Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Presidential Election Thread **POLL RESET 23/10**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Get Rid Of Vincent Browne.......................

Keep Mario Rosentock :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OJJ5q1_5jX8

This is something I found on youtube. Michael D's final speech in the dail. Where he speaks of the failure of our republic and pretty much suggesting a second republic.

This is what we need. The whole constitution of ireland needs to be scraped and we need to start afresh on a second republic.

It's scandalous whats happening honouring the gravy train payouts and pensions at the expense of everybody here in the land but especially and this is just my opinion children with specials needs where they are hit twice:
    1) health - crumlin cutbacks
    And 2) education - SNA cutbacks

Can Michael D deliver this as president?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Je t'aime Vincent Brown.

Was there some kind of kerfuffle with ivana bacik there ? missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Just Bacik being Bacik. Misdirecting, waffling and not giving straight answers. I think she is smart and tough though. She'd be good if she wasn't so unlikeable. Stubborn and never willing to give any ground.

bleg wrote: »
    Just Bacik being Bacik. Misdirecting, waffling and not giving straight answers. I think she is smart and tough though. She'd be good if she wasn't so unlikeable. Stubborn and never willing to give any ground.

ok, Cheers, What were the questions she wouldn't answer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

Dobson called Sean Gallagher a bag man a few times. That was gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Was thinking of voting martin mcguiness lads. Does he have a chance of winning this election on Thursday ? I haven't been Reading the projected polls of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

ricero wrote: »
    Was thinking of voting martin mcguiness lads. Does he have a chance of winning this election on Thursday ? I haven't been Reading the projected polls of late

He has no chance of winning.

It depends. There are no accurate polls since last evenings revelations and the transfer situation is totally uncharted territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It would take an annihilation of Gallagher's vote and for it all to go to McGuinness.

Morlar is still hoping though! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricero viewpost.gif

He has no chance of winning.
    user_offline.gifreport.gif quote.gif
    That dosn't matter,chance of winning or no chance of winning does not matter.In a democratic country you can vote for whom you want so vote away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Of course he's a chance despite what the media like to tell us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

One thing the Pat Kenny fiasco did for me was to make my mind up. I'm voting Sean Gallagher No 1. I'd take his word any day over a criminals, or the IRA. Another thing is, he did nothing illegal or untoward. Mc Guiness was part of a murdering group of people. The only other nasty people in this presidential election were the media, who were really disgraceful in the way they covered everything, especially their invasion into peoples lives. I was more than surprised that one or other of Mrs Robinson or Mrs MC Eleese didn't ask them to have some simple manners and decorum. Their so called profession has been very badly tarnished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

headmaster wrote: »
    One thing the Pat Kenny fiasco did for me was to make my mind up. I'm voting Sean Gallagher No 1. I'd take his word any day over a criminals, or the IRA. Another thing is, he did nothing illegal or untoward. Mc Guiness was part of a murdering group of people. The only other nasty people in this presidential election were the media, who were really disgraceful in the way they covered everything, especially their invasion into peoples lives. I was more than surprised that one or other of Mrs Robinson or Mrs MC Eleese didn't ask them to have some simple manners and decorum. Their so called profession has been very badly tarnished.

So you have no problem with the fact that he lied on national tv?

You do realise that FF have also confirmed it so its not just the word of ' criminals, or the IRA'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

One thing the Pat Kenny fiasco did for me was to make my mind up. I'm voting Sean Gallagher No 1. I'd take his word any day over a criminals, or the IRA.
    What were Sean Gallaghers words exactly?
    Another thing is, he did nothing illegal or untoward.

A lot of people would disagree with you on the untoward part of that statement.
    Mc Guiness was part of a murdering group of people.
    And.............
    The only other nasty people in this presidential election were the media, who were really disgraceful in the way they covered everything, especially their invasion into peoples lives. I was more than surprised that one or other of Mrs Robinson or Mrs MC Eleese didn't ask them to have some simple manners and decorum. Their so called profession has been very badly tarnished.

Would you not rather know about the presidential candidates and what type of people they are like, or how were you planning on judging who to vote for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm voting for Micky D now. Dana's too nuts, Norris is too annoying, Gallagher is too odd, Davis and Mitchell are non-existent and I've probably forgotten someone who is not important enough to be remembered.

Oh yeah, McGuinness. Kaboom, 'nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Confab wrote: »
    I'm voting for Micky D now. Dana's too nuts, Norris is too annoying, Gallagher is too odd, Davis and Mitchell are non-existent and I've probably forgotten someone who is not important enough to be remembered.

*edit: Damn you and your quick editing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

But the thing is its not just between Sean Gallagher and Martin McGuiness. You don't have to vote for either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

bleg wrote: »

//Shudder

Bacik's support is one reason I won't be voting Michael D No. 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

//Shudder

Bacik's support is one reason I won't be voting Michael D No. 1.

That's intelligent and reasoned. It's the President for god's sake, it's not Political.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Another thing is, he did nothing illegal or untoward.

A vote for Gallagher is a wasted vote.

He's continually lied and changed his story, things have moved quickly over the past couple of days, maybe you have had difficulty keeping up.
    It looks like you're letting your emotions and hatred for McGuinness get in the way of clear and rational thinking.
    Gallagher has got a pretty easy ride over the entire campaign. Giving your No.1 to a candidate simply because the media ran a few stories on them is idiotic logic. Gallagher would be way down the list btw, you would have to put the likes of McGuinness, Norris and even Dana in front of him.

Luckily the majority of people now see Gallagher for what he is. There is no witch-hunt, it's politics. This would follow Gallagher into to Aras and for the rest of his presidency resulting in a wasted vote for the people who were fooled by him.

We let Bertie Ahern get away, don't let Bertie Ahern II get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Make your mind up? Your mind was made up a long long time a go.

I'm voting Sean Gallagher No 1. I'd take his word any day over a criminals, or the IRA. Another thing is, he did nothing illegal or untoward.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/presidential-election/how-candidate-has-changed-his-story-on-dinner-donations-2915976.html
    Independent.ie
    How candidate has changed his story on dinner donations

By Fionnan Sheahan
    Wednesday October 26 2011

Wednesday

SEAN Gallagher's spokesman confirms to the Irish Independent he contacted a number of his business friends to invite them to attend the dinner, but insists he did not solicit donations.

"Sean Gallagher did attend the event in question. He was not requested to donate nor did he, either before, during or after the event, make a donation in a personal capacity or a corporate donation. At no point did he actively solicit any donations."

Fianna Fail confirms to the Irish Independent the €5,000- a-head fundraiser, which was never previously publicised, was held. "Yes, we organised a dinner in Louth in 2008. We organised it to help defray the cost of the 2007 general election. All of the donations are recorded and reported in line with regulations."

Thursday

Mr Gallagher plays down his role in the event saying he had been responding to a request by Fianna Fail headquarters and he had not asked any of the guests for money.

"No I didn't. I was asked if I would let local business people know that the event was on, which I did. But I collected no money."

"And of those who turned up, I have no idea whether they made a donation or not. That would be solely a matter for Fianna Fail."

Monday

Mr Gallagher again insists he "invited perhaps three or four" and denies he collected a cheque for €5,000 from a businessman who attended the event. "That is not correct," he said.

Mr Gallagher then concedes he may have collected a cheque from the donor. " If he gave me an envelope. . . If he gave me the cheque it was made out to Fianna Fail headquarters and it was delivered and that was that.

"It had nothing to do with me."

Yesterday

Mr Gallagher admits he did ask for donations. "What I was asked to say was there was a level of up to €5,000," he added.

Mr Gallagher also admits he invited people he didn't know. "I asked a number of businesspeople in the area did they want to attend and one of them obviously recommended Mr Morgan as somebody who might like to attend."

- Fionnan Sheahan

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

Fianna fail are alive and still open for business, cash in hand if possible.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

We saw the rise of the Drug Problem in Ireland from it's Infancy to the present Epidemic rate under the Watchful eyes of the IRA and Sinn Fein who understood the problem well but did little more than a token effort to deal with the devastation of lives and families both sides of the border.They knew well the importance of staying on the side of the young involved in drugs and crime to support their habits and to play the 'deprived' card all the way.To patronise reckless behaviour is to hold favour with them and this they did while playing the game in the divide while working class estates degenerated to a stage where Sinn Fein played the Role of Good Cop to them.They became local Decision Makers in Housing and facilities and the game goes on today.We'll find out in the next few days how many of us understood what is really going on in Ireland not to mention all their other shadowy ways.
    Sinn Fein/IRA HAD the Power and the Means to deal with the Problems but chose the Crafty Route on a street of coffins to an assumed Messianic Role in the South.....Well that is'nt gong to happen this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Gallagher is a spoofer through and through. If he becomes president of this country it will tell us the kind of people we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

paddyandy wrote: »
    We saw the rise of the Drug Problem in Ireland from it's Infancy to the present Epidemic rate under the Watchful eyes of the IRA and Sinn Fein who understood the problem well but did little more than a token effort to deal with the devastation of lives and families both sides of the border.They knew well the importance of staying on the side of the young involved in drugs and crime to support their habits and to play the 'deprived' card all the way.To patronise reckless behaviour is to hold favour with them and this they did while playing the game in the divide while working class estates degenerated to a stage where Sinn Fein played the Role of Good Cop to them.They became local Decision Makers in Housing and facilities and the game goes on today.We'll find out in the next few days how many of us understood what is really going on in Ireland not to mention all their other shadowy ways.
    Sinn Fein/IRA HAD the Power and the Means to deal with the Problems but chose the Crafty Route on a street of coffins to an assumed Messianic Role in the South.....Well that is'nt gong to happen this time.

So the IRA runs the drug trade, would you mind going down to crumlin/driminiagh and asking the same question. Then you'll find out who really runs the drug trade.
    Prohibition is the problem here making perfectly law abiding people into criminals.
    Just for the record Martin McGuinness doesn't even drink so i'd say his view of drugs is pretty no nonsense.

Gay Mitchell wants to free the weed in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Jeesus! Yis aren't actually going to have Higgins as the president, he looks like some wee troll out of Lord of the Rings - you'll never live it down;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Madam wrote: »
    Jeesus! Yis aren't actually going to have Higgins as the president, he looks like some wee troll out of Lord of the Rings - you'll never live it down;)

Who'd ye prefer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement