Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭G1032

This has probably been posted here a few times but it's something I only came across today.
    One fans tribute to David Millar.............

http://www.strava.com/activities/13312938

• Registered Users Posts: 14 infor74

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Anyone else's Strava have a complete meltdown over the weekend?

Went for two spins, both of which only picked 5 minutes of data, then just gave up.

I updated to the new ios 7 and updated the app, never had a problem prior.

Yes same here, went hell for leather trying for KOM's and my strava only picked up the first 20k :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Hit 2 pages of KOM's..cash4gold anyone? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Zyzz wrote: »
    Hit 2 pages of KOM's..cash4gold anyone? :pac:

You've just put a big target on your back :) or on your KOM page :) nutley lane here I come :)

You've just put a big target on your back :) or on your KOM page :) nutley lane here I come :)

Got this the other day..mildly amusing..

uIJGy7h.png

So I stole a KOM of his, matched another and got another 3 since :pac:

Haha I can't wait ;) As for Nutley Lane, yeh theres no rush on that one cool? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Got this the other day..mildly amusing..

uIJGy7h.png

So I stole a KOM of his, matched another and got another 3 since :pac:

Haha I can't wait ;) As for Nutley Lane, yeh theres no rush on that one cool? :p

There's nothing like picking off someone's KOMs one by one! PM me his link and I'll join in :):)

I'll save the nutley until we can do it side by side drag strip style :)

There's nothing like picking off someone's KOMs one by one! PM me his link and I'll join in :):)

I'll save the nutley until we can do it side by side drag strip style :)

Haha his others are down the country, only 1 or 2 in my 'territory' so Ill see what I can do ;)

Fast and Furious 7..up nutley lane..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

infor74 wrote: »
    Yes same here, went hell for leather trying for KOM's and my strava only picked up the first 20k :mad:

Found this online, may be helpful

We've been running the current version of the Strava app with iOS 7 and it's been working without any problems. However, there is one setting that could cause a problem where the app loses GPS connection, and stops recording any data. The setting is called "Background App Refresh" and the default should be that it is set to on for all apps which is required for Strava to continue to collect GPS data while in the background.

You can customize this setting for individual apps. If you go to the Settings page and check "Background App Refresh" this should be set to on, so the switch should be green for the Strava app and not disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭julio_iglayzis

Just had two hard-won KOMS annihilated today by some magnificantly speedy bastard - Clyde Road and Cross Avenue. My heart, already fragile, has shattered into a million pieces :(. Bring on the gin and the Leonard Cohen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just had two hard-won KOMS annihilated today by some magnificantly speedy bastard - Clyde Road and Cross Avenue. My heart, already fragile, has shattered into a million pieces :(. Bring on the gin and the Leonard Cohen.

Clyde Road in Dublin 4? Wouldn't have thought that would be great for speed?

Can you post a link to it? Not showing up on strava for me

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    Clyde Road in Dublin 4? Wouldn't have thought that would be great for speed?

Can you post a link to it? Not showing up on strava for me

Sure -

http://www.strava.com/segments/4780477

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hahaha absolutely zero surprise there on who the new KOM is!

Haha guilty :pac:

Also first time I'd been down Clyde road..horrible rampy strip

Hahaha absolutely zero surprise there on who the new KOM is!

Is it a boardsie?

Haha guilty :pac:

Also first time I'd been down Clyde road..horrible rampy strip

You sir, are a steely-eyed missile man. Fair play:).
    Clyde Road is awful all right, it could really use a resurfacing.

You sir, are a steely-eyed missile man. Fair play:).
    Clyde Road is awful all right, it could really use a resurfacing.

Ha the Cross Ave one you had was shared with a guy who told me that I was to be 'very afraid' of losing my KOM's, so I took it :pac: it's beatable though ;)

Ha the Cross Ave one you had was shared with a guy who told me that I was to be 'very afraid' of losing my KOM's, so I took it :pac: it's beatable though ;)

:D I bet you're sh!tting yourself there alright.

:D I bet you're sh!tting yourself there alright.

Aw man you have no idea..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

He's knocking at my back door too! The barricade has held up so far but I fear what the next few days may bring! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

He's knocking at my back door too!

Thank god he's been banned from putting up a suitable gif for that mental image!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Had a go at cylde road this morning. Rough stretch of road!

Having worked there for 2 years it was the first time registering a full segment

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

So... If you get a KOM on a segment that you have created yourself... And if no one else has ridden it... Does it still count?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

bellinter wrote: »
    So... If you get a KOM on a segment that you have created yourself... And if no one else has ridden it... Does it still count?!

You created one that finishes in your back garden haven't you
    :-)
    That was the tip back in the beginning on how to get at least one kom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Yes, but I think Veloviewer doesn't accept it.

And I don't think you get the little crown on your ride, unless you beat your own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

That's good enough for me... I'm counting it! No need to count the back garden any more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I was hoping no one would ask this question :o*

* to be fair I didn't create it but I seem to be the only one to ever had done it. Maybe Strava felt I needed a little cheering up when it saw my other times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Don't like what they've done with the club discussion thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,656 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I'm getting loads of e-mails from Strava regarding people on Boards starting a discussion. Is everyone getting these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I'm getting loads of e-mails from Strava regarding people on Boards starting a discussion. Is everyone getting these?

Yeah, its just people putting up their usernames. Must be a checkbox to turn it off somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Leroy42 wrote: »

only since the weekend, pain in the ass.
    it's on the notifications on strava itself too :mad:

Advertisement