Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

daragh_ wrote: »
    Which segment?

http://app.strava.com/segments/3962733

The other segment finishes quite close to the roundabout so slowing down is a must, which in turn affects the average speed + time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

bazermc wrote: »
    Apologies for the extremely newbie questions, but

who actually comes up with the segments on Strava?

I do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Brad768 wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 500. Ability to faciliate Heart rate monitor and cadence sensor, great battery life, great customizability and very steady mounts included. It would also be the gps choice of the majority of pro riders.
    Thank you Brad.

Regarding the GPS units again. I was searching through and found mostly positive reviews of the Edge 500, however it is quite an expensive piece of kit.

Did any of you come across this GPS computer ? It looks small enough, on paper is similar to the Garmin device, but a good bit cheaper. What am I missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Seweryn wrote: »
    Thank you Brad.

Regarding the GPS units again. I was searching through and found mostly positive reviews of the Edge 500, however it is quite an expensive piece of kit.

Did any of you come across [URL=" GPS computer[/URL] ? It looks small enough, on paper is similar to the Garmin device, but a good bit cheaper. What am I missing here?

I have only experience with the 500. But here's a review of that Cateye you should probably have a look at.

http://bikeblogordie.blogspot.ie/2013/04/product-review-annoying-new-cateye.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

What am I missing here?

It's not a garmin....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Seriously though, I went through all the motions of looking for a cheaper option than the Edge 500, and ended up with a Bryton Rider 35. It was a steal at €200 for the full bundle with cadence, speed and HR, back when edge 500's were still selling for €250+

I could never get the cadence sensor to work, and after 2 months of regular enough use, both my laptops, my home computer and any other computer I plugged it into wouldn't recognise it. Couldn't get my recorded rides off it, couldn't charge it. To top that, brytonsport was a shocking platform to upload it onto, and you had to upload it, export the gps file and upload to strava manually.

I returned it, got my money back and bought an edge 500, roughly 12 months on it's still working fine, cadence/speed sensor and HR strap included.

Conclusion, go with what's tried and tested unless you're getting it for free...

colm_gti wrote: »
    It's not a garmin....
    That is an obvious fact Colm, but the technical facts and feedback from users are more important to me than the make of the unit ;).

colm_gti wrote: »
    Conclusion, go with what's tried and tested unless you're getting it for free...
    Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

why hasn't this ride:
    http://app.strava.com/activities/51710592

picked up this segment?
    http://app.strava.com/segments/3868100

is it because the segment is on the wrong side of the N11?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Because you went up the sliproad and the segment stays on the main road? Use satellite view and you can get in a bit closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

Have you considered one of the reconditioned Edge 500 units that Wiggle are selling? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-noh-edge-500/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

cantalach wrote: »
    Have you considered one of the reconditioned Edge 500 units that Wiggle are selling? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-noh-edge-500/
    Or Handtec

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My Ireland strava map from jonathanokeefe.com

252547.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Argh, who added another Stocking Lane segment? There's probably three segments which are almost the same as this.

http://app.strava.com/segments/984248

Also, why are there so many Cruagh road segments, and WTF is a Olmpapagtesi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

My Ireland strava map from jonathanokeefe.com

Captain Havoc

How did you do that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

bazermc wrote: »
    Captain Havoc

How did you do that?

on the webpage he linked to...put in your strava numeric id and it will do the same for yours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

mossym wrote: »
    on the webpage he linked to...put in your strava numeric id and it will do the same for yours

Sorry I missed that.

Just tried it now - very cool to see the roads I cycle and the roads I dont cycle enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I like that site. Here's my one.
    252796.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sure while we are all at it:

Rides%20on%20Strava.jpg

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    Sure while we are all at it:

Which direction was the flight between Dublin and Cork?
    :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Which direction was the flight between Dublin and Cork?
    :)

ET to the rescue :pac:

In all seriousness though it was the train. I paused it when I arrived in Heuston, and pressed start in Cork but it decided I jumped the intermediate distance, I have since learned to stop and reset.

Hmm..don't think mine came out right..

ua0vzxl.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Had to switch to the iphone after the garmin battery ran out, when I got it charged again it filled in the space with a red line.

252821.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

If someone makes a segment that stops at the wrong place, can you get Strava to fix it to the right start/end point? Someone did one near my home that goes on for about 250m over the brow of the hill (or am I being pedantic? :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Zyzz wrote: »
    Hmm..don't think mine came out right..

Looks like bicycle ballet :)

ror_74 wrote: »
    No. That's not what it looks like.

I don't mean to sound like a knob but..

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Posted at 3:30 yesterday and not 1 nutcracker joke...ah lads...

• Advertisement

Posted at 3:30 yesterday and not 1 nutcracker joke...ah lads...

Think people are just taking the mickey..

..or are just nuts..

:pac:

Advertisement