Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

irish-stew wrote: »
    After tonight, kinda know my first 3 preferences, the next 3 not so sure on, and one I really dont want to give any preference too.

:confused:

I'm the same.
    Norris, Higgins and McGuinness are top three, in that order.
    Mitchell is getting no preference at all; I won't even dignify him with a #7.

I had Gallagher at #4 previously but after tonight I'm bumping him down to #6. Which means Dana is now #5! :eek: If you'd told me a few months ago I'd put Dana ahead of two other candidates in the field, I'd have said you were crazy.

Thankfully I won't realistically have to worry about anyone below my second preference getting my vote because I think Higgins and Norris are the only two worthy of voting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Stinicker wrote: »
    McGuinness put his life on the line to fight for freedom,

Ha, you've been sucked in too!

Google 'PIRA atrocities' if you really want to know what old Marty got up to.

http://www.squidoo.com/pira

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

google "ira atrocities mcguinness" and you get 218,000 results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Shinners smell blood.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

gigino wrote: »
    I am amazed someone whose private army killed police + army in this state - and our neighbouring state - is standing for President. And some people do not mind blood on his hands. They expect someone else, when questioned on the spur of the moment, to immediately remember / know what was in all envelopes they forward on.

YES!! how could he remember what was in ALL!! those envelopes and i hope he did not get any blood on his hands when he went to collect those envelopes from mutual friends of FF & SF

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

Hey can anyone tell me what the percentages on this poll were before each reset??

to get an idea on what way it's been trending like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

K-9 wrote: »
    The Shinners smell blood.
    its seeping up from the ground where they burried the disappeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Hey can anyone tell me what the percentages on this poll were before each reset??

to get an idea on what way it's been trending like

Norris and Higgins were closely tied at the lead initially with Davis and McGuinness and Gallagher holding the middle ground and Dana and Mitchel bringing up the rear, so to speak.

Then Norris committed campaign suicide and most of his votes started going to McGuinness and Gallagher and Higgins, same for Davis' votes when she drifted out of contention, with Dana and Mitchel bringing up the rear, so to speak.

Then Gallagher took a big spurt forward to move up with Norris and with Higgins and McGuinness as front runners, with Dana and Mitchell bringing up the rear, so to speak.

And now they look like they do currently in the poll...

...from what I can remember.

(This post would have been a lot better if Norris had of been towards the bottom of the poll more frequently).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

First Gallagher couldnt remember the dinner event and who exactly was there.

Then he denied he took a cheque from one of the attendees of said dinner in which he couldnt remember who attended.

Then minutes later he could remember that this guy was a convicted fuel smuggler and is currently renting office space to Gerry Adams and that he may have taken an envelope from him!!

The man lied on live TV.

Game Over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

skelliser wrote: »
    First Gallagher couldnt remember the dinner event and who exactly was there.

Then he denied he took a cheque from one of the attendees of said dinner in which he couldnt remember who attended.

Then minutes later he could remember that this guy was a convicted fuel smuggler and is currently renting office space to Gerry Adams and that he may have taken an envelope from him!!

The man lied on live TV.

Game Over!
    A member of Sinn Fein having a pop at some one over smuggling and corruption and cronyism is rather amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

gigino wrote: »
    I am amazed someone whose private army killed police + army in this state - and our neighbouring state - is standing for President. And some people do not mind blood on his hands. They expect someone else, when questioned on the spur of the moment, to immediately remember / know what was in all envelopes they forward on.

that says it all really. When the mainstream parties are so ducked up that people start to think of SF as a credible viable alternative.

don't blame SF, blame the mainstream parties. They had their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

strobe wrote: »
    Norris and Higgins were closely tied at the lead initially with Davis and McGuinness and Gallagher holding the middle ground and Dana and Mitchel bringing up the rear, so to speak.

Then Norris committed campaign suicide and most of his votes started going to McGuinness and Gallagher and Higgins, same for Davis' votes when she drifted out of contention, with Dana and Mitchel bringing up the rear, so to speak.

Then Gallagher took a big spurt forward to move up with Norris and with Higgins and McGuinness as front runners, with Dana and Mitchell bringing up the rear, so to speak.

And now they look like they do currently in the poll...

...from what I can remember.

(This post would have been a lot better if Norris had of been towards the bottom of the poll more frequently).

It's the FG vote in the last GE that is the key.

It wont go to McGuinness, went to Gallagher and at this stage Higgins is the only option.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

KeithAFC wrote: »
    A member of Sinn Fein having a pop at some one over smuggling and corruption and cronyism is rather amazing.

who cares!
    McGuinness was never gonna win anyway.
    The plan was to make Sinn Fein more main stream in the south.
    They have now achieved that.

Either way Gallagher has serious questions to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

skelliser wrote: »
    who cares!
    McGuinness was never gonna win anyway.
    The plan was to make Sinn Fein more main stream in the south.
    They have now achieved that.

Either way Gallagher has serious questions to answer.

Have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

K-9 wrote: »
    It's the FG vote in the last GE that is the key.

It wont go to McGuinness, went to Gallagher and at this stage Higgins is the only option.

Your right. I can see Higgins coasting this on Thursday.

Have they?

yea definitely. Sure look at our poll^^^. I know loads of people voting MMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

emo72 wrote: »
    yea definitely. Sure look at our poll^^^. I know loads of people voting MMG.

I'd have thought that's where SF will be unless there's an FF comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Gallagher didn't help his cause.

Still getting my vote as he is the only candidate even vaguely suitable for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Higgins or McGuinness for me with Norris third. The rest are completely inept. Sean Gallagher has really shot himself in the foot.

FF know their name is dirt. And yet they still might get one of their own into the aras.

unbelievable that people can't see this. He is just furthering his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I haven't heard one single person as of yet that was voting Seanie that's not now, as in everyone who's saying he's finished wasn't voting for him anyway, I'm not voting for him BTW, just an observation. I want a real thoroughbred leprechaun to be president, Higgins, it'll be great for tourism.
    http://www.sceala.com/phpBB2/userpix/2_michael_d_higgins_posters_president_of_ireland_3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mullins110

President Mulqueen, sounds badass alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I cant understand how there is such a huge variance in the poll above and the one conducted by Red C or whoever it was. I dont believe those National polls, they just dont make sense, MDH will win this election. Make sure you all go out and vote now, no playing your play- box 360 or drinking Devils Bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

wheres the i cant vote, i live abroad option???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I haven't heard one single person as of yet that was voting Seanie that's not now, as in everyone who's saying he's finished wasn't voting for him anyway, I'm not voting for him BTW, just an observation. I want a real thoroughbred leprechaun to be president, Higgins, it'll be great for tourism.
    http://www.sceala.com/phpBB2/userpix/2_michael_d_higgins_posters_president_of_ireland_3.jpg

Tbh, before last night I had been toying with my concious over a few days regarding a SG vote due to his links with FF. I had been considering giving Sean a 4th preference, after last night he could be lucky for me to even put a 7 beside him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

I cant understand how there is such a huge variance in the poll above and the one conducted by Red C or whoever it was. I dont believe those National polls, they just dont make sense, MDH will win this election. Make sure you all go out and vote now, no playing your play- box 360 or drinking Devils Bit

Well according to this poll Dana is more popular than Davis, as bad as davis has come across she is in no way the worse choice out of the seven.

SG has amazingly recieved another 11 votes since last nites debate, now that is scary.

MMG was very good when that tool of a woman spoke about the Irish republic having nothing to do with NI. I felt slightly ashamed listening to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

With regard to the above poll, what people have to remember is that all political candidates usually employ agencies to log into discussion sites like this to register some sort of support for the paying customer.

Happened in the Lisbon debates and has been used increasingly since then as a PR tool. A tool that is the modern day version of planting someone in the audience of the Late Late.

Quite the debate last night though. Kenny proved his worth as a moderator that kept things going even if he's not worth much as a human being.

Gallagher kind of committed political suicide as opposed to being knifed.
    The "envelope" and "just resting in my account" remarks sealed his fate.
    MDH fared well and his laughing and joking about the attacks on his age at the end endeared him to a lot I'd say.

Dana and Mitchell were just bloody nuts...

MMG came out shooting ;) but I doubt it saved his campaign.

Mary....was she even there?

Norris was a bleedin legend and I'd say he's after getting a few more votes after the lulz he brought.

Gallagher is on Kennys radio show this morning and Matt Coopers later this afternoon. Should be interesting to see if he has any way back from this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/presidential-election/gallagher-charged-gaa-clubs-up-to-euro5000-for-grants-advice-2915300.html

Bullshyte or reality? Grassroots or insider?

"PRESIDENTIAL frontrunner Sean Gallagher charged GAA clubs in his home county of Louth as much as €5,000 to help out with applications for sports grants, the Irish Independent has learned.
    Local sources last night told the Irish Independent: "He was inside with Fianna Fail and the ministers and (he had) the inside track, he had been (Dr Rory) O'Hanlon's secretary. Once you got him to do it, you were going to get the grant.

"We weren't going to him looking for ham sandwiches, you know. There was unspoken word."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement