Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

why should anyone be all that surprised that a businessman with close links to Fianna Fail is a bit economical with the truth, or even corrupt
    My only concern is that so many people had planned to vote for such a candidate to be the nations president in the first place :pac:

I don't think most people - including myself - were aware of his Fianna Fail links. Prior to the campaign, he was just "yer man off the Dragon's Den".

The candidates keep banging on about the media dragging up dirt about them, but I'm glad they did - they're actually doing a good job & have shown up Norris & Gallagher for what they are.

If you can't stand up to scrutiny, then they shouldn't be in the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I don't think most people - including myself - were aware of his Fianna Fail links. Prior to the campaign, he was just "yer man off the Dragon's Den".

The candidates keep banging on about the media dragging up dirt about them, but I'm glad they did - they're actually doing a good job & have shown up Norris & Gallagher for what they are.

same here did not know he was FF or ex FF same difference imo.
    I think Michael D has it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

id say that polls about right, but id swap the stats for mcguiness and gallagher.

after the last 2 days, this elections is going to michael d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

When can we do the vote with the transfers (So my norris vote can go to michael d)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

efb wrote: »
    When can we do the vote with the transfers (So my norris vote can go to michael d)

Vote DN 1 then MDH 2 and so on .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

hondasam wrote: »

Seems pretty likely alright.

...out of curiosity, you still voting for Dana, Sam?

strobe wrote: »
    Seems pretty likely alright.

...out of curiosity, you still voting for Dana, Sam?

Nope, started with dana, then considered Gallagher but Michael D was always up there for me.
    When I seen dana on the debates I thought she was a bit fragile tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I'll be voting for Dana. Just for craic :pac:

DANA NO 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'll be voting for Dana. Just for craic :pac:

DANA NO 1!

Jesus, don't say that! People are so unimpressed with all the candidates that an ironic "let's vote Dana in for the laugh" campaign launched in the last week has every single possibility of working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

realies wrote: »
    Vote DN 1 then MDH 2 and so on .

I know how to vote! I mean do the preferences on boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,164 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sean Gallagher can't answer a simple question.

He is a bluffer and I rather see anybody, but a FF in there at minute.

What people see in him I don't know. If people think he the best and most honest then ye believe anything.

strobe wrote: »
    Jesus, don't say that! People are so unimpressed with all the candidates that an ironic "let's vote Dana in for the laugh" campaign launched in the last week has every single possibility of working.

:P At least if she puts her foot in her mouth we won't be able to hear it :pac:

Michael D has this one in the bag I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

First election I have ZERO interest in :(

efb wrote: »
    I know how to vote! I mean do the preferences on boards

:o:o sorry ;) You cant do preferences on this board poll.

hondasam wrote: »
    same here did not know he was FF or ex FF same difference imo.

Cheeses lads/lassys its being in the politics thread for ages about his FF links.

realies wrote: »
    Cheeses lads/lassys its being in the politics thread for ages about his FF links.

I don't go there, those people scare me. I knew about it before last night btw and I'm sure star did also.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

If the people of Ireland vote Sean Gallagher as President we may have to come to terms with the fact that Father Ted was a documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

why should anyone be all that surprised that a businessman with close links to Fianna Fail is a bit economical with the truth, or even corrupt
    My only concern is that so many people had planned to vote for such a candidate to be the nations president in the first place :pac:

+1

not a chance would i give that "cute hoor" Gallagher a vote, i don't like any of them to be honest Higgins is the best of a very bad bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

The boards poll is interesting. Is it becasue Michael D is more popular among younger people? (making the assumption that boards poll is made up of younger voters)
    Then Sean G lead the national poll (up to today anyway) would assume its the older crowd voting for him , unless im missing something :confused:

• Advertisement

The boards poll is interesting. Is it becasue Michael D is more popular among younger people? (making the assumption that boards poll is made up of younger voters)
    Then Sean G lead the national poll (up to today anyway) would assume its the older crowd voting for him , unless im missing something :confused:

Not necessarily. There's quite a mix of ages here on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

People prob think if they vote Sean Gallagher in the property market will take off again and we'll all be back in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ironé

If the people of Ireland vote Sean Gallagher as President we may have to come to terms with the fact that Father Ted was a documentary.

LOL :D

I'm just reading through posts here and the man is still in with a good chance. I cannot understand it - what on earth do people see in him? How can anyone support him after all this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Not necessarily. There's quite a mix of ages here on boards.

I know theres a mix but the majority are under 40 I think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Ironé wrote: »

I'm just reading through posts here and the man is still in with a good chance. I cannot understand it - what on earth do people see in him? How can anyone support him after all this?

He's toast. I've spoke to several idiots in work today who where voting for him up until last night and now they realise he's FF through and through and would'nt give him even their number 7 vote. He's done.

I know theres a mix but the majority are under 40 I think ?

True enough, yeah. Most recent poll I could find: here

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

His vote on the poll here has gone up about 35% since last night. I'm not sure if that's because more people have been reading the thread since then, but I wouldn't count on it just being that in any case. I reckon some people will vote for him because they either feel sorry for him or don't like the idea of McGuinness being the one to scupper somebody else's chances.

I wouldn't write him off at all tbh. People have shown in the past that they don't always base their decisions on what is best for the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ironé

He's toast. I've spoke to several idiots in work today who where voting for him up until last night and now they realise he's FF through and through and would'nt give him even their number 7 vote. He's done.

I really hope you're right. Thursday will be interesting! It could be very tight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 GFJD

After this....?? lol. comedy gold
    just skip to 6:20 for immediate laughter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement