Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jocry wrote: »
    I just joined it today, pity, I managed the longest cycle for last week lol
    ........and bumped me down to 2nd longest! :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Dcully wrote: »
    Just joined up there.

I want to make a comment about the irony of a person involved in competing in virtual simulations at a real world level, signing up to compete in real world competitions at a virtual level but I don't have any clever words for such an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭hueylewis

Ryan "killer of dreams" Sherlock pushed me outside the podium places this week :pac: Ah well, there'll be other weeks :D

hueylewis wrote: »
    Ryan "killer of dreams" Sherlock pushed me outside the podium places this week :pac: Ah well, there'll be other weeks :D
    Must be in Elevation as he hasn't clocked up too much mileage this week!

Must be in Elevation as he hasn't clocked up too much mileage this week!

Yep. Some crazy amounts of climbing done by the lads at the top!

• Advertisement

hueylewis wrote: »
    Yep. Some crazy amounts of climbing done by the lads at the top!
    Two of those lads are abroad probably on cycling holidays where it's fairly easy to clock up big climbs. On the other hand your elevation is very impressive based on distance travelled - e.g. 1500m on a 60k spin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

CramCycle wrote: »
    I want to make a comment about the irony of a person involved in competing in virtual simulations at a real world level, signing up to compete in real world competitions at a virtual level but I don't have any clever words for such an event.

haha well its more cost effective to cycle than motorsport :)

Two of those lads are abroad probably on cycling holidays where it's fairly easy to clock up big climbs. On the other hand your elevation is very impressive based on distance travelled - e.g. 1500m on a 60k spin.

Ah I see. Yeah that was a fairly odd one, and I probably overdid it a bit. Hadn't planned on doing so much but I felt like I had plenty of energy to keep going so put in a few extra climbs and loops than I normally would.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Cycled to Mullingar at the weekend, seems there was a boardie on a similiar route, to Castlepollard for his mams cooking apparently, was slightly faster than me on every segment...........annoying
    He put in a serious effort, average 173bpm!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Anyone experience the 'new' Strava layout, looks pretty handy/cool/useful ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone experience the 'new' Strava layout, looks pretty handy/cool/useful ;)

Am I the only person seeing the link to the new interface ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Is Strava Premium worth the 59 odd dollars?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Am I the only person seeing the link to the new interface ?

Depends on how new your view of the interface is compared to others.

Post a pic and I'll compare it to my view, but what I am seeing was what was updated a month or more ago.

Is Strava Premium worth the 59 odd dollars?

Is the Strava service worth $59?
    Features wise I don't see much without a power meter, but as a premium member, I don't know what is disabled in non premium accounts.

Idleater wrote: »
    Depends on how new your view of the interface is compared to others.

Post a pic and I'll compare it to my view, but what I am seeing was what was updated a month or more ago.

There's quite a few changes, here's 2:

Overview:
    Any segment is highlighted (on the route) when hovering over them with the mouse

C68C23E13C9E42EF9D570CA3E12572A4-0000318644-0003384665-00800L-ED88FA0F81F74B1C961D6C9E33AAC151.jpg

Analysis:
    Speed, power, cadence & HR is displayed when the analysis tab is clicked

D3F9C417F5A1490E8E8580F8C8C4F05A-0000318644-0003384664-00800L-3D023A21643F4DF5B7CF976A84A55540.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Idleater wrote: »
    Is the Strava service worth $59?
    Features wise I don't see much without a power meter, but as a premium member, I don't know what is disabled in non premium accounts.

If I had a power meter I'd be a premium member. Otherwise I dont think it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

snip

They are rolling this out gradually, it's still in beta mode while they iron out a few issues.
    We will be rolling the feature out to Premium users first over the next week or so and more users not long after that.

https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/22306669-New-Cycling-Activity-Pages-Preview

In that case no. Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

So RidewithGPS just got made redundant. Sorry, mate, no work for you anymore........

Where will Strava Routes take you?

The Strava Route Builder is now available to all users. Using real athlete data to recommend the best roads and trails around the world, the Route Builder lets you create cycling routes that fit your preferences and goals, whether you’re trying to hit the most segments or go for the most (or least!) elevation. Access the Route Builder and all of your created and starred routes by clicking the My Routes tab on your dashboard.

Looks good (equivalent to RWGPS), if a bit 'clunky' on a first try. One nice aspect is that it calculates the average speed from your most recent spins to estimate the journey time.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    So RidewithGPS just got made redundant. Sorry, mate, no work for you anymore........

Where will Strava Routes take you?

The Strava Route Builder is now available to all users. Using real athlete data to recommend the best roads and trails around the world, the Route Builder lets you create cycling routes that fit your preferences and goals, whether you’re trying to hit the most segments or go for the most (or least!) elevation. Access the Route Builder and all of your created and starred routes by clicking the My Routes tab on your dashboard.

Looks good (equivalent to RWGPS), if a bit 'clunky' on a first try. One nice aspect is that it calculates the average speed from your most recent spins to estimate the journey time.

RidewithGPS can rest easy, the Strava route builder is an absolute nightmare to use. Unless you mark a route point every 100m's or so it decides to take the most illogical route to your next point and this with the 'popularity' option on or off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

jinkypolly wrote: »
    RidewithGPS can rest easy, the Strava route builder is an absolute nightmare to use. Unless you mark a route point every 100m's or so it decides to take the most illogical route to your next point and this with the 'popularity' option on or off.

It's pretty hopeless. Why it won't just turn right at the roundabout here I just don't understand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It's pretty hopeless. Why it won't just turn right at the roundabout here I just don't understand.

You should have a go of the google maps cycle routes for Dublin, there is a standard for hopeless that Strava could only aspire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Switch to 'Run' mode up the top there and see if there is any change

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zyzz wrote: »
    Switch to 'Run' mode up the top there and see if there is any change

No change. It doesn't really matter, I don't even have a GPS computer to put the route on. I was just showing an example of how bad the routing is.

No change. It doesn't really matter, I don't even have a GPS computer to put the route on. I was just showing an example of how bad the routing is.

I just tried it and it worked OK, try zooming in a bit more, I find that both apps do funny things when zoomed out, and they won't let you near some dual-carriageways & motorways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Uploaded a ride from a garmin and the date is wrong on strava, is there any way to change it?

Uploaded a ride from a garmin and the date is wrong on strava, is there any way to change it?
    Leave it for a while - it might rectify itself. Strava had one of my rides down as May 2014. It was annoying as it kept going to the top of my activities. It eventually corrected itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Finally made the leader Board for longest ride but only came second to my brother and we went out together! Damn you Strava, Damn you to hell. :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Since switching to this new interface, I can't access the feature where you could compare your ride with someone else's on a segment i.e. you would see two little dots and you could drag them along the route seeing how far ahead or behind you were at any point. Does anyone know is this still there and how to get at it or if not is it possible to revert to the old interface?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Anyone else's Strava have a complete meltdown over the weekend?

Went for two spins, both of which only picked 5 minutes of data, then just gave up.

I updated to the new ios 7 and updated the app, never had a problem prior.

Advertisement