Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Leaderboards have been added to the club pages - boards.ie has already been "sherlocked." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jawgap wrote: »
    Leaderboards have been added to the club pages - boards.ie has already been "sherlocked." :)
    I enjoyed my half day at the top! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Wahey, came 2nd on last weeks distance leader board to the man himself. Best/only achievement on the bike so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Hes all time biggest climb is 38m!?
    That's sounds just about right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Jesus, I clicked this link and it's horrible!!

a) there are now 411 members of 410

b) they have now included a wonderful feature where we'll be compared to Mr S every time we log in

272120.jpg

Boooo!!

*sobs*

• Advertisement

AltAccount wrote: »
    a) there are now 411 members of 410
    Some spoilsport joined in the past hour or so. They should be ceremoniously beaten with mini-pumps.

The most disturbing aspect of the new layout is that we can see that 372 boardsies haven't registered a ride today yet! :eek:

Tut, tut.

I think everytime someone joins the group, we should kick out the person who's in the no. 1 spot.

Eventually, over time, we'd all get to feel the thrill of being top of the heap for a short while.

I can just picture it now - "hey man, I'd love to get a KOM here, but this hill's been AltAccounted"

Sweeeeeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I got in at 410. Should the club be shut from membership now ;) A new club could be set up for the lime shirts. :D

We'd be like special editions. Lauded for being different, but it would be quietly acknowledged that we're not quite as good as the original.

coca_cola_with_lime.jpg

AltAccount wrote: »
    ... we should kick out the person who's in the no. 1 spot
    At least Mr Sherlock doesn't seem to join the Strava challenges. If we were to kick out the top people in those myself and Jawgap could find ourselves homeless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

g0g wrote: »
    Given how close to sea level the coast road is along there I'd say this wasn't that inaccurate!? I've heard far worse stories (and experienced worse myself!). On long cycles in the rain I've seen my Garmin go off by well over 100m!

I've had a few issues myslef but some of the runs recorded around here of late are bananas, -250m to 50m in 2-3km?! There is even a cat 4 climb on a downhill piece of road :pac:

Note that if you leave a warm house and head out without allowing the GPS to cool down to outside ambient you'll get silly readings for awhile as well.

I don't get why any cycling GPS doesn't use the satellites to work out elevation. It's picking up enough of them to calculate it rather than rely on a pressure sensor

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

GPS altimeters are rubbish. If you find any segments with elevation profiles that don't tally with reality, send the URL to Strava support and they'll recalculate the elevation or delete the segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

GPS altimeters are rubbish. If you find any segments with elevation profiles that don't tally with reality, send the URL to Strava support and they'll recalculate the elevation or delete the segment.

You can do it yourself. Click on the Elevation? link on the ride page and it will correct the elevation.

Screen_Shot_2013_09_17_at_9_31_21_AM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Lol'd at yesterdays KOM.

http://www.strava.com/segments/2376135

- boards.ie has already been "sherlocked." :)
    It's been unSherlocked today and I'm hoping Jawgap gets the bus home this evening to allow me to wallow in it for a while! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Well, I was going to bus it home as I have a nice cold coming on, but having looked at the leaderboard.........

......I'm still bussing it home!

Well, I was going to bus it home as I have a nice cold coming on, but having looked at the leaderboard.........

......I'm still bussing it home!
    Bloody miserable out there this morning. My feet were soaked through in the first 5k and I couldn't warm up but kept at it regardless. I had intended to do 100k but had enough at 90.

It's been unSherlocked today and I'm hoping Jawgap gets the bus home this evening to allow me to wallow in it for a while! :D
    It's been Sherlocked again - he's just blown us away! :o

Elevation?
    That corrects the elevation of your ride if you're not happy with the elevation from a barometric altimeter. It doesn't do anything for the segments you rode.

That corrects the elevation of your ride if you're not happy with the elevation from a barometric altimeter. It doesn't do anything for the segments you rode.
    I went through a segment recentlyand my Garmin 500 registered it as 1445 metres (my biggest climb to date). I was with a few other who travelled the same route and they registered 1775 metres (mixture of Garmins and smart phones. I was going to click the correct button but am half afraid it may reduce it. (...as I see R Sherlock's biggest climb is 38m).

• Advertisement

Hitting the 'correct elevation' button will change the elevation for your effort, all right, but if you go to the segment page the data can still be wonky, which messes up climb categorisation and stuff like Veloviewer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I just got Mr Sherlocked on a 1.3k segment :D:D bet that will not last long.

Carpenter wrote: »
    He's doing well on that considering he set his time 5 years ago - long before there was any segment there or almost anywhere. Well done BTW. :)

One thing you don't do is advertise that you beat him..he'll come back and shame you! :pac:

Can you post link to this segment?

inc21 wrote: »
    Can you post link to this segment?

http://www.strava.com/activities/83870786#1715627240

Zyzz wrote: »
    One thing you don't do is advertise that you beat him..he'll come back and shame you! :pac:

That will not be hard for that man

He has had few years to improve :pac:

Thanks for the link!

Does anyone know why if you have a joint KOM it doesn't show up on your list?

Noticed I have 1 or 2 KOMs that are joint with another person but dont show up :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Zyzz wrote: »
    Does anyone know why if you have a joint KOM it doesn't show up on your list?

Noticed I have 1 or 2 KOMs that are joint with another person but dont show up :/

Are you first on the list?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement