Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Its km's but its still above 200miles when converted.

UK miles or US miles? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Any spins that were entered manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Plastik wrote: »
    Any spins that were entered manually?

Nope. Some were set on private, but I made them public to see if that changed it but didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Does your Base mile distance total at the end of every day? As my total this month is over 200, but its still saying 190miles in the Base mile section.

Any of them trainer sessions? it doesn't add them into the totals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Turbo/roller miles all counted in the base mile totals so that's not it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I contacted support they sorted it out. :)
    Their reply:
    I'm not sure what was wrong - I refreshed your challenge results and now they are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Who the **** has marked the Embankment climb as hazardous!?

http://app.strava.com/segments/670686

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

buffalo wrote: »

I would imagine someone intended to mark a ride as dodgy because of unrealistic speeds set in the segment but pressed the report button in the segment rather than ride

If it's genuinely safe just re-plot it

Beasty wrote: »
    I would imagine someone intended to mark a ride as dodgy because of unrealistic speeds set in the segment but pressed the report button in the segment rather than ride

If it's genuinely safe just re-plot it

Already done sir - http://app.strava.com/segments/3371064

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Must be broken, says I am 13th and I know that is not right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

CramCycle wrote: »
    Must be broken, says I am 13th and I know that is not right.

And I've gone from being in the top 50 to 6th, without even having to ride it again, class! :p

colm_gti wrote: »
    And I've gone from being in the top 50 to 6th, without even having to ride it again, class! :p

I haven't gotten a notification that the leaderboard has been fully re-compiled. Those last ten times must be good ones!

Old: Ridden 1395 Times By 397 People

New: Ridden 1385 Times By 397 People

Or my GPS markers might be slightly different from the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alanjgalbraith

Ok, I logged a ticket with Strava, and flag is now removed

Thanks for reporting this. You're correct. It appears the segment had been accidentally flagged by someone who intended to flag the ride with a false time and not the actual segment. I removed the flag.

Cheers,
    Travis
    Strava Support Team

Is there any way of comparing your best 1km, 2km, 5km etc times for running like there is for segments, I can't seem to figure it out...

... running ...

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

Is there any way of comparing your best 1km, 2km, 5km etc times for running like there is for segments, I can't seem to figure it out...
    Get yourself a bike and head up Mount Taranaki, then you can compare your segments. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Yes. Set up the segments the same way as for cycling. it will calculate your best times. It does for me anyway.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We've got just the place for the likes of CM and LD - I'm sure you'll be welcome with open arms ...

We've got just the place for the likes of CM and LD - I'm sure you'll be welcome with open arms ...

Just cos I did one duathlon last week doesn't me a duathlete make!

I'm doing another in three weeks. That might!

........and man bras and knee socks...

• Advertisement

... knew you'd like the place;)

GreyEagle wrote: »
    Get yourself a bike and head up Mount Taranaki, then you can compare your segments. :rolleyes:
    been there, done that :)
    http://app.strava.com/activities/29793515#521042056
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Yes. Set up the segments the same way as for cycling. it will calculate your best times. It does for me anyway.

that doesn't compare 5km done anywhere with anywhere else though, just the same stretch of road.
    I'm talking about the "best efforts" listings you get
    colm_gti wrote:
    :confused:
    you know, it's like cycling but without the bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

been there, done that :)
    http://app.strava.com/activities/29793515#521042056

Well done! It looks like one helluva climb. I guessed NP, NI, NZ might not be too far away from the mountain.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Wonder will this kind of publicity in the sunday times start the demise of Strava?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

More sensational "reporting" really. Not sure it will start the downfall of strava. Some parts of the media love to hate cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Wonder will this kind of publicity in the sunday times start the demise of Strava?

Ben Lowe, who was interviewed for the article in the ST has a good rebuttal of it here.

http://veloviewer.com/blog/41mph-the-evidence-against-the-sunday-times-article/

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

tbh its probably easiest if the majority just flag the segments with traffic lights as dangerous. Possibly also those inner city routes with high traffic. If somebody wants to measure a commute segment then it could be kept private. I probably need to calm my own commuting down a bit, but that should not be blamed on Strava, I am the one on the bike.

I do think it's pretty disgraceful ....

... that Lance is still allowed to set and retain KOMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

I do think it's pretty disgraceful ....

... that Lance is still allowed to set and retain KOMs.

Well fear not because his strava account has been shut down. It's unclear whether Lance or strava shut it down.
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/125154

• Advertisement

I've recently noticed a lot of people have a 'Team: ' link under their profile picture....had a look around the settings etc. and can't find such an option. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Advertisement