Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

penguin88 wrote: »
    Sorry, meant to link the segment page directly:

http://app.strava.com/segments/3942208

I never knew there was an underground tunnel in Clontarf!
    :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Damnit, I lost a KOM I didn't know I had, and really am quite surprsed by how busy the road is. Some guy bet me by 29seconds though.

I lost another KOM the other day by 3 seconds. Only one left.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

@penguin88. Why would you want to have a segment there? You need to go through 3 sets of traffics lights on the short distance, coupled with that you have bus stops and a entrance to a car park.

What is the point of the segment? I think it should be flagged simply because of the pointlessness of it. I doubt there are many that target that part of their cycle for putting in their big effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Leroy42 wrote: »
    @penguin88. Why would you want to have a segment there? You need to go through 3 sets of traffics lights on the short distance, coupled with that you have bus stops and a entrance to a car park.

What is the point of the segment? I think it should be flagged simply because of the pointlessness of it. I doubt there are many that target that part of their cycle for putting in their big effort.

I didn't create the segment! Just saw the name of it and found it amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Ah, ok, my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Anyone else having trouble with Strava uploads ?

Done a ride today and it failed while i was saving it on my android phone. Had a look on strava website and there's a known issue, they recommend waiting a few hours and it should appear but there's still nothing so sent them a request to see if they can find the ride anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zorba wrote: »

Done a ride today and it failed while i was saving it on my android phone. Had a look on strava website and there's a known issue, they recommend waiting a few hours and it should appear but there's still nothing so sent them a request to see if they can find the ride anywhere.

Mine worked fine this afternoon and one this evening as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

No issues on my side. Spin this afternoon. I used garmin than uploaded to strava.

As I said I'm using an android phone and someone recommended logging out and restarting the app and it should appear but it didn't. Then someone else said whatever u do don't log out, starting to think the ride us lost. Will see what support come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

As I said I'm using an android phone and someone recommended logging out and restarting the app and it should appear but it didn't. Then someone else said whatever u do don't log out, starting to think the ride us lost. Will see what support come back with.

I think it might be ok, I've never lost a ride. Including one time I actually recorded a ride even though I was never logged in. Logged in after I finished and it uploaded to my account fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Try this:
    Make sure you are in Wi-Fi. Restart your phone and start strava again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Here is one, my phone is now broke so no strava for me anytime soon.

http://www.strava.com/activities/67200395

inc21 wrote: »
    Try this:
    Make sure you are in Wi-Fi. Restart your phone and start strava again.

Yep tried this a few times, no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Yep tried this a few times, no joy.

Are you able to use net on the phone while on wifi?
    Try downloading something from play store.
    Go find strava on Play Store and try to update.

Next 2 try if all else fails. You may loose your workout.
    In strava app: log out then in again
    Uninstall Strava then re-install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

inc21 wrote: »
    Uninstall Strava then re-install.

DON'T do this. Any chance you have will be gone when any residual cache/data gets deleted with the app.

If you know your way Android, use a filemanager to find a directory called something like /storage/sdcard0/Strava/

In here are 2 further directories called gpx and upload- if anything is there, it will be in here somewhere. Within the Strava app the only thing you can do is click "Refresh" and hope for the best - as stated elsewhere you will need data (wifi or cellular - it doesn't matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

'just found out I have a KOM.

Unfortunately it appears to be a segment I created myself and I'm the only one ever to do it.

It's in sourthern france and has a nice french name and all ; don't remember creating it. Can't link from here but does anyone know if it's possible to accidentally create a segment? I'm guessing I may have been checking the gradient and maybe made it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

It's in sourthern france and has a nice french name and all ; don't remember creating it. Can't link from here but does anyone know if it's possible to accidentally create a segment? I'm guessing I may have been checking the gradient and maybe made it that way.

Some segments are automatically created after you upload an activity. I'd imagine this is the case here.

route66 wrote: »
    DON'T do this. Any chance you have will be gone when any residual cache/data gets deleted with the app.

If you know your way Android, use a filemanager to find a directory called something like /storage/sdcard0/Strava/

In here are 2 further directories called gpx and upload- if anything is there, it will be in here somewhere. Within the Strava app the only thing you can do is click "Refresh" and hope for the best - as stated elsewhere you will need data (wifi or cellular - it doesn't matter).

Had a look using a file manager on the phone and plugged the phone into the computer and all i can see in the strava directory is upload and there's nothing in that folder.

Not really having a good tech weekend, the phone in question deleted all my old text messages and me 8 yr old ipod has given up the ghost too !

Just as well i don't have a Di2 equipped bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Some segments are automatically created after you upload an activity. I'd imagine this is the case here.

Merci Monsieur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Can somebody please post a direct link to the club page I cannot find/join it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

I see Strava has a route creation feature added, seems to work well on an initial quick look but doesn't seem to highlight segments on the route, as yet anyway which would be the main benefit of route creation on strava over ridewithgps or Garmin Connect.

http://app.strava.com/routes

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

nilhg wrote: »
    I see Strava has a route creation feature added, seems to work well on an initial quick look but doesn't seem to highlight segments on the route, as yet anyway which would be the main benefit of route creation on strava over ridewithgps or Garmin Connect.

Getting turn by turn directions could be useful on routes you're not familiar with. The only way I'd managed to do this before (on the Edge 500) was by creating the route in bikeroutetoaster.com

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

nilhg wrote: »

It says on Strava: "Premium members are enjoying a preview of the Route Builder." I wonder does this imply that route creation will be made available to the masses eventually? I'd find this useful - currently I use mapmyride for route creation but you have to export to GPX, convert to TCX and then copy onto the Garmin, so it's a bit cumbersome. A nice clean 'send to garmin' interface would be good, but not worth the premium sub (seeing as there's already a free alternative).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

It looks like Routes are beta at the moment but the blog posting suggests that eventually the freeloaders :) non-premium members will get access.

Also, I saw this on Veloviewer's blog - worth remembering if you are going to use the facility
    Note that if you are sharing your routes that the shared route doesn't hide anything in your privacy zone so start your route away from your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Jawgap wrote: »
    It looks like Routes are beta at the moment but the blog posting suggests that eventually the freeloaders :) non-premium members will get access.
    Using it now. It's bloody awesome. Like RWGPS but far clearer and easier to use. A lot quicker too.

For some reason only some segments appear when drawing the route. I'm assuming this is just a bug and will be fixed. EDIT: turns out you need to click the refresh segments button. They don't automatically update when you move the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Some genius has flagged the climb UP the airport hill in Cork as hazardous. Can this be undone?

http://www.strava.com/segments/2463004

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Some genius has flagged the climb UP the airport hill in Cork as hazardous. Can this be undone?

http://www.strava.com/segments/2463004

What twat did that. It's one of the few roads in cork with plenty of space to cycle safely on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If there's no hazard, report the mistake to Strava.

If there is one, hide the segment and replot it excluding the hazard.

Advertisement