Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire Borough Darts League 2011/12 - General Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 homers mate

Dicie wrote: »
    Correct marc is a proper dart player. Big loss to any tea when you have someone of that standard leave to go elsewhere.
    i like him as a bloke but hes like most darts players just out of nappies the heads getting to big for the body plus hes gone to a good bunch of lads so best of luck to him and the tassie

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

i like him as a bloke but hes like most darts players just out of nappies the heads getting to big for the body plus hes gone to a good bunch of lads so best of luck to him and the tassie

Just goes to show johnson&johnson works just out of nappies im 33 thanks mate hahaha most people would have said i have a big head for years im not having a go mate i know theres better players than me in the league and a good few i dont think iv ever talked myself up mate and if i did im sorry thats not my style im just looking forward to playing darts down in the tassie and having a laugh with a good bunch of lads and best of luck to the lough lads while im at it sound bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

Is it really worth winning the singles because marc has and most people are slating him for doing so!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Is it really worth winning the singles because marc has and most people are slating him for doing so!!

"Some" people dont like winners.

Its an irish thing. Which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tonmachine

less than a week to the start of the league and i believe a team has already pulled out of the monday. can anybody confirm this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The AGM was only a couple of weeks ago, how can they have pulled out already?

Who is the team you think have pulled out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Kingp35 wrote: »

It is more than likely farmhouse, they're struggling for players at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tonmachine

Kingp35 wrote: »

the second lough inn team

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭podge180

is it still 14 teams in the tuesday any predictions for the tuesday league ?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

In the Monday league, team no. 1 Lough Inn red have pulled out of the league, so no.1 now becomes a free week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 pabloexcabar

hawaii501 wrote: »
    It is more than likely farmhouse, they're struggling for players at the moment

Talking to one of the farmblue players today he told me he gone thats four gone now that I know off from the team that finished playing with a pool of Nine players at the end of last season:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dingdong180

best of look to all the lads in mc donaghs tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Talking to one of the farmblue players today he told me he gone thats four gone now that I know off from the team that finished playing with a pool of Nine players at the end of last season:(:(
    Who is staying on Pablo?

Was talking to a few players last night and they said there will be just the bear 8 with a potential of 5 more signings to be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Was talking to a few players last night and they said there will be just the bear 8 with a potential of 5 more signings to be sorted out.

hope they get the 5 wouldnt like to see them drop out or struggle to have the 8 every week

The lough pulled out lack of players and Byrnes pulled out from last year because they couldn't field a team, why dont the committee ring both captains and see if they would be interested in joining up and playing out of one of the pubs!!

The lough pulled out lack of players and Byrnes pulled out from last year because they couldn't field a team, why dont the committee ring both captains and see if they would be interested in joining up and playing out of one of the pubs!!

think most of byrnes have gone to tassie tuesday but thats a very good idea

Double Top wrote: »

think most of byrnes have gone to tassie tuesday but thats a very good idea
    Think only Donal and Chris signed for tassie. Ya still have the likes of Ste knight, Ste wright, paul o Carroll, skinny etc... that all played out of the lough before so they know the lads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fluffypussy

y dont u go on the committee its easy to sit on this and say do this do that i believe the agm was on last week y did u not go on the committee if u have all these great suggestions i think the lads on the committee have it hard enough without the likes of u coming on here saying do this and do that well theres always next year u can go on the committee then:(:(:(:(:(

y dont u go on the committee its easy to sit on this and say do this do that i believe the agm was on last week y did u not go on the committee if u have all these great suggestions i think the lads on the committee have it hard enough without the likes of u coming on here saying do this and do that well theres always next year u can go on the committee then:(:(:(:(:(
    It wouldn't have mattered if I was on the committee because the team pulled out after the AGM, brains!!!
    I'm not having a go at the committee so take a chill pill, a team pulled out and one dropped out from last year I'm trying to come up with a solution to have a full fixture list!! Do you play Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

If they dont form a team together,there is alot of good players up for grabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scouser22

O.T.B. was trying to come up with a soloution to the teams pulling out of the league after the agm you should defo be put of this site for incitement or just for stupidity.. and we know what the committee do and fair play to them thank god your not on it....:mad:

scouser22 wrote: »
    O.T.B. was trying to come up with a soloution to the teams pulling out of the league after the agm you should defo be put of this site for incitement or just for stupidity.. and we know what the committee do and fair play to them thank god your not on it....:mad:
    Is there anyone on here that can hold a good discussion, I won't get sucked into childish crap!

Yeah Clive if they don't form up there's a few players to be had alright!

Is there anyone on here that can hold a good discussion, I won't get sucked into childish crap!

Yeah Clive if they don't form up there's a few players to be had alright!

donal and chris are gone tassie tuesday, skinny and keith are gone lough tuesday
    ste wright is looking for a team and has had some offers from teams, very handy player whoever snaps him up.

only players i havnt heard about are ste knight and mark byrne but i'd say they'll be snapped up soon aswell

Double Top wrote: »
    donal and chris are gone tassie tuesday, skinny and keith are gone lough tuesday
    ste wright is looking for a team and has had some offers from teams, very handy player whoever snaps him up.

only players i havnt heard about are ste knight and mark byrne but i'd say they'll be snapped up soon aswell
    Ste Knight is signing for Ramblers Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 robbie180

was down in the darts academy in shankill village lookin great and there is a few lads in playin so great darts throwin OPEN FOR BUSINESS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tooler23

robbie180 wrote: »
    was down in the darts academy in shankill village lookin great and there is a few lads in playin so great darts throwin OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    thanks rob i was hoping of the board haha, ya lads its a great set up, good place for a bit of practice against other lads,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Havent been on here in ages because of the absolute crap been spouted by a number of people.Did the Lough not pull out of the league last season too ? Just an idea and before the same people have a go and say whhy didnt you go to the agm or go on the commitee,its only a suggestion.Would it not be better for teams to have their players signed before the agm, then you would know if teams can fufill their fixtures for the coming season.If a team hasnt got enough players signed up to the agm well then they can not enter a team in the league.As said the agm was only a couple of weeks ago so teams should be fully aware by now of who their signing or not.And the reason i wasnt at the agm is living in Gorey and not getting home from work till after 7 doesnt make it easy to attend.

paulcorr wrote: »
    Havent been on here in ages because of the absolute crap been spouted by a number of people.Did the Lough not pull out of the league last season too ? Just an idea and before the same people have a go and say whhy didnt you go to the agm or go on the commitee,its only a suggestion.Would it not be better for teams to have their players signed before the agm, then you would know if teams can fufill their fixtures for the coming season.If a team hasnt got enough players signed up to the agm well then they can not enter a team in the league.As said the agm was only a couple of weeks ago so teams should be fully aware by now of who their signing or not.And the reason i wasnt at the agm is living in Gorey and not getting home from work till after 7 doesnt make it easy to attend.

o'donoghue and fitz pulled out last season, lough B moved to micky byrnes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tooler23

paulcorr wrote: »

the lough did not pull out of the league last season paul they moved up to byrnes, i agree with ya about the new teams its stupid they put a team in if they dont have enough players

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement