Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

cloneslad wrote: »
    It needs to be deep so he can hide all those cheques down there.

I'll still vote him. Seems the most honest of the bunch. As for those fcuking Shinners:mad: - the sheer brass neck of them. Good luck Sean. I sincerely hope you do it on Thursday.:D

Dont get me wrong, i dont want to see gallagher as president, dont really fancy any of them to be honest. But this whole cheque thing is a major storm in a tea cup, no?

Yep. He was a member of FF - so what? At least he didn't murder anyone.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

But he never claimed that he was never a member of ff :confused:
    He isnt running as a ff'er, but he freely admits he was once a member. Whats the big deal?

How about soliciting cash for access to the Taoiseach its the thing that's been wrong with our country and the only way we can get away from this is by punishing those who championed this style of politics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Dont get me wrong, i dont want to see gallagher as president, dont really fancy any of them to be honest. But this whole cheque thing is a major storm in a tea cup, no?

Depends on how you look at it, is he honest or not, he should have said he did fund raise for FF.
    He should not have left it to MMG to confront him with it on live TV and then deny it only to admit yes there might have been an envelope.
    Typical FF policies, he probably has FF advising him in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Freddie59 wrote: »
    I'll still vote him. Seems the most honest of the bunch. As for those fcuking Shinners:mad: - the sheer brass neck of them. Good luck Sean. I sincerely hope you do it on Thursday.:D
    Freddie59 wrote: »
    Yep. He was a member of FF - so what? At least he didn't murder anyone.;)

Neither did Dana, give her your vote.

I'll be voting for Michael D. Higgins. I only made up my mind after watching last night's debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Really hope people realised Gallaghers true colours from last night. Once a FF, always a white collar criminal.

I have never ever voted Sinn Fein in my life but Mcguinness has won my number 1(I'm even shocked to say that)

I really will give up on this country if people vote Gallagher in.

Is there anymore polls to be released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

hondasam wrote: »
    He must be gutted to see it slip through his fingers, nearly feel sorry for him.

Didn't let the cheque slip through his fingers though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Storm in a teacup? Not when you judge it against the party that he was collecting the money for in the first place which he lied about. People are a bit anzty about Fianna Fail and dodgy dealings associated with them. I have no idea why.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Gallagher left FF as soon he decided to make a run for the office. I would have respected him as a candidate if he had stayed with the party and ran under the FF banner. Instead he cowarded his way out, lying about the extent of his involvement with the party, fleeing the stricken vessel like the proverbial rat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

All i can say is thank god for SF and thought i'd never say that. To think Gallagher came within a few days of making the top job in the park is scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It is to a large degree, it's his handling of it that made it far worse.
    cosanostra wrote: »
    How about soliciting cash for access to the Taoiseach its the thing that's been wrong with our country and the only way we can get away from this is by punishing those who championed this style of politics!

FG were at the same thing recently, SF use every available support to get funds, all parties use it to a degree.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Really hope people realised Gallaghers true colours from last night. Once a FF, always a white collar criminal.

I have never ever voted Sinn Fein in my life but Mcguinness has won my number 1(I'm even shocked to say that)

Do you really want to vote in someone who refuses to condemn the murders of a housewife a a member of An Garda Siochana?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Reset the POLL !!!

thank god for SF
    :eek::eek::eek:

:pac: . . . .. :eek::eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

"Yeah, thank God that Fianna Fail-er was shown up to be a Fianna Fail-er.

Now i'm going to vote for a terrorist :pac:"

Seeing as how the Sitiyation has changed, I think a poll re-set would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Morlar wrote: »
    Reset the POLL !!!

Not happening, at least for the time being. Only got reset sunday.

KeithM89 wrote: »

So, Is it a brown envelope ye'd be after ?

Seriously, I think last nights /Today's developments would warrant a re-set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Does it matter, there is only tomorrow left to decide. we should all have our minds made up at this point.
    saying that I have never voted in any of the polls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

It may get reset tomorrow night, or the morning of the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I would say Gallagher is absolutely truly pis*ed are MMG right now.

"Yeah, thank God that Fianna Fail-er was shown up to be a Fianna Fail-er.

Now i'm going to vote for a terrorist :pac:"

No. I'm voting for him for the things he has done for the north and the peace and prosperity he has brought there.

I am 100% aware of his dealings with the IRA. Alot of people seem to forget that the womans son was a member of the RIRA(or so reports say) so there could be more to the story.Obiously, it is still a horrible thing to happen.

What he done for the North was amazing and no one can deny that.

Again, I have to emphasize that I never voted Sinn Fein in my life. Infact, I hated them aswell, especially for their ties with IRA and the underline racism alot of their supporters. I was always left leaning in my voting (Ind/Socalist/Labour).

It is these debates that won me over. I like his ideas and he has held himself very well.

Your more than welcome to vote for someone who is just a re-hash of our previous government(Remember how that worked out?)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

MMG is pissed with us right now, the pup in the front row last night who didn't think he was Irish and Rte trying again today to get him to call one particular death a murder which happened durning the troubles.
    He stood up for all of us last night, he might not win but hopefully saved us from ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Your more than welcome to vote for someone who is just a re-hash of our previous government(Remember how that worked out?)

You mean the FG/Lab coalition so?

I do echo the opinions that the poll should be reset. I think alot of people would of been swayed last night to different candidates(myself included)

Altough I did read Sean Gallagher runs boards and asks for threads to be deleted about him. (that's a joke incase a mod gets a bit angry with that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

KeithM89 wrote: »

"Maybe this might change your mind."

*slides plump brown envelope across table*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

MMG is pissed with us right now, the pup in the front row last night who didn't think he was Irish and Rte trying again today to get him to call one particular death a murder which happened durning the troubles.
    He stood up for all of us last night, he might not win but hopefully saved us from ourselves.

He certainly didn't stand up for or speak for me! As Norris said, I'd have more respect for McG if he actually told the truth.

And his claim re the need to protect children would be laughable if it weren't so serious - his gang had no issues with turning quite a few children into orphans, or even corpses.

Not to mention his non-issue with certain "fundraising" in the past which included murdering Gardai.

Two-faced hypocritical double-standards all the way - if you genuinely (i.e. not party political point-scoring) object to SG then there's no way you could vote for McG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

reset please, last night's debate changed everything
    except that nobody's gonna vote for Dana

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

why should anyone be all that surprised that a businessman with close links to Fianna Fail is a bit economical with the truth, or even corrupt
    My only concern is that so many people had planned to vote for such a candidate to be the nations president in the first place :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement