Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire Borough Darts League 2011/12 - General Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Tonights Monday predictions
    Bakers v McKennas Bakers win
    Enniskerry v Noggin Noggin win
    Farm v Lough Lough win
    Igo v Gallops Igo win
    Ryans v TassieA TassieA win
    TassieB v Bray Draw
    Weirs v McDonaghs Weirs win

Tonights predictions
    Bray v Enniskerry
    Fitzys v Bakers
    Lough v Gallops
    McDonaghs v Silver Tassie B
    Mckennas v Ryans
    Noggin v Igo
    Tassie A v Weirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

thedivil wrote: »
    Tonights predictions
    Bray v Enniskerry
    Fitzys v Bakers
    Lough v Gallops
    McDonaghs v Silver Tassie B
    Mckennas v Ryans
    Noggin v Igo
    Tassie A v Weirs
    You've just relegated mcdonaghs!!!!

Sorry McDonaghs but yous will prob prove me wrong.Good luck tonight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 freddykrueger

i believe the roads to rathnew were closed this morning there was s.h.i.t all the way down and sick all the way back and everyone is outside bakers getting a bath after buckets of tears..

• Advertisement

HaHa Freddy.
    We actually took our loss very well.It was nice to be talked about every week since our season started shows teams feared playing us.Just have a look at the league table and then say that we are a **** team.Every captain in their speeches said what a great young team we have and we would be fighting for the league.
    Get back into your boiler room Freddy

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Best Double On The Board ???

***** CONGRATULATIONS *****

Well done to BHFC for coming out on top of the Monday Night League this term. It was a long hard fought out season with 3 teams still in with a chance going into the last game. In the end 1 point was enough to seperate the top 2 with the team in 3rd just a further point behind in the end the title was decided by those tight draws though out the year, Each of the top 4 teams only losing 2 games all season.
    It was a great season all round and each team from the TOP to the BOTTOM deserve a pat on the back for playing their part in making the season as good as it was. Fair play to all involed and roll on next season and we'll do it all again

Looks like Bakers dozen will be Bakers half dozen with players giving up the game:(

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

who are ye losing clive?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Boycie Gar Murphy And my old Man are giving it up because of work totally understandable with rumours of ben fitz going tuesday night.

• Advertisement

With a bit of luck we can get a few new faces in.maybe treble3 and freddy kreuger will sign up:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Boycie Gar Murphy And my old Man are giving it up because of work totally understandable with rumours of ben fitz going tuesday night.
    I think ben will end up staying monday

SILVER TASSIE SINGLES LEAGUE

This is the perfect way to warm up for the start of the Borough League.
    The Tassie singles league.

Open to 16 player.
    Prize fund of €1140!!

The league will run for 8 Wednesday nights with a finals night the week after.
    €40 entry fee. (can be paid over a few weeks).

Format
    each wednesday you will play 2 matches of best of 6. (first to 4 for a win or 3-3 for a draw).

Top 4 ranked players after the league matches will play off for the main prize while the rest of the players will play for a smaller prize.

To enter or for details, contact me on 0863610893.

Places are expected to fill up fast. We will start this wednesday if we have the 16 players.

Its been advertised o FB aswel and there are only 6 places left!!

mackeire wrote: »
    SILVER TASSIE SINGLES LEAGUE

This is the perfect way to warm up for the start of the Borough League.
    The Tassie singles league.

Open to 16 player.
    Prize fund of €1140!!

The league will run for 8 Wednesday nights with a finals night the week after.
    €40 entry fee. (can be paid over a few weeks).

Format
    each wednesday you will play 2 matches of best of 6. (first to 4 for a win or 3-3 for a draw).

Top 4 ranked players after the league matches will play off for the main prize while the rest of the players will play for a smaller prize.

To enter or for details, contact me on 0863610893.

Places are expected to fill up fast. We will start this wednesday if we have the 16 players.

Its been advertised o FB aswel and there are only 6 places left!!
    full now, best of luck to the 16 lads taking part

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Best Double On The Board ???

Who are the 16 lads taking part ???

Was going to enter but away on holidays means missing for atleast 2 wednesdays

Who are the 16 lads taking part ???

Was going to enter but away on holidays means missing for atleast 2 wednesdays
    i wont name the 16 lads here but they are 16 of the finest throwers from the borough (well 15 and me). so it should be a very high standard and competitive league. and because of the high standard, i reckon everyone who's taking part in this will be full of confidence after it and will have a good season with their league teams.

there is one player who will miss 2 weeks in a row so we've made allowances for this. he's gonna have some of the games that he'll be away for already played and have back matches when he returns so we're trying to look after everyone who entered. so you could have got in and we would have worked around the nights that you'll be away.

we're also going to work around the igo 3 man and mick connors doubles comp. if lads are due to play in either of those comps, then they can take a week off from the league if they need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

Hi all and was wondering do all 16 players play a match in the same pub on the same night or are the games spread around different pubs every Wednesday nite ? If on 2nite what pub is it in cos I'd pop over 4 a look as I've no game later . Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tonmachine

Hi all and was wondering do all 16 players play a match in the same pub on the same night or are the games spread around different pubs every Wednesday nite ? If on 2nite what pub is it in cos I'd pop over 4 a look as I've no game later . Cheers

its on in the tassie every week

tonmachine wrote: »

its on in the tassie every week
    Thanks 4 that . Cheers

did you see any of the matches? there was some serious darts thrown!!

our matches next week start at 9 and there will be 16 matches in total.

• Advertisement

did you see any of the matches? there was some serious darts thrown!!

our matches next week start at 9 and there will be 16 matches in total.
    Would have loved 2 get over last nite but no joy as 1 of the kids was sick and shouldn't have told the mrs I'd no match cos it gave her an excuse 2 whinge at me 4 going out when I didn't have 2 Blah blah blah .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

So whats the story with this super league idea i have heard is going to be brought up at the AGM, anyone have any opinion on it?

Double Top wrote: »
    So whats the story with this super league idea i have heard is going to be brought up at the AGM, anyone have any opinion on it?
    great idea but what way will the money be split?
    you couldnt have the winners of the tuesday league (division 3) getting the same as the winners of the monday league (division 1).

also, the monday night singles champ only getting 225 was a bit bad. maybe charge everybody a 5er to play in the singles and doubles. bring the prize fund up to a respectable prize!
    i think around 140 lads entered the monday singles last year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Double Top wrote: »

Haven't heard about this D.T. what's it about?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Haven't heard about this D.T. what's it about?

a few people were mentioning about splitting the monday night into 2 divisions, top 8 are DIV 1 and bottom 8 are Div 2, i think there more to it but thats the jist of it

great idea but what way will the money be split?
    you couldnt have the winners of the tuesday league (division 3) getting the same as the winners of the monday league (division 1).

also, the monday night singles champ only getting 225 was a bit bad. maybe charge everybody a 5er to play in the singles and doubles. bring the prize fund up to a respectable prize!
    i think around 140 lads entered the monday singles last year.

wasnt talking about the money side was talking about the idea of it, why is it that when ever anything is mentioned about changes in darts it always comes back to money

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

Don't think money will be giving out for winning the division 1a, I'd say it will just be a trophy because you don't get money for finishing 9th as it is now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭joecoyne

Any Borough League player who wants to enter The Ladbrokes Irish Darts Championship can do by do so by contacting Clifford Doyle rather than posting the entry to me ,hope to see more of the Borough League players come to this tournament as it will surely bring up the standard of this competition

• Registered Users Posts: 15 homers mate

Don't think money will be giving out for winning the division 1a, I'd say it will just be a trophy because you don't get money for finishing 9th as it is now!!
    wat i seen last yrear i dont think there are 16 decent players in the mondsay nite so just leave as it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

wat i seen last yrear i dont think there are 16 decent players in the mondsay nite so just leave as it was

I could name you 16 that capable of beating anyone but then I'd offend a lot more for not naming them!! So that's just a ridiculous statement!! It's not a singles tournament in anyway it's a team game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement