Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Has every/any body got the offer of the 30 day free premium trial?

Got mine and signed up.

Kinda thought my ranking would shoot up once I entered my age / weight into the leaderboard (let's just say I'm not a 65KG 20-year old ;) ). It didn't. No top ranking for me regardless of age / weight comparisons.

Aside from (potentially) making yourself look better by taking your circumstances into account on the leaderboard, what does Strava Premium offer? I know you can set goals, but that doesn't sound too exciting.

I think the free version gives me everything I need ...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

route66 wrote: »
    Kinda thought my ranking would shoot up once I entered my age / weight into the leaderboard (let's just say I'm not a 65KG 20-year old ;) ). It didn't. ...
    Does that mean everyone ahead of you is already older and heavier? :confused:

I often wondered about the value of the premium Strava especially when I see 50kg whippets, half my age passing me on climbs. Perhaps it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Does that mean everyone ahead of you is already older and heavier? :confused:

I often wondered about the value of the premium Strava especially when I see 50kg whippets, half my age passing me on climbs. Perhaps it's not worth it.

Dunno, maybe it means age/weight are not the handicap I was, eh, hoping for ;)

I don't think it's worth it. In fact (whisper it) I think the free version probably gives away too much ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Did the Tour of Louth and uploaded my ride to Strava. Noticed later on that someone made a "segment" for the whole Tour of Louth :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Anyway to fix an errant GPS file? Think I nailed a KOM I've been after for a while but the GPS signal is a bit funky and looks like I was mountain biking through the field beside it instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

chakattack wrote: »
    Anyway to fix an errant GPS file? Think I nailed a KOM I've been after for a while but the GPS signal is a bit funky and looks like I was mountain biking through the field beside it instead.

Always happens to me when I beat Ryan Sherlock's KOM's..pesky corrupt files :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

chakattack wrote: »

You can upload it to ridewithgps.com - the upload process fixes any corruptions - then export it to the PC. Manually upload the exported file to strava or copy it onto the Garmin replacing the corrupt one, and upload as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

LeftBlank wrote: »
    Did the Tour of Louth and uploaded my ride to Strava. Noticed later on that someone made a "segment" for the whole Tour of Louth :rolleyes:

What's wrong with that? People do that all the time for races and sportives all over the country. Easiest way to see who (on Strava) went around fastest!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Waiting to fly off the first page of the June Doggle once all the WW200s are uploaded.

EDIT: it's already happened.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Managed to bag my first KOM on the last 17k of the W200 from Newcastle, thanks to those beasts from North TIpp CC (think that's the name of the club) who set a ferocious pace over the last run into Greystones

• Advertisement

Waiting to fly off the first page of the June Doggle once all the WW200s are uploaded.

The overall first page or the "By Country" one?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Boards.ie club one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Got an uh-oh email this morning for a 5km TT segment. Someone apparently put nearly three minutes into my time, which was a mere four seconds ahead of Sherlock's.

Went to have a closer look, and somebody else had already flagged the ride. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I lost my favourite KOM at the weekend :-( The Phoenix Park loop - http://app.strava.com/segments/1821622

And not only that but by seconds! Damn you Gavin Noble!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

cycled to work friday, had put in a long training week, my second highest mileage total ever in a week, and after pushing hard on the way in to work said i would spin home easy. then on way home knew i was coming up on a segment, so decided to have a go. about a third of the way in was feeling the legs, didn't think i was going fast enough, so sat up and spun it handy to the end

get home, upload few days worth of rides, to see i got 2nd fastest time that segment, was surprised, but was royally annoyed to see i missed the KOM by 1 lousy second, all i had to do was keep going and i'd have had it easily.

lost another KOM yesterday just to compound the misery, so will have to go get the two of them now..:)

It's pretty cool being slow, you don't have to worry about KOMs

Boards.ie club one.
    Ah I see.

I've managed to stay very close to the top despite not doing the W200! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

When I go onto a segment I tend check the results for the 'boards.ie' club expecting to have a relatively good placing..forgetting who is at the top..

..Ryan f*cking Sherlock :mad:

Getting my good bike back tmrw..if the weather is anyway decent Im going KOM hunting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

If
    A: you're a premium member,
    B: you use strava on Android and
    C: like the bleeding edge,

I give you realtime segments and friends on the road.

https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/21856600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

nilhg wrote: »
    If
    A: you're a premium member,
    B: you use strava on Android and
    C: like the bleeding edge,

I give you realtime segments and friends on the road.

https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/21856600

Would be a million times more awesome if they could connect to the new garmin 510s too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mossym wrote: »

lost another KOM yesterday just to compound the misery, so will have to go get the two of them now..:)

one back. have to get the mountain bike back for the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Would be a million times more awesome if they could connect to the new garmin 510s too.

That does seem to be where it's going, personally I think it won't be too long till we start seeing cycling GPS devices based on android with a built in GSM sim, look at where the camera industry seem to be heading.

Maybe there will be a Garmin 520 "strava live" edition coming soon.

nilhg wrote: »

Maybe there will be a Garmin 520 "strava live" edition coming soon.

I doubt that would happen offically, unless Garmin bought Strava. Garmin Connect pretty much competes with Strava. Although Strava have definitely driven Garmin 500 sales.

I imagine it will be initially started by someone like those who started veloviewer and raceshape. And perhaps slowly taken up.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

My first KOM on this spin, a decent from Bellewstown Hill, towards Balbriggan Road(R 132), wet roads made the sharp turns hairy! Lets see how long I keep it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Does putting my distance from spinning class count towards my miles on Strava. I know they won't "officially" count towards achievements but do you guys upload them as private miles to keep count of the distance you done this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Anybody having issues with Strava the last few days?

The Garmin upload page and activity details pages are gone bananas on me, it's like there's a CSS sheet missing. Everything is in Times New Roman and the Save button is missing when the activities upload.

I managed to get around by uploading the FIT files directly but still couldn't edit the details to name the ride or choose a pair of shoes for my run.

Happening with Chrome and IE, also happening on my girlfriend's PC with her account.

hardCopy wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with Strava the last few days?

The Garmin upload page and activity details pages are gone bananas on me, it's like there's a CSS sheet missing. Everything is in Times New Roman and the Save button is missing when the activities upload.

I managed to get around by uploading the FIT files directly but still couldn't edit the details to name the ride or choose a pair of shoes for my run.

Happening with Chrome and IE, also happening on my girlfriend's PC with her account.

I had similar issues. The save button is still there, it is just text though in the bottom right corner. (For me at least). Uploading my ride ok for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I had similar issues. The save button is still there, it is just text though in the bottom right corner. (For me at least). Uploading my ride ok for me.

Same for me and aye, click the text and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Inquitus wrote: »
    Same for me and aye, click the text and it works.

+1 here.

• Advertisement

I just discovered by accident that I lost a KOM a few days ago but didn't get the usual email or Strava notification. Is this normal?

Advertisement