Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire Borough Darts League 2011/12 - General Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

tooler23 wrote: »
    the lough did not pull out of the league last season paul they moved up to byrnes, i agree with ya about the new teams its stupid they put a team in if they dont have enough players

Was there not ment to be another lough team last year too cant remember your mans name that was to start it,his father been playing for the lough tuesday for years.I think the fixtures shouldnt be released till all the teams are known nothing worse than having free weeks during the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SUPERGRASS1

paulcorr wrote: »
    Was there not ment to be another lough team last year too cant remember your mans name that was to start it,his father been playing for the lough tuesday for years.I think the fixtures shouldnt be released till all the teams are known nothing worse than having free weeks during the season.

You have an answer for everthing why is it bothering you are you playing this year or just half a season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SUPERGRASS1

The lough pulled out lack of players and Byrnes pulled out from last year because they couldn't field a team, why dont the committee ring both captains and see if they would be interested in joining up and playing out of one of the pubs!!

Thats the worst idea i have ever heard hahahaha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You have an answer for everthing why is it bothering you are you playing this year or just half a season
    Thats the worst idea i have ever heard hahahaha

EDIT Actually I am trying to clean this place up and both of your posts above are blatant trolling and trying to wind someone up. It's clear you will contribute nothing good to the forum.

User Banned for two weeks

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Edit

Been ignoring it for the last number of months came on to try make a suggestion and ask a question,thats me finished on this darts forum if its going to be taken over by the likes of the people only looking to wind everyone up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tonmachine

tooler23 wrote: »
    the lough did not pull out of the league last season paul they moved up to byrnes, i agree with ya about the new teams its stupid they put a team in if they dont have enough players

your right paul it was a tuesday team they got put in but dont think they played one game

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

League starts tomorrow can't wait here's my predictions for the first week...

Farm v bakers - bakers
    Fitzpatricks v ryans - fitzpatricks
    Mckennas v eagles - draw
    Tassie A v tassie B - tassie A
    Mcdonnaghs v enniskerry - Ennis"
    Bhfc v igo - bhfc
    Noggin v gallops - noggin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Farm v bakers - bakers
    Mckennas v eagles - draw
    Mcdonnaghs v enniskerry - draw
    Bhfc v igo - bhfc
    Noggin v gallops - draw

thats my predictions cant wait to get back into the league

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭podge180

Silver Tassie B v Silver Tassie A (tassie a)
    Igo Inn v Dicey Reillys (igo)
    Golden Ball v Lough Inn (lough)
    Enniskerry v Balally Inn (bally)
    Farmhouse v Magic Carpet (draw)
    Kynes Corner v Robbins (draw)
    Gallops v Ramblers Rest (draw)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭podge180

robbie180 wrote: »
    was down in the darts academy in shankill village lookin great and there is a few lads in playin so great darts throwin OPEN FOR BUSINESS

were is that robbie ?

• Advertisement

podge180 wrote: »
    were is that robbie ?

above the butchers, theres a thread about it on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

podge180 wrote: »
    Silver Tassie B v Silver Tassie A (tassie a)
    Igo Inn v Dicey Reillys (igo)
    Golden Ball v Lough Inn (lough)
    Enniskerry v Balally Inn (bally)
    Farmhouse v Magic Carpet (draw)
    Kynes Corner v Robbins (draw)
    Gallops v Ramblers Rest (draw)

Dicey, Lough, Balally, Magic Carpet, Robbins and Ramblers

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Farmhouse v bakers - bakers
    Mckennas v eagles - Eagles
    Tassie A v tassie B - Tassie A
    Mcdonaghs v enniskerry - Ennis"
    Bhfc v igo - bhfc
    Noggin v gallops - Noggin

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Dicey, Lough, Balally, Magic Carpet, Robbins and Ramblers

going against your own team for shame :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thetrebisback

League starts tomorrow can't wait here's my predictions for the first week...

Farm v bakers - bakers
    Mckennas v eagles - draw
    Mcdonnaghs v enniskerry - Ennis"
    Bhfc v igo - bhfc
    Noggin v gallops - noggin
    this weeks fixtures are as predictable as taylor playing dolan last night easy who is going to win the league i think fitz will stroll in:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Best Double On The Board ???

With the Lough Inn not playing chance for everyone else to get points on the board

Framhouse v Bakers - Hear Farm struggling team wise So should be 2 points for .... Bakers

Fitzpatricks v Ryans - Hear Fitzs have lost players from their Div2 winning side and Ryans are a bit of the unknown .... Fitzs Win home advantage

McKennas v Eagles - not the worst start for McKennas but think The Eagles should have enough to bring home the points

Tassie A v Tassie B - In house Riv Tassie A making some new signning to help push that bit further this year and the points tonight to stay .... with Tassie A in this derby

McDonaghs v Enniskerry - Enniskerry under pressure to repeat last years fine season ..... McDonaghs may just share the points here ???

BHFC v Igo Innn - Bray had good season last year just falling away towards the end but rumours of new signning ..... BHFC to take the points here

Noggin Inn v The Gallops - Nogging wanting to be in the title hunt again this season along with 1 or 2 new signnings be to strong this evening for The Gallops ...... Noggin Win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BrayMoneyBags

fair play to bray fishermen club the first borough league club to (pay) a player aka(mick kane)free drink lift to and from darts all i can say is they are a nice bunch of lads up there put your going up week in week out paying your subs and someone else is drinking it and certain to play every week.Everything use to be smooth up there but this is taking the pi ss :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 PARTYBOY8U

Dont know whos worse the player or the team its a joke if true they have a good team without doing something like that he told people he was playing in the igo this year hard to think a few pints would turn his head

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jlx

fair play to bray fishermen club the first borough league club to (pay) a player aka(mick kane)free drink lift to and from darts all i can say is they are a nice bunch of lads up there put your going up week in week out paying your subs and someone else is drinking it and certain to play every week.Everything use to be smooth up there but this is taking the pi ss :mad::mad::mad:
    as treasurer for this dart team i can assure you that this is not true, NO ONE gets free drink or any type of payement from the subs.

jlx wrote: »
    as treasurer for this dart team i can assure you that this is not true, NO ONE gets free drink or any type of payement from the subs.
    Ha Ha pull the other one bud id call it inside info we will leave it at that i feel so sorry the lads paying the subs for him to drink it :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Funny that as I spoke to Mick last night when he was leaving to walk to train station so the lift didn't last long, and if not mistaken seen him buy a drink too, that's all dribble that someone's started spouting around,

wayne76 wrote: »
    Funny that as I spoke to Mick last night when he was leaving to walk to train station so the lift didn't last long, and if not mistaken seen him buy a drink too, that's all dribble that someone's started spouting around,
    ah bud u know he wud drink that in ten mins there is a contract:mad::mad::mad::mad:

wayne76 wrote: »

That wont last long all the walking to and from train stations cant see mick keeping that up for long you know him aswell as anyone hes not going well out of his way for nothing

PARTYBOY8U wrote: »
    That wont last long all the walking to and from train stations cant see mick keeping that up for long you know him aswell as anyone hes not going well out of his way for nothing

Maybe he is going out of his way to play darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bazm

i can assure you all that nobody gets payed to play darts for bray fishing club do you really think were that stupid rumors are great its down to jealousy and bitterness with in the league you lot are worse than women any player that is playing for the fishing club is playing because they want to no other reason

Maybe he is going out of his way to play darts.

Read a post from you that said you were done on here yet here you are like your darts i guess it takes age's to get rid of them

PARTYBOY8U wrote: »
    Read a post from you that said you were done on here yet here you are like your darts i guess it takes age's to get rid of them

Good one ha ha. I was asked to change my mind about not posting anymore.
    And any decent dart player on here would know what i have gone through with dartitis and wouldnt post smart comments about it.And even with dartitis im sure people who know me will still feel im a decent player. Because they know who i am unlike you who nobody knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Is this the bitching thread or the league discussion thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

So Bray are the new Man City of the Boro league. :D Cant see Mr Joyce (honest as the day is long) letting a few quid a week slip thru his fingers.

Hopefully bray give it a good go this year, they fell away towards the end last season and missed the strenght in depth towards the back end, with some silly dropped points against teams that the top teams where beating.

But thats darts, of course you will get some others that try and stir the pot, but im sure Barry "The Mouth" Murphy can sort them out easily enough, and keep them all happy on the panel.

best of luck to them, a good bunch of lads (and barry aswell) they deserve a bit of a run. Good luck aswell to Enniskerry even you Deano. (scooby duby dooooo):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

has any home team called a walkover yet for the away team arriving late?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement