Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

http://www.strava.com/challenges/shimano-summer-challenge

600km in 16 days, unfortunately finishes tomorrow but will retro add in your trips from 26th July till now.

http://www.strava.com/challenges/sis-summer-challenge

Single 100 mile trip - 1st-31st August

http://www.strava.com/challenges/gran-fondo-08

Single 130K trip - 1st-31st August

http://www.strava.com/challenges/august-2014-mts-ride

Badges for 250k intervals up to a max of 1250k

I've found this site which has other challenges on it: www.kom.club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Can you link to the post? The 'hazardous segment waiver' sounds wonderful, but I won't be holding my breath.
    'Flagged Segment waiver' is here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

'Flagged Segment waiver' is here :pac:
    And I'm glad I didn't hold my breath. It doesn't restore full functionality to the segments (achievements, ability to delete). That said, if it has a chilling effect on flagging, I will be happy.

... It doesn't restore full functionality to the segments (achievements, ...
    True
    ... ability to delete). ....
    What’s that?
    ... That said, if it has a chilling effect on flagging, I will be happy.
    Might have a calming effect ;)

Going off on a tangent, the segment named “Flag if you want me to go faster” (Glencullen-Kilternan) has survived unflagged for a long time where its conventionally-named overlapping siblings have perished :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Going off on a tangent, the segment named “Flag if you want me to go faster” (Glencullen-Kilternan) has survived unflagged for a long time where its conventionally-named overlapping siblings have perished :pac:

I think new rules should be brought in that all segments have interesting names, if they don't then they are not worth trying on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Some of them are actually quite imaginative already. Cycling the "Leaving the stinkys behind" always makes me want to go faster, while "Have a drink!" quite otherwise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

mathie wrote: »
    Can you get an audio warning when a segment starts and ends?

If you're using the premium service and are recording with your phone, it'll announce the segment end and your time. Not sure about the start announcement. It doesn't announce when you get a PR or KOM.

What’s that?
    If a segment you create is flagged, you can't delete it, regardless of the waiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VR46

CramCycle wrote: »
    I think new rules should be brought in that all segments have interesting names, if they don't then they are not worth trying on.

There should be punishments for anyone that uses the word 'climb' on a flat segment.

example

If a segment you create is flagged, you can't delete it, regardless of the waiver.
    As in delete a segment that you made? That seems odd!(?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

Little bastsrd hill past jobstown inn

I agree with the name only in so far as It describes some of the motorists I encounter on that stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Hadn't read this thread in a while, saw the 'Flagged Segment waiver' for the first time tonight. Also an email with congratulations for achieving a KOM, with handy links for sharing. Upping their game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

buffalo wrote: »
    Hadn't read this thread in a while, saw the 'Flagged Segment waiver' for the first time tonight. Also an email with congratulations for achieving a KOM, with handy links for sharing. Upping their game!

Speaking of KOM's, you absolutely destroyed Kilmashogue, mahoooosive kudos sir! (and congrats)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

"Seaview, what seaview? Oh you mean behind me? Right so..."

Seaview rd climb near me :)

Zyzz wrote: »
    Speaking of KOM's, you absolutely destroyed Kilmashogue, mahoooosive kudos sir! (and congrats)

I could've knocked a few more seconds off the final ramp, but I hadn't given the bike a once over before I left the house - chain was jumping in the big sprockets. My own bloody fault - glad I didn't end up losing by a couple of seconds, or I would've really been kicking myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

AKA http://www.strava.com/challenges/318

Just keep changing the digits and you get to see them all as they appear. Secret and not so secret.

Anyone any suggestions as to how to split a 1,600km ride into several individual activities? I know from previous experience with Strava, if I crop it to activity #1 and then try re-upload the original, it'll complain it's a duplicate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

buffalo wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions as to how to split a 1,600km ride into several individual activities? I know from previous experience with Strava, if I crop it to activity #1 and then try re-upload the original, it'll complain it's a duplicate.

I think you'll have to open up the tcx in a text editor and manually create 7 separate files from it. At a guess, rename each one according to the dates& start times of the rides, replace the start times and remove any lap information in the file. I'd also start each file with the original start information from the master/main file, changing only date/ start/lap times. Do the same for each activity.

At the very least you should get something strava recognises but may not upload automatically ( you'll have to upload from file yourself ).

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Eddy Merckz 1969 Challenge
    700km in 20 Days
    20 September 2014 — 9 October 2014
    There are achievement badges to be earned at 233km, 467km and 700km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'm in! Mizen to Malin should get this one sorted for me ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Hi All. I'm new to Strava (non premium user) and would like to know if I buy a bluetooth HRM will the Strava App display realtime HR and or avg HR. As you all probably know the app currently displays Time, Distance and Avg Speed along with a large start/stop button.
    Alternatively can I get another android app that will do this and give me the option to configure the display, save the file and upload it later to Strava.
    I intend to use it for TT's and I want to see the HR and avgHR to measure my effort because this is what I am used to. If I can get the HR on the display and I can see it in bright conditions I think I will off load the Garmin.
    I assume my garmin ANT+ HRM will not work and the Wahoo Tickr HRM @63 Euro from Amazon is recommended on google.
    Any advice on this appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Download the IpSensorMan app and configure the HR monitor there. The HR monitor should then appear in the Strava app. Worked for me anyway a few months ago on my Garmin HRM and Samsung Note 3.

Download the IpSensorMan app and configure the HR monitor there. The HR monitor should then appear in the Strava app. Worked for me anyway a few months ago on my Garmin HRM and Samsung Note 3.

Thanks,
    Result of scan = No devices found. Did you chose to manually add a device ID and if so what value should I enter in this field. My Garmin HRM has two codes printed on it but they look like model or type codes rather than unique ID values.

Sony Experia phone and Android Ver 4.4.2

Just found this : https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/22821681-Strava-s-Android-app-with-ANT-adaptor-?page=1
    It would appear that ANT+ is not supported on Strava without some kind of conversion dongle.
    Support for ANT+ accessories is still pending until some decisive action is taken by the Strava team. Sorry to relay the disappointing news!

August 06, 2014 04:21 PM

Strava Support.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thanks,
    Result of scan = No devices found. Did you chose to manually add a device ID and if so what value should I enter in this field. My Garmin HRM has two codes printed on it but they look like model or type codes rather than unique ID values.

Sony Experia phone and Android Ver 4.4.2

Just found this : https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/22821681-Strava-s-Android-app-with-ANT-adaptor-?page=1
    It would appear that ANT+ is not supported on Strava without some kind of conversion dongle.

Your phone has to have ANT+ support, the note 3 does, alot of smart phones don't. Your options are a bluetooth HRM with a BT HRM or an ANT+ dongle for your phone.

I didn't actually know the Note had ANT+, must try it out this evening.

Your phone has to have ANT+ support, the note 3 does, alot of smart phones don't. Your options are a bluetooth HRM with a BT HRM or an ANT+ dongle for your phone.

I didn't actually know the Note had ANT+, must try it out this evening.

Thanks for that.
    FYI: There are a few posts in the thread I linked to confirming ANT+ devices communicating with Android OS, Galaxy S3 (Micilin Muc) among others. Many others on there too unhappy with this issue with other phones.

So unless there is another app or patch for what I want on the Sony Xperia it is the Wahoo Ticker BT HRM for 63Euro. And I will look into the dongle option. Either will be worthwhile because I will finally be finished with the most troublesome piece of cycling kit Ihave ever bought the Edge 705 and associated s/w. If I can find a buyer for it of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Anyone tried veloviewer? It links into your Strava profile and seems to give you an overdoes on stats. Its kind if cool (if you like that sort of thing...)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Anyone tried veloviewer? It links into your Strava profile and seems to give you an overdoes on stats. Its kind if cool (if you like that sort of thing...)

A lot of people do. See below

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

If you like your stats, and use chrome, then there is a nice extension which adds a little to the strava experience.

Probably not for everybody but easy to delete and free......

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stravaplus-developer-prev/dhiaggccakkgdfcadnklkbljcgicpckn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Great for Stalking :)

Go to "activities" and on a ride click on the symbol to the right of the little strava symbol.

Should bring you here (as an example)....

Advertisement