Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Ironé wrote: »
    LOL :D

Seriously though, people posting on facebook this morning that they don't see the big deal. It is beyond depressing.

well thats your first mistake, having facebook!:D

I know its frustrating but some people just dont join the dots. what Ireland needs is someone that connects with people who have no interest in these things presently. I would imagine alot of people who never voted or had an interest in politics in the USA voted for BO based on his appeal at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ironé wrote: »
    LOL :D

Seriously though, people posting on facebook this morning that they don't see the big deal. It is beyond depressing.

Yes indeed and when you consider that Gallagher charged G.A.A. clubs 5 grand each for form filling applications to the National Lottery and Granting Agencies it makes it worse. The figure of 5,000e seems to travel easily from his lips.

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...e-2915300.html

The man is as F.F. as you can get. He had the connections through F.F. to make sure the clubs got the grants and he got 5 grand personally for 20 hours work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Gallagher's lies eventually found out. He looked shifty during the whole debate. More like an evil genius in a Bond movie. Too many lies to his name. In no way credible. Only MD and McG emerged unscathed.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ironé

Spread wrote: »
    Gallagher's lies eventually found out. He looked shifty during the whole debate. More like an evil genius in a Bond movie. Too many lies to his name. In no way credible. Only MD and McG emerged unscathed.

I object to the word genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

billybudd wrote: »
    Am just suprised he has a bank account.

I wouldn't be surprised if he said he doesn't "recollect" having bank account. :rolleyes:

People really need to take a hard look at this guy and say to themselves, is this the guy that they want representing the country?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

People really need to take a hard look at this guy and say to themselves, is this the guy that they want representing the country?

Answers in a brown envelope to FF HQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Anyone who votes for sean gallagher is a disgrace, grubby feckin FFer. Michael D is the only one with the integrity fit for the office.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Better a 'thief' than a murderer ANY DAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How about neither? MDH may not be slick, trendy or hip to the groove but he is smart, dignified and if he has any skeletons nobody has been able to find them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

How about neither? MDH may not be slick, trendy or hip to the groove but he is smart, dignified and if he has any skeletons nobody has been able to find them yet.

QFT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That's because records only go back as far as the last 2,500 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Listening to a news report on the Sean Gallagher thing at one.

The language he used to describe the situation made me lol

He claims to be have a victim of a "political assassination" by Sinn Fein where Martin McGuinness "has pulled the trigger"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

That's because records only go back as far as the last 2,500 years.

LMAO

He did admit to smoking weed in his twenties. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

paddyandy wrote: »

Who did Michael D. murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

paddyandy wrote: »

Who murdered anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

Made up my mind. Michael D for me, Mitchell #2, Norris #3. BRING IT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

SeaFields wrote: »
    Listening to a news report on the Sean Gallagher thing at one.

The language he used to describe the situation made me lol

He claims to be have a victim of a "political assassination" by Sinn Fein where Martin McGuinness "has pulled the trigger"

Some Shinner planted a political bomb on Twitter!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Oh dear. Sean Gallagher was supposed to be interviewed on Northern Sound this afternoon (Cavan/Monaghan radio station) but he has apparently pulled out. Presenter says he's not answering his phone. I'm sure the word 'cowardly' will be thrown in his general direction if he doesn't have a decent excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Should we have one last poll reset, in light of the recent gallagher revelations?

(I have a real problem saying that last word, keep saying "relavations" :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Should we have one last poll reset, in light of the recent gallagher revelations?

(I have a real problem saying that last word, keep saying "relavations" :o)
    A reset tomorrow morning is probably the most prudent. The moratorium starts then, so most people will have made their minds up. You never know what kind of "revelations" someone may decide to release today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

If we do get the poll reset again can we add an option for : I can't vote as I don't live in Ireland anymore. But I would like the vote extended to the diaspora for future elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

Pighead wrote: »
    Oh dear. Sean Gallagher was supposed to be interviewed on Northern Sound this afternoon (Cavan/Monaghan radio station) but he has apparently pulled out. Presenter says he's not answering his phone. I'm sure the word 'cowardly' will be thrown in his general direction if he doesn't have a decent excuse.

No doubt him and his fianna fail cronies are frantically working on a damage limitation/sympathy vote strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Deedsie wrote: »
    If we do get the poll reset again can we add an option for : I can't vote as I don't live in Ireland anymore. But I would like the vote extended to the diaspora for future elections.

Sounds like another thread, not another poll option

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

thankfully, rte have the debate up on the website and its available worldwide, so i can watch gallagher in all his glory when i finish work.

he'll probably still get up to 20% of the vote - a sad indictment of the people of ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Anyone who votes for sean gallagher is a disgrace, grubby feckin FFer.

brb - voting for sean gallagher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

LMAO

He did admit to smoking weed in his twenties. :D

I think he meant in the twenties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Surprised SG turned up for the Matt Cooper interview, surely he can only be caught out further.

He seems to have very scripted answers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

not only is he ducking interviews but his facebook page is deleting VALID question and criticism and blocking people from replys

SG is a joke and anyone that feels the same should let him and his supporters so

http://www.facebook.com/seangallagherforpresident?sk=wall

give him hell kids :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

cloneslad wrote: »
    Surprised SG turned up for the Matt Cooper interview, surely he can only be caught out further.

He seems to have very scripted answers though.

Apparently, this was recorded staright after the PK show this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

dj jarvis wrote: »
    not only is he ducking interviews but his facebook page is deleting VALID question and criticism and blocking people from replys

SG is a joke and anyone that feels the same should let him and his supporters so

http://www.facebook.com/seangallagherforpresident?sk=wall

give him hell kids :-)

Having great fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement