Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Try the south next time if you fancy hills- you certainly won't be disappointed :-) Sorry for the drivers, but still I'm impressed you met only two like this. Something is improving in my nation ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Alek wrote: »
    Try the south next time if you fancy hills- you certainly won't be disappointed :-) Sorry for the drivers, but still I'm impressed you met only two like this. Something is improving in my nation ;-)

Yea I've been climbing down there but the in-laws are from up north so its usually Warsaw and up north for me! I'll get to the south with the bike some day. I think that the time of day that I ride over there helps re the lack of crazy drives. I usually go out mid morning for max 5 hours which eliminates rush hour traffic. Don't get me started on evening time driving from Warsaw though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Looks like the IOS update has arrived with videos available under the "More" menu.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

1381748_749527155073218_1986931677_n.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

FYP ;)

278028.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

"Find your way" Boards club:
    Leaderboard

Current Rank 6/66
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

http://www.strava.com/athletes/1478161

See year to date distance. Nailed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

http://www.strava.com/athletes/1478161

See year to date distance. Nailed it :D

3218.4?

Also..I have 33 KOMs now..but strava doesn't email me when I lose one, pain in the hole. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Zyzz wrote: »
    Also..I have 33 KOMs now..but strava doesn't email me when I lose one, pain in the hole. :|

They're not uphill enough to warrant an email.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

3218.4?

Damn, on mine I got 3,456.7. Must be private rides.

They're not uphill enough to warrant an email.
    :)

Aw..I'm not worthy :(
    Damn, on mine I got 3,456.7. Must be private rides.

Yeow private rides ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

If you use the signature image in Veloviewer and update it after each ride, it will keep you up to date (which in my case means a steady loss of KOM's).

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you use the signature image in Veloviewer and update it after each ride, it will keep you up to date (which in my case means a steady loss of KOM's).
    I'm happy with mine as it is .....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Today I gave a segment a lash to improve my current KOM as some other cretin had the cheek to equal my time. Anyway I thought I nailed it but when I checked the result it came in as my second best time despite the fact it showed a higher average speed. It showed the time being equal to my original KOM. Anyone ever seen this? I'd say its a glitch with using an I Phone instead of Garmin.

Post the segment, see who the cretin is..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

new beta view available, same ****, restricted view the running has been subjected to for the last while :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

new beta view available, same ****, restricted view the running has been subjected to for the last while :mad:

Dunno, I like it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

New view is nice, easier to visualise individual segments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Koobcam wrote: »
    New view is nice, easier to visualise individual segments

maybe it's a bit better for cycling but it's very restrictive for the running, removing most of the best efforts from easy viewing and make previously available stats premium only.

the graph is much less useful than before though the auto highlight of segments without moving page is good.

grey background is horrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

detones wrote: »
    Today I gave a segment a lash to improve my current KOM as some other cretin had the cheek to equal my time. Anyway I thought I nailed it but when I checked the result it came in as my second best time despite the fact it showed a higher average speed. It showed the time being equal to my original KOM. Anyone ever seen this? I'd say its a glitch with using an I Phone instead of Garmin.
    Depending on the view, the average speed sometimes is shown with and sometimes without including stopped time. I'm not saying that you stopped, your phone could have blipped for ten seconds and recorded no change, and strava marks that as "stopped". To take an example, imagine you have a 1km segment:

One guy does it in 2 minutes without stopping. You do it in 2:15 but you had to stop for 20 seconds to fix your brake caliper which came out of alignment. Your average moving speed is 31.3km/h, his is 30km/h. But you were 20 seconds slower.

There was also an interesting blog post put up here a good while back showing how segment times and speeds are calculated. In short, you don't have to match a segment exactly and the nature of GPS is such that you can't be that accurate. The algorithm in some cases means that two riders doing the same segment may have ridden distances up to 100m different.

It was actually used as proof to show why a commuter couldn't possibly have ridden (dengerously) @ 50km/h down a busy inner city street. The segment was really short (< 100m) and the rider who clocked this ridiculous speed had really only ridden half of the segment, but because it matched in the algorithm, it said he did the entire segment at twice the speed.

I uploaded a ride today as usual but Strava has decided I did it last Saturday afternoon. As a result I have now dislodged 2 Boardsies from last week's podiums. It hasn't happened to me before. Incidently the elapsed time for the ride is down as 51 hours (as if the Garmin was left on) but I uploaded a ride on Saturday in the normal way and recharged and switched off the unit.

Can this be rectified?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I uploaded a ride today as usual but Strava has decided I did it last Saturday afternoon. As a result I have now dislodged 2 Boardsies from last week's podiums. It hasn't happened to me before. Incidently the elapsed time for the ride is down as 51 hours (as if the Garmin was left on) but I uploaded a ride on Saturday in the normal way and recharged and switched off the unit.

Can this be rectified?

Only by splitting them up manually, which can be a pain. I imagine you forgot to reset the unit before starting the next ride?

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I imagine you forgot to reset the unit before starting the next ride?
    Possibly - but wouldn't that lead to today's ride being a continuation of Saturday's ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

It should have

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    It should have
    Definitely began today at zero kms and zero time.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Can you change your settings on Strava so only your followers can comment on your Rides?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

just joined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 givusapush

Tech question.i have a garmin edge 510. Just uploaded my ride to garmin connect.using only a sansung galaxy s2 as no internet in house except on phone.wanna know is it possible to upload the ride to strava from garmin connect using only my smartphone?any ideas im not great at tech stuff.cheers

Advertisement