Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Cant believe (insert_vote_number) people are voting for (insert_nonprefered_candidate). No wonder Ireland is (insert_joeduffymoanerstyle_irelandgoingdowntubes_comment).

Here's hoping you all live in basment flats tonight.

Great/terrible comment.
    Completely agree/disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dj jarvis wrote: »
    not only is he ducking interviews but his facebook page is deleting VALID question and criticism and blocking people from replys

SG is a joke and anyone that feels the same should let him and his supporters so

http://www.facebook.com/seangallagherforpresident?sk=wall

give him hell kids :-)

One of the comments on the page -
    i notice that all the anti gallagher people are not offering an alternative.sean gallagher has not killed anyone

You know things are bad when that's the level of defense that his supporters are affording him :D Ah sure he hasn't killed anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

For me the greatest trick and scam in all of this presidential election campaign is that Fianna Fail actually succeeded in convincing a hell of a lot of people, lets call them morons for now that they actually had no candidate running in the campaign.

They done the Hokey Cokey in full knowledge that Gallagher was running to fool the morons. 40% and topped the poll in papers at the weekend.

One wonders about the actual long term future of the nation when you see the likes of that.

Someone should save us from ourselves, well and truly. France, Germany or the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

bleg wrote: »
    Having great fun!

I could do this all day....

AND I WILL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm currently trying to work out how to use my PR vote the best. After last night MMcG, Micky D, and Norris, are in my top 3 (Order to be decided). Dana, Mary D, and Gay, I dislike equally, and really have no idea what order to put them in, none of them I particulary want to see in the Arus. Sean has droped to No 7, he might not even get the 7 written beside him. Any ideas on the last possible transfers, will it even reach a 4th count?

Ah decisions decisions.

The referendum is a lot simpler decision.

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'm currently trying to work out how to use my PR vote the best. After last night MMcG, Micky D, and Norris, are in my top 3 (Order to be decided). Dana, Mary D, and Gay, I dislike equally, and really have no idea what order to put them in, none of them I particulary want to see in the Arus. Sean has droped to No 7, he might not even get the 7 written beside him. Any ideas on the last possible transfers, will it even reach a 4th count?

Ah decisions decisions.

The referendum is a lot simpler decision.

It really is like the CAO Form - put them down in YOUR order of preference. Don't try and second guess what others will do or how the counts will go.

Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

anyone hear the statement from mr. morgan on the last word??

edit...thanks gambiaman.
    Gallagher, you slippery lying twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hugh Morgan statement
    Updated: 16:58, Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Statement on behald of Hugh Morgan of Hugh Morgan Fuels

I wish to clarify and set the record straight in relation to the dealings I had with Sean Gallagher which resulted in my attendance at a Fianna Fail fundraiser in the Crown Plaza Hotel, Dundalk, on the 1st July 2008.
    Sean Gallagher , who I had never met previous to this, contacted me by phone. He first phoned me on the 6th June 2008 and invited me to attend the above fundraiser. In the course of the call he requested a donation of €5,000.00 for Fianna Fail. He advised me that this type of fundraising would replace the annual Galway Tent Fundraiser. In return for the €5,000.00 donation I was promised a private audience with the Taoiseach and I would get a photograph taken with him.
    He told me that the Taoiseach would give an up-date on the economy in the South which in his words was 'beginning to wobble'
    On the 9th June he again phoned me to confirm my attendance . I confirmed that I would attend and was prepared to give the donation he requested. He left two mobile phone numbers for me to contact him on these numbers are 0878293028 and 0879763122.
    On the 27th June Sean Gallagher visited my business premises at Killean, County Armagh. I wrote a cheque for €5,000.00 and gave it to him personally. The cheque number is 13014. I still have the stub of the cheque , This payment is declared in my Company accounts and was cleared through my bank on the 1st July 2008.
    I then attended the fundraiser which was also attended by other businessmen from South Armagh, North Louth and across the Northeast. Sean Gallagher greeted the guests on arrival and directed us to the room at the top of the Hotel where the fundraiser was held.
    Brian Cowen gave a speech on the economy and predicted a soft landing. At the end of the night Sean Gallagher introduced me to Brian Cowen and facilitated a photograph to be taken of myself and him. Approximately one week later Sean Gallagher called back to my business and gave me the photograph.
    It is a fact that approximately fourteen years ago I was convicted of tax evasion in relation to fuel smuggling in Northern Ireland. As a consequence to that, I have repaid the Exchequer and paid a substantial fine. I was never investigated by CAB or any other agency in the Republic.
    Since that time I have developed a successful international business known as Morgan Fuels.
    I employ over eighty people in Ireland ,both North and South. I have business interests in Ireland , Britan and Europe and the Morgan Fuel card can be used up to 4,000 service stations in fourteen countries across Europe.I am also the official sponsor of the Armagh County teams of the GAA.

It really is like the CAO Form - put them down in YOUR order of preference. Don't try and second guess what others will do or how the counts will go.

Am I wrong?

Thats fair enough, but when you dislike/like 2 or more equally, then what.

:D

• Advertisement

SG has absolutely denied collecting a cheque on Hook right now. He is repeating this over and over as I think this program has been pre-recorded, Hook hasn't got Morgan's statement
    Gallagher has cancelled all media appointments.
    Morgan's statement came just before 17:00 saying SG visited him twice, once to collect the cheque.

I've never done a runner George, says Gallagher who then does a runner cancelling all media appts this evening in Kilkenny and Waterford.

Fianna Fail type smoke and mirrors and cowardice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Michael D to win.

For example, even the most hardened republican will go to the booth thinking "Right, Martin's getting my number ! for damn sure!"

They will peruse the ballot, find Martin McGuinness's photo and mark it with 1.

However, they will see Michael Twee's picture and think "Awwwww bless him!" and put a "2" against him. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

"Backdoor FF candidate in typical FF-head behavior shocker, news at 11."

Nicely timed by the Terrorist Party candidate.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Thats fair enough, but when you dislike/like 2 or more equally, then what.

:D

Why would you vote for anyone you disliked???????? That doesn't make sense. You're not obliged to fill the ballot paper from 1 - 7.

If you like two candidates equally then you need to be an adult and make a choice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

"Backdoor FF candidate in typical FF-head behavior shocker, news at 11."

Nicely timed by the Terrorist Party candidate.

nicely timed or not - they were right and caught him out good and proper

thank god he was found out before the election

this coming out after would have been a disaster for Ireland internationally
    wh have enough on our plate with out SG/FF ****ing it up more

Now will the FF voting plebs see that they should NEVER EVER hold public office in ireland again - shame on anyone who does vote for either him or FF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

gambiaman wrote: »
    Hugh Morgan statement
    Updated: 16:58, Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Statement on behald of Hugh Morgan of Hugh Morgan Fuels

I wish to clarify and set the record straight in relation to the dealings I had with Sean Gallagher which resulted in my attendance at a Fianna Fail fundraiser in the Crown Plaza Hotel, Dundalk, on the 1st July 2008.
    Sean Gallagher , who I had never met previous to this, contacted me by phone. He first phoned me on the 6th June 2008 and invited me to attend the above fundraiser. In the course of the call he requested a donation of €5,000.00 for Fianna Fail. He advised me that this type of fundraising would replace the annual Galway Tent Fundraiser. In return for the €5,000.00 donation I was promised a private audience with the Taoiseach and I would get a photograph taken with him.
    He told me that the Taoiseach would give an up-date on the economy in the South which in his words was 'beginning to wobble'
    On the 9th June he again phoned me to confirm my attendance . I confirmed that I would attend and was prepared to give the donation he requested. He left two mobile phone numbers for me to contact him on these numbers are 0878293028 and 0879763122.
    On the 27th June Sean Gallagher visited my business premises at Killean, County Armagh. I wrote a cheque for €5,000.00 and gave it to him personally. The cheque number is 13014. I still have the stub of the cheque , This payment is declared in my Company accounts and was cleared through my bank on the 1st July 2008.
    I then attended the fundraiser which was also attended by other businessmen from South Armagh, North Louth and across the Northeast. Sean Gallagher greeted the guests on arrival and directed us to the room at the top of the Hotel where the fundraiser was held.
    Brian Cowen gave a speech on the economy and predicted a soft landing. At the end of the night Sean Gallagher introduced me to Brian Cowen and facilitated a photograph to be taken of myself and him. Approximately one week later Sean Gallagher called back to my business and gave me the photograph.
    It is a fact that approximately fourteen years ago I was convicted of tax evasion in relation to fuel smuggling in Northern Ireland. As a consequence to that, I have repaid the Exchequer and paid a substantial fine. I was never investigated by CAB or any other agency in the Republic.
    Since that time I have developed a successful international business known as Morgan Fuels.
    I employ over eighty people in Ireland ,both North and South. I have business interests in Ireland , Britan and Europe and the Morgan Fuel card can be used up to 4,000 service stations in fourteen countries across Europe.I am also the official sponsor of the Armagh County teams of the GAA.

I love the way he gets in an advert for the Armagh GAA at the end there :) I think that's salt in the wounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Morlar wrote: »
    I love the way he gets in an advert for the Armagh GAA at the end there :) I think that's salt in the wounds.

So what exactly did Gallagher do wrong now? Seems to me that this kind of gets him off the hook, that he was telling the truth somewhat.

Why would you vote for anyone you disliked???????? That doesn't make sense. You're not obliged to fill the ballot paper from 1 - 7.

If you like two candidates equally then you need to be an adult and make a choice :rolleyes:

It does make sence. Mark one against the person you like the most, and 7 against the person you dislike the most.

:p

If it goes to a 5th, 6th, or 7th count, your preferences, if you have marked them still counts. Thats why they recomend you mark to ballot with all your prefences if possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

It's a sad bunch really.

-The Joycean scholar who tried to use his position to help out his buddies.
    -The brassnecked former terrorist who has made a fine art out of denial
    -The stereotypical Celtic Tiger dodgy businessman who fooled the electorate into loving him by being "de lad off de telly"
    -The FG head who is utterly unlikeable, even to members of his own party
    -The nice old man who has become the least worst candidate by default but will probably die of old age a fortnight into his term
    -The religious, ex-celebrity nutcase who seeks to win by being everyone's mammy
    -Mary Davis :confused:

AFAIK, Gallagher is on 6.1 news today. Live.

• Advertisement

It's a sad bunch really.

-The Joycean scholar who tried to use his position to help out his buddies.
    -The brassnecked former terrorist who has made a fine art out of denial
    -The stereotypical Celtic Tiger dodgy businessman who fooled the electorate into loving him by being "de lad off de telly"
    -The FG head who is utterly unlikeable, even to members of his own party
    -The nice old man who has become the least worst candidate by default but will probably die of old age a fortnight into his term
    -The religious, ex-celebrity nutcase who seeks to win by being everyone's mammy
    -Mary Davis :confused:

"The quiet religious guy who end up going crazy...." (Simpsons)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Who the hell is still voting for Sean in this poll, it defies belief. :mad:

Can we reset the poll???

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nolls14

"The quiet religious guy who end up going crazy...." (Simpsons)

That's a Lolz from me. Very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

So what exactly did Gallagher do wrong now? Seems to me that this kind of gets him off the hook, that he was telling the truth somewhat.

He was working as a bag man for FF's long running bribe extraction campaign on local businessmen and has the cheek to pretend he is not a FF'er.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

After watching Frontline last night, I am now going to vote for Sean Gallagher. Thank you Martin for helping me to make up my mind for definite!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nolls14

The stereotypical Celtic Tiger dodgy businessman who fooled the electorate into loving him by being "de lad off de telly"

Wasn't he one of the Fantastic Four first though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

For a guy that has built his campaign on the basis that he is independent this shows that up to very recently he was collecting large sums of money for the party who are attributed to have failed the country and, as it seems for the statement released by that Morgan guy, he had personal access to Cowan.

Doesn't strike me as being too independent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

suitseir wrote: »
    After watching Frontline last night, I am now going to vote for Sean Gallagher. Thank you Martin for helping me to make up my mind for definite!!!

Maybe he could make that his campaign slogan.

"Sean Gallagher - Vote for me, the bad man told my secret and now I'm sad."

Very presidential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

suitseir wrote: »

But, but... That doesn't make any sense?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Deedsie wrote: »
    But, but... That doesn't make any sense?

If you don't feed it, it should go away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement