girl in Red top, black hair.

we are but star's fantasy is the one in green, she will whisper sweet things into his ear.:D

Morlar wrote: »

Aha... a name!

*hits Google images*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Fair play to Martin McGuinness he roasted that scumbag Gallagher to a crisp tonight. He is the only man in it for me, I want McGuinness to be president but am voting for Michael D. to keep traitor scum like Gallagher away from the presidency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dvpower wrote: »
    Commuuuuniiiteee Akkktavest

Looks like her teeth are trying to escape from her head

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

How do you feel about him supporting the upcoming referenda? I don't think he'd be supporting them if Labour weren't in power. He went down in my estimation because of that.. I always had him down as a candidate that would stand by his own ideals rather than toe the party line. I reckon I'll still vote for him though, as the others are still worse.

Would be a minor point against him alright. The party whip system is a major drawback of the political system here, God be with the days when FF'ers openly opposed and revolted against it! ;)

I think all the main political parties adhere to it, I haven't seen any SF'ers openly opposing it, SF seem to have an effective whip too and they are supporting the referendum.

I've my doubts about it and McG supporting it sounds like Shinner populism.

Higgins for me just stands out as the next President.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

A moderators role is to make sure the rules of the debate are adhered to. This is a presidential debate we are talking about not some banter in a pub. He should let the questions be asked and let the participants in the debate discuss and question each other and that nobody interupts each other or goes over the time limit. A debate should be about the participants and not the moderator. The fact that so many people are talking about the moderator shows that he has failed. Look at the US presidential debates and how they are conducted. Thats how it suppose to be done. Its like watching RTE's football coverage at times. It was a pantomime, not a presidential debate.

He was perfectly entitld to respond to Mitchell's attack. He had a go and got put back in his box - if that compares poorly to the US then maybe thats because the US candidates have a better idea of how to conduct themselves than Mitchell apears to have.

Kenny was by far the best moderator out of all the debates we've had so far. Made Miriam O' Callaghan for example look awful in comparison.

de commnnnuuuuunity akkktivist doesn't even know Sean Gallagher's name. She just called him Michael.....I hope she never wrote him out a cheque, he'd have been pissed when he took that out of his envelope.

hondasam wrote: »
    we are but star's fantasy is the one in green, she will whisper sweet things into his ear.:D

I'd bleeddin luv a go of 'er gee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Why is Katherine Lynch on VB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

After tonight, kinda know my first 3 preferences, the next 3 not so sure on, and one I really dont want to give any preference too.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Looks like her teeth are trying to escape from her head

She could eat an apple through a letterbox.

irish-stew wrote: »
    After tonight, kinda know my first 3 preferences, the next 3 not so sure on, and one I really dont want to give any preference too.

:confused:

I'm voting number one only, not giving any other votes.

• Advertisement

Jaysis... that McInerney one is fookin' ride.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement