Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,656 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Grand, just thought it odd as it seemed to have started just recently after not getting any for ages and wanted to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I'm getting loads of e-mails from Strava regarding people on Boards starting a discussion. Is everyone getting these?

Settings > Email Notifications > Club Emails

• Registered Users Posts: 15,656 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Settings > Email Notifications > Club Emails

Cheers. I was more the sudden start in the activity and the rate that had me concerned more than the e-mails themselves. Always get suspicious when suddenly a stream of e-mails from the same source start to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Is everyone else getting those emails on the double?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....And I don't think you get the little crown on your ride, unless you beat your own time.
    ...or create the segment on someone else's ride before uploading your own ride. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭buffalo

Is everyone else getting those emails on the double?

Some of the posts are on the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

buffalo wrote: »
    Some of the posts are on the double.
    I've been getting these for the last couple of days, soem on the double. Don't think I changed my setting at all, what is the story with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Strava changed their mail policy last weekend so we are getting hammered. Log onto strava and switch off email notifications in settings.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh god my eyes, make it stop strava. Must remember log in.
    What are all you **** discussing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

What are all you **** discussing :pac:

You...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

OMG WTF Lance is back.............(or JP as the case maybe) !

...........and he's causing quite a stir.........hmmmm :confused::o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

My money says its someone in a car with way too much time on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Ah I get the JP meaning now, Juan Pelota ;)
    I wonder if he's a relation of Mr H ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Anyone get the latest Strava app on their phone, it now has access to 3 sufferfest videos for indoor training: Fight Club, Revolver & Rubber Glove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Anyone tried the new strava route maker with a edge 500? Couldn't get the direction notifications to pop up while cycling along like with the bike toaster ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

goose06 wrote: »
    Anyone get the latest Strava app on their phone, it now has access to 3 sufferfest videos for indoor training: Fight Club, Revolver & Rubber Glove.

Wow, that's awesome. Must try that when I'm home (few weeks).

Do you just have to update the app? Is it on Android or just iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Sounds deadly. Is there any way to input your turbo training miles onto strava btw?

detones wrote: »
    Sounds deadly. Is there any way to input your turbo training miles onto strava btw?

Yep you can manually enter the mileage if you know it. On the website, press Upload activity and then select manual entry on the left hand side of the screen.

Yep you can manually enter the mileage if you know it. On the website, press Upload activity and then select manual entry on the left hand side of the screen.

Cool will try that. I have a tack flow which records mileage and speed,

It's easy enough to do once you've found the right page. Doesn't count towards any challenges though!

• Advertisement

On android just updated it last night, I've a premium account so I don't know if it is for free as well as the paid for account.

Just installed latest update and cant see anything. I only have free version so it must be just for Priemum members only.

If you click on the Feed (menu) on the top left the last option is Training Videos

276287.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Think you have to be premium for that.

Think you have to be premium for that.

Now i'm not so sure its only for Premium customers. From reading on other forums it seems to be on the Android App. I have an I Phone and its not on it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

detones wrote: »
    Now i'm not so sure its only for Premium customers. From reading on other forums it seems to be on the Android App. I have an I Phone and its not on it :mad:

I have an SG3 with fully updated Strava and it says that you have to be premium to view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I've a few KOMs in northern Poland as I cycle there every year when on holidays there. I haven't encountered many roadies on my rides there. Today I got the dreaded "Uh oh" email after two years of sporadic riding there! Some of the KOMs I didn't even know that they existed. I do now. I've a reason to go back again now too (aside from visiting her side of the family of course) to reclaim my titles!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

How do you find cycling on the road in Poland? I started cycling seriously after I've moved to Ireland and can't honestly complain in comparison to what I remember and heard from my Polish friends...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Alek wrote: »
    How do you find cycling on the road in Poland? I started cycling seriously after I've moved to Ireland and can't honestly complain in comparison to what I remember and heard from my Polish friends...

I had one occasion when I was blown off the road by the draft from a bus just outside a place called olysztyn and one other where some sap was beeping at me and telling me to cycle in the gutter but aside from those two it is fine. The only problem that I have is the total lack of hills in Warmia and Mazuria! Lovely rolling terrain and great for TT practice!

Advertisement